Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-29-2009, 01:49 PM   #21
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ
Re: Movie Constructicons (SPOILERS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
The cynical part of me thinks that the reason they're so many of the clones floating around was MONEY. It was a way to recycle computer molds to make the decepticon army seem larger.
Maybe, but if that's the case they could have used some of the other models they didn't use for Movie1, such as Wreckage/Bludgeon or bring back an army of mountain dew bots. It's all very strange and confusing to TF fans, but I'm sure the general public didn't even notice the Con clones
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:17 PM   #22
jacobot
drone 179

Why even bother and confuse with construction clones when the fallen had an army of protoforms?
jacobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:28 PM   #23
onecoin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
The cynical part of me thinks that the reason they're so many of the clones floating around was MONEY. It was a way to recycle computer molds to make the decepticon army seem larger. Hmm... reusing molds to make different characters, where have I heard this before? Repaint and reissue.
It has to be. I mean they used the exact same pan shot of Soundwave twice. 200 million dollar budget, that is completely inexcusable.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:37 PM   #24
dak
Master Creator

not to mention a few shots from the first movie appeared.

birds eye shot of Aircraft Carrier, but now with Optimus on deck!
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:08 PM   #25
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models
Re: Movie Constructicons

Quote:
Originally Posted by malteselegacy View Post
Why do they have to have clones anyways. There were enough Decepticons and Autobots in the movie as it was.
Basically; cannon fodder. For the good guys to win, bad guys need to fall. Otherwise you get the old G1 "everyone's shooting but no one's getting hit or going down" fights. You can't/shouldn't kill main characters like Megs (well, not again) and Starscream, and the first movie killed just about every other Decepticon off. But to create lots of new characters/bots just to march into battle and die quick can feel like a cheat - for example, "I thought poor Sideways bit it super fast. I'd like to see more of him, if he weren't dead. Oh wait, look! Another decepticon who took on the same scan...".

Persaonlly I was happy to see them again - "Blackout", "Bonecrusher", and having Devastator and still seeing Long Haul, Rampage, and MixMaster in action individually.

Basically, good Decepticons never die. TF3 can have another Sideways-scan.

Personally, I would have had an explanation moment and/or recolor more of the scan-clones like they did with Rampage (he was red vs the yellow Devasator leg).

Quote:
Why even bother and confuse with construction clones when the fallen had an army of protoforms?
Well the real Protoforms on the Nemesis were small and newborn - they were so weak they were dying off when hatched, as one was accidentally hatched and died when Megs slammed Starscream into a pod. The "entry mode"/Cybertronian "protoform" type bots that came crashing down - some took on earth mode scans, some didn't and just fought "as is" so we did see both of those possibilities.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:25 PM   #26
skinsquad
Beast Machine

Clones are great and all but why have the same names? If Devastator is built with clones, then why does Hasbro give the combiners the same name as the ones that didn't? Thats what makes it confusing.
skinsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #27
jacobot
drone 179

So... They are not clones then...Just individual Cons that scanned similar Alts.
jacobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:30 PM   #28
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsquad View Post
Clones are great and all but why have the same names? If Devastator is built with clones, then why does Hasbro give the combiners the same name as the ones that didn't? Thats what makes it confusing.
Unfortunately Hasbro and the movie makers not being on quite the same page is nothing new... *cough*Brawl*cough*"Tank Devastator"*cough*

Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:28 PM   #29
montague78

Decepticons <3 to have drones!!!

OH S**T!!
montague78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:31 PM   #30
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

I don't mind the whole Constucticon clone thing they had going but I did not like Devistator in the film as I feel he turned into a real bust in the end.
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote