Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-27-2010, 08:52 PM   #11
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian
Re: DOTM Toyline: First Impressions

I'm waiting for better pictures to surface. The scaled down Human Alliance stuff looks pretty interesting.

I'm not planning on collecting the movie stuff much. Only the odd figure here and there since I'm refocusing my collection and collecting habits in 2011.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:00 PM   #12
Joalro
Robot in Disguise

I like the Human Alliance figure. I too am hoping some of them are mistransformed. In all the pictures of Ironhide, his chest seems unsymmetric... which leads me to believe there is STILL no way to lock in his chest pieces. After they found a way to do that on the deluxe, i thought it would have gone without saying that they would have locking in pieces in their new voyager!

Prime is just... terrible... simply terrible. I'm actually happy about that, I have my ROTF leader prime and I didn't want to see him replaced.
Joalro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:09 PM   #13
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers Ian View Post
I'm waiting for better pictures to surface. The scaled down Human Alliance stuff looks pretty interesting.

I'm not planning on collecting the movie stuff much. Only the odd figure here and there since I'm refocusing my collection and collecting habits in 2011.
This. I've been burned by the movie lines too many times to buy any more of them.

*wallet dances around with glee*
Old 12-27-2010, 09:09 PM   #14
TheLogicalProwl
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade_decepticon View Post
I'll wait for them to show up on TFW's coverage at toy fair 2011 and see how they work and wait for peaugh to post reviews and hear his opinion on them.

but so far i'm a little disappointed.
Interesting that you rely on peaugh because I totally stopped taking his opinions seriously some time ago. He seems to like every single toy (save for ROTF Voyager Arcee) that he comes across.

TO stay on topic, so far these figures are very meh. I will be looking to get the figures to punch up my ROTF collection, but I will not go overboard whatsoever.
TheLogicalProwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:10 PM   #15
Pascal
Banned

Ok, saw all the pics. Looks like a really fun line!

Last edited by Pascal; 12-27-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:16 PM   #16
jackalprime
Y U NO MAKE NEW BEASTWARS
jackalprime's Ebay Auctions

it looks like they will be having some kind of minicons

"for everything there ever was"

jackalprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:52 PM   #17
Joalro
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLogicalProwl View Post
Interesting that you rely on peaugh because I totally stopped taking his opinions seriously some time ago. He seems to like every single toy (save for ROTF Voyager Arcee) that he comes across.

TO stay on topic, so far these figures are very meh. I will be looking to get the figures to punch up my ROTF collection, but I will not go overboard whatsoever.
I agree that he does tend to like most figures, but he also gives you enough information about the figure to make a decision for yourself.
Joalro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:19 AM   #18
Perceptor
Alternator

yeah, I am disappointed with the new line pics so far... Prime seems a major set back from ROTF leader and the newer battle blade voyager version. I am not sure what to think of a Megatron that turns into a dirty truck... what happened to the idea that Megatron IS A WEAPON? Having said that, the Human Alliance Dune Buggy seems interesting. I'd like to see what they do with Shockwave, and those sup'd up Nascar types...
Old 12-28-2010, 12:54 AM   #19
Larkhainan
Robot in Disguise

They look underpainted, unpainted, mistransformed, misshapen and confusing. I'm baffled with the MechTech gimmick - on paper, it sounds like recon/fury ironhide's clip system but upgraded. In practice, the new Ironhide appears to have a lumpy piece of grey plastic feces strapped to his arm.

Nothing really pops out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joalro View Post
I agree that he does tend to like most figures, but he also gives you enough information about the figure to make a decision for yourself.
Yeah, his conclusions are worthless but his reviews are detailed, well lit and cover all the bases. In that regard they give you lots of information to work from, even if he is a little dull at times.
Larkhainan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:34 AM   #20
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Way too early for me to pass judgment. I will wait until I gat more official pics. I have been collecting Transformers for over 10 years, Hasbro has yet to put out something in any given year that I can't get behind...
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote