Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-25-2017, 07:50 AM   #21
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt
Re: Swapped return at Walmart

I wouldn't expect the average Walmart customer service employee to be as knowledgeable about this one nichey corner of the toy industry as I am, let alone every toyline from every manufacturer. There's a certain amount of good faith on the part of the customer they're counting on when they process a return, and an ethically challenged customer can take advantage of that. I agree with those who bring it to the attention of staff when they notice a swapped figure that ends up back on the shelf -- it's just the courteous thing to do.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:46 AM   #22
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

I saw a Titans Return Blaster in a Titans Return Six Shot box at Pickering Walmart last week.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 11:02 AM   #23
elburrito
Animated

i once exchanged an electronic device at Walmart, was processed through 3 different areas and eventually given 2 of the item and my money back. i actually tried to explain to the final counter lady who became irritated and directed me to the back of the line. waited about 5 minutes there and then just went home. the item was a PS Vita.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 12:01 PM   #24
Chigimus
Masterpiece

I'm also going to reiterate that Walmart employees aren't paid enough to give a damn about that kind of accuracy, nor are they trained enough to realize what's wrong with such a picture. CSR's are there to ring in purchases and keep returns straightforward: as long as the box isn't empty and the item still functions, they'll take it back. Toy swapping is about as common as parents who return clothes that their toddlers outgrew. Yay for 90-day return period, lol.

Honestly the hardest part of their day is the person (likely some of us) trying to convince them to do price protections against a TRU sale based on a percentage off or a pictured item they don't have but represents an entire size class. They have enough day-to-day grief with these challenges and couldn't give a shit about a swapped return.

And while I'm not saying I endorse the behavior, the return is already done and the swapped product is back on the shelf. Some unsuspecting buyer will likely buy it for an unsuspecting kid that doesn't know any better either, so that's not so bad of an eventual result.

At the end of the day, you personally didn't get screwed, it wasn't your company that got bamboozled, nor are you the guilty party, so why get worked up over something that doesn't concern you? It's out of your hands to reverse the wrong that was done, so just embrace your inner Decepticon and realize the humor in how they got away with fleecing the big box store, lol. Extra points for creativity.

Last edited by Chigimus; 03-25-2017 at 01:39 PM.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:24 AM   #25
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

I see this at Walmarts all the time, swapped or removed parts. I've seen it happen once at a Winners where a Marvel legends had the insert cut out along with whatever BAF part missing.

I think the biggest grip would be they will forever have an item in stock and on the shelf and no one will buy it, which leads to restocking levels taking longer to restock.
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:33 AM   #26
mAk
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapmaker View Post

That's pretty unfair. When you pay people minimum wage, you should expect them to only put in minimal effort; you get what you pay for.
THIS!!!
mAk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:03 PM   #27
Pascal
Banned

And you know it could very well be someone from this board...
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:17 PM   #28
elburrito
Animated

maybe we should have a 'returns' competition? See who can get the strangest swap back on the shelves. So far, i think it's the tomatoes

Sale & Trade

Old 03-28-2017, 01:46 PM   #29
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

On www.actionfigurenews.ca we have had a topic on this running for years specific to Canada.

Also, in my personal opinion, retail employees hate us We should never expect our communities trend to OCD, to Price Match, to buy things the day before a sale and returning them the next day to price match, to try and get a lower price because an employee stuck something on a wrong peg, so on, so forth to be viewed kindly.

I think this ties into pointing out that a wrong toy is in a package. While we are trying to help they are likely thinking "here is another one........what is this one up to.......why are these people so high maintenance". Not that they shouldn't fix the problem, just that people in general have limited patience.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 02:06 PM   #30
elburrito
Animated

I don't know why, but this makes me proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
While we are trying to help they are likely thinking "here is another one........what is this one up to.......why are these people so high maintenance".

Sale & Trade

Last edited by elburrito; 03-28-2017 at 02:34 PM.