Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-24-2021, 11:33 AM   #1
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Post office issues

Ottawa area, and I've now have multiple packages that appear to be sitting for over a week at various places.

Tracking indicates Ottawa, Montreal, Mississauga for these and absolutely no changes (mouvement) at all for over a week for one, and a few days for others.

I can understand some abnormal delays due to COVID-19 at one facility, but 3 of them at the same time?

Anyone else having such issues?

I have close to a dozen packages on the way (including these) and it's a bit scary to see stuff being this stuck like this... a week or so ago everything appeared fine and all those packages came in without such delays.
Old 02-24-2021, 12:36 PM   #2
Gunslinger
Machine War
Re: Post office issues

I have a package in Ottawa since feb 4th with zero movement.
Gunslinger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 06:51 PM   #3
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

If there's tracking information, you can try phoning in and asking if they have any information. Chances are they won't be able to help you, but I'd wanna try anyway. I know in my city, they're doing evening deliveries as well which was never a thing, so I can only assume the higher than ever volume has caused them to put in a 2nd shift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 07:24 PM   #4
Xtreme987
Metroplex

I'm lucky if the post-person comes before it gets dark. Also a couple weeks ago I checked the tracking on a package & it said it was delivered to my doorstep but I didn't get it. It was actually left outside all night. Good thing it wasn't anything too important & it was well packaged cuz it did snow. Usually they at least ring the doorbell. I wasn't too impressed with that. I realize their backed up but geez at least ring the doorbell or knock on the door so we know someone was there.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:13 AM   #5
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Well the Montreal one finally arrived on Friday... the other ones still have yet to budge.. I did an inquiry via their "chat" thing and I got a basic "it's moving, please wait for a bit longer"auto-response... if nothing by mid-Monday, I'll probably call.
Old 02-28-2021, 01:19 AM   #6
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Canada post is informing people there is up to a week in delivery delays..
At least in manitoba.
You should really ask your post office??
Common sense.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 02:14 AM   #7
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Should be no issues.
Patience is a virtue.
It's pandemic season people.
Longer wait times vary.
Old 02-28-2021, 02:16 AM   #8
alternatorfan
g1 baby

It's the same with Purolator, FedEx.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:36 AM   #9
joshimus
Metroplex

Had something ship from Neca Feb 2nd...just hit some place in the States with a proper CP tracking number....still not on Canada. Eventually it will show up.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:10 PM   #10
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Looks like the message I sent did something (I'll be optimistic), as it's now moving.

But of course, they put it on the wrong truck...

Note that it's a given that COVID-19 has caused delays, but if one take the time and read my comment, the fact that some do appear to go through without issue, when others are sitting there, my question is about "is there particular reasons for some items to end up so stuck compared to others?".

Any reports about some locations having to close down or such that would cause this? (as Post Canada isn't forthcoming with any such information)