Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-29-2009, 08:45 AM   #1
skinsquad
Beast Machine
Movie Constructicons (SPOILERS)

I watched the movie last night with the family and I may have missed something (my daughter kept asking a lot of questions during the flick).

Were there more than one Rampage in the movie? I could have swore that was him that Megatron told to get the Sam and was fighting Bumblebee in Egypt at the exact time Devastator was climbing up the pyramid.

If Rampage is part of Devastator, how could he be fighting Bumblebee?

If I missed something, fill me in as it is really bugging me.

Last edited by skinsquad; 06-29-2009 at 09:27 AM.
skinsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:53 AM   #2
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: Constructicons

I don't think you missed anything, the whole Constructicons/Devi thing is a huge mess as far as I can tell.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:54 AM   #3
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Lots of Constructicon clones, running around in all parts of the World apparently. Some different colours others the same colour, etc. If look closely you will even see a clone of Bonecrusher from movie 1 in a few scenes. Also, the ones used to form Devs did not appear to have individual robot forms, but were pretty much the same vehicles.

EDIT: Also you may recall one of the Constructicon clones get's axed underwater for spare parts for Megs, I think it was Scrapper. One thing I noticed the radar guy in sub initially detects 5 Cons going down, but then when Megs is revived he notices 6 Cons coming back up... but the one Constructicon was ripped apart for spare parts?
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca

Last edited by CobraCommander; 06-29-2009 at 08:58 AM.
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:04 AM   #4
crimbot
Some Guy

The way that I had interpreted it was that there were several clones for each robot, or something, or just a bunch of guys with the same alt mode. Because I did notice Bonecrusher, and I could swear there was another audi bot after the first one was destroyed. And Demolisher was killed in the first scence, but then back to form devastator?

Also this thread should probabaly say movie spoilers.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:07 AM   #5
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Yeah, lots of clones, not just of the constructicons.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:31 AM   #6
Bluewolf77
Generation 2

I was wondering that to so I hit the net and on one site(I can't remember which one) it said that each constructicons has a twin and the twins are used to make Devastator.
Bluewolf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #7
Mike
Robot Master
Mike's Ebay Auctions
Re: Movie Constructicons

that's what happens when you don't have enough alt modes for everybody
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:52 AM   #8
chans formers
raff ow roud

when i watched it,i was confused as longhaul formed devastators right leg,then not 2 minutes later,he's seen searching for sam through the huts??wtf??but yeah,there was both a red and a yellow rampage.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:22 AM   #9
dak
Master Creator

The one explanation I have, and thanks to Phil for it, is Devastator is an entity all on his own. It helps explain the reasoning for the toys. Devastator is made up of 6 construction vehicals... not bots. the rest have the same body and are clones, some with different colors. Hasbro saying "we didn't have the technology to make the individual bots combine" is BS in my opinion, but I think it was to be a cover up for story spoilers.
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:26 AM   #10
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models
Re: Movie Constructicons (SPOILERS)

The Decepticons share vehicle scans, so several "protoform" bots can land/crash and immediately adopt their earth mode (without running around scanning things).

Different bots, same disguises.

There were several groups of Constructicons. One Demolishor was destroyed by NEST at the beginning, but another Decepticon with the same scanned earth mode formed Devastator. The named Constructicons we have toys of; Rampage, Long Haul, MixMaster - were not the Constructicons who formed Devastator, though they shared the scans/alt modes taken from construction vehicles who-knows-when. In fact, Rampage was red in ROTF, while the other Constructicon who took on the bulldozer scan and formed a leg of Devastator was yellow.

The first Decepticon to take on the military chopper scan (Blackout) died in movie , but another Decepticon adopted the same scan in Movie 2 (Grindor).

I think that in Decepticon hierarchy there are some rules around using a scan; no one dares use Starscream's scan (until he forms the new Seekers in movie 3 maybe?). Megs doesn't even care to take on a scan at all. Neither did The Fallen.

Decepticon troop scan-sharing, aka "clones", have been part of the TF universe since G1... I'm not sure why some fans are getting mad that Bay used it in the movie for the Decepticon troops...
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!

Last edited by Goaliebot; 06-29-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote