Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-29-2009, 11:52 AM   #11
jacobot
drone 179
Re: Movie Constructicons (SPOILERS)

Funny how the Devistator team were just sitting around in the pit doing nothing until they were needed to transform into their parts that formed The pyramid wrecker

Why were Demolisher and Sideways even sitting around in China?

Last edited by jacobot; 06-29-2009 at 12:00 PM.
jacobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:56 AM   #12
crimbot
Some Guy

He's eating all of our SAND!
Old 06-29-2009, 12:30 PM   #13
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

There seems to be 2 mentalities to this

1. As Dak said, there are 2 types of constructicons, 1 type that turns into Devastator and the other type which don't form Devastator but have individual robot modes. This can be plausible if you look at the "Scavenger" piece, when forming Devastator the neck/turbine was throughout the middle of him. Those who have played with the Demolishor toy (same alt mode as Scavenger) can realize that the way he transforms there is no room for a turbine,

2. Second school of thought is that they all have robot modes and alt modes, it just depends on what they scan for their "earth mode". If this is the case however then there can be more then one Devastator, provided he has all the pieces necessary to form him.

Neither one can be confirmed or denied at this point but an interesting spin on the transformers world which ever one is true.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:35 PM   #14
malteselegacy
Long live Galvatron!
Re: Movie Constructicons

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak View Post
The one explanation I have, and thanks to Phil for it, is Devastator is an entity all on his own. It helps explain the reasoning for the toys. Devastator is made up of 6 construction vehicals... not bots. the rest have the same body and are clones, some with different colors. Hasbro saying "we didn't have the technology to make the individual bots combine" is BS in my opinion, but I think it was to be a cover up for story spoilers.
I agree with that explanation. That was the reasoning that I cane up with it as well. Why do they have to have clones anyways. There were enough Decepticons and Autobots in the movie as it was.
malteselegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:51 PM   #15
Stryfe2025

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobot View Post
Funny how the Devistator team were just sitting around in the pit doing nothing until they were needed to transform into their parts that formed The pyramid wrecker

Why were Demolisher and Sideways even sitting around in China?
Well from what I understand of some of the backstory Demolisher and Sideways were in Shanghai because they were in hiding. Hey weren't exactly high level bots so they weren't privy to the Fallen's plans to resurrect Megatron. Although when Demolisher says "The Fallen will rise" you'd think he knew, but just didn't go to where the other Constructicons were.
Stryfe2025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:01 PM   #16
dak
Master Creator

I look a the hiding decepticons as a Men in Black situation. They are aliens hiding in our world until the one in command gives the word to strike.
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:09 PM   #17
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Decepticon troop scan-sharing, aka "clones", have been part of the TF universe since G1... I'm not sure why some fans are getting mad that Bay used it in the movie for the Decepticon troops...

It's not that he used it, its that it wasn't explained at all.

I've read a ton of reviews mentioning how Blackout was in the film. Well he wasn't but it sure looked like he was. It's just confusing.

One scene explaining Grindor, Bonecrusher 2.0 and more would have gone a long way to fix the confusion.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #18
DECEPTICON_BRAWL
Autocepticon

i was wondering the same thing

I VOTE FOR A LEADER CLASS FALLEN!!!!!
DECEPTICON_BRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:34 PM   #19
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Yup, this sure is all confusing. Actually a really bizarre move from Hasbro, you would think they would differentiate the clones so they can sell more repaints Oh wait they are... but the repaints they are selling don't actually appear in the movie... now that's confusing

Now this brings up a whole bunch of questions:
1) What's stopping Prime from scanning himself to look like Megs?
2) If you can have several clones of ones self. How do we know that was the real Star Scream, Megs, Iron Hide, Prime, BB,etc?
3) Why do the Twins appear different (facial, body) and the clones appear identical?
4) If the fallen is capable of Transforming to an alien spaceship, then why does he have a spaceship to ride in?
5) How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #20
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post

Decepticon troop scan-sharing, aka "clones", have been part of the TF universe since G1... I'm not sure why some fans are getting mad that Bay used it in the movie for the Decepticon troops...
I think why people are mad is because it's really confusing. There's no explanation for it in the movie. All the theories floating around are great explanations, but they're not given to us in the movie.

The cynical part of me thinks that the reason they're so many of the clones floating around was MONEY. It was a way to recycle computer molds to make the decepticon army seem larger. Hmm... reusing molds to make different characters, where have I heard this before? Repaint and reissue.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote