Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-09-2014, 11:55 PM   #31
Undrave
Canadian Slag
Re: Thrilling 30 Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by garu View Post
Voyager predaking is still new, but i do agree with what u said. They should have focused on other series instead of just few or just repaint. Maybe they think its more profitable in rereleasing figures and repaint into g1 figures or keep focusing in g1 characters. Well thats the thrilling 30. Its similar to power rangers legacy line, it focuses on what is started power rangers which is the mighty morphing line and focused mainly in that line just like what tf is kind of doing with their thrilling 30.
Thrilling 30 was supposed to celebrate the whole franchise... Plus they barely advertised this who e 30 product thing...

I know Predaking is new but they could have retooled the dragon heads to be more Scourge-like... plus they need to reuse the molds multiple time if they want max profit. They really need to get more creaive with repaints. PRID Wheeljack could make a great Overide for exemple. Slap on some cyber key activated weapon and ut would be a cool hommage to the show!
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:09 AM   #32
garu
Generation 2

i agree, its not just tf, but other anniversary franchises seem to focus on what it started the franchise instead of what continued it. They do reuse the mold and mass repaint, look at the evasion prime, they overreused that mold. There are like at least 7 versions of aoe voyager prime. FOC grimlock beeing repainted many times. Not to mention using the same mold and make another character from that mold. Thats been seen a lot. Sometimes its tiresome to see the same figures being reuse and repaint too many times. But not much can b done. Probably the best solution is not buying those repeat repaints. I do agree expending into other series tho.
garu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 06:12 AM   #33
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by garu View Post
i agree, its not just tf, but other anniversary franchises seem to focus on what it started the franchise instead of what continued it. They do reuse the mold and mass repaint, look at the evasion prime, they overreused that mold. There are like at least 7 versions of aoe voyager prime. FOC grimlock beeing repainted many times. Not to mention using the same mold and make another character from that mold. Thats been seen a lot. Sometimes its tiresome to see the same figures being reuse and repaint too many times. But not much can b done. Probably the best solution is not buying those repeat repaints. I do agree expending into other series tho.
I don't mind reprints when they're a different characters and being clever. Multiple style of Evasion Mode Prime is not my idea of 'clever'. Even a Nemesis Prime version of that mold would be more clever than rusty Prime.

There's a lot of great moods that never got reprints/retools, lots of missed opportunity. I mean where is our American Prime Ironhide?! Prime Frenzy? Why hasn't the PRID Vehicon been reused for something yet?!
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote