Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-30-2012, 11:34 AM   #1
astrana
Nexus Maximus
who else is a little disappointed about Steelcore

Don't get me wrong, the figure is awesome; very good articulation and it looks fantastic.

But, it lacks die-cast parts and transformation is almost too simple compare to the previous warbot release. The first warbot is almost impossible to transform without the instructions, the steel core can be easily figured out by looking at the vehicle form pictures.comparing these two just like the transformation comparison between FOC Prime and WFC Prime.

It feels like a cheaper toy than warbot 1.

I am just hoping the "special add-on" justify the simplicity of this figure
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions
Re: who else is a little disappointed about Steelcore

Never understood why people liked impossible transformations... what's the point of having a Rubik's cube transformer? I personally like the fact that you can figure it out without instructions, that's how they all should be... (WFC Prime was transformed once and then put back on the goddamn shelf).
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
FEZaid
Arabian Knight

It is just some people appreciate the engineering on their Tranformers, it adds this kick of playability onto the toy since that is the gimmick, or even a challenge of trying to transform without the instructions.

Steelcore isn't anything spacial but does a good job being a good toy.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

I don't like overly simple transformations like G1 Blaster and Soundwave... somewhere between that and Warbot Defender is good.... oh yeah like Steel Core...
By the way has anyone tried Transforming HA Soundwave without instructions? I opened up the instructions and have never seem such a big sheet.... Amazing they were able to Transform such a huge piece of paper into such a tiny looking booklet.
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #5
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions

I'm one of those that LOVES complicated transformation... when my figure challenges those chinese puzzles toy... thats when I friggin' love it the most. I have hundreds of TF figures in my collection, and I know how to transform them by heart without instructions... Most of the time I dont even buy the ones that are too simple to transform... For Example, I didnt buy any of the FoC serie... they're transformation is too damn childish... and RotF Mixmaster is in my top 10 favorite just for the awesome transformation he has... he's there with Mastermind Cyclops & Masterpiece Megatron...

I am a bit disapointed about steel core... amazing looking bot, vehicle is fugly, i dont like the simple transformation... but he's a FP figure and I know they will always come up with super awesome figures and I will buy them all.

I dont care about die cast much as long as the plastic is solid... and Steelcore has an EXCELLENT above average plastic with beautiful polish finish... love it

I'm disapointed in steelcore for his simplicity... but I know that in a near future, FP will release the trailer armor and this is where SteelCore will shine... for now he'll sit on my shelves... until FP releases the trailer that will make a kickass armor for it.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #6
wedge1021
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave View Post
I didnt buy any of the FoC serie... they're transformation is too damn childish...
Unfortunately for those of us that enjoy the complex transformations, I think that Hasbro is going towards a new trend of simpler (and cheaper) transformations starting with FoC. At the recent Star Wars Celebration, Hasbro mentioned that they have gotten many complaints from parents about their Star Wars action figures being TOO articulated for their kids to play with. So they said their aim is to scale back to 5 points of articulation and more kid/action-oriented accessories and vehicles (except for a single collector-focused line). They also want to reduce costs to keep things affordable for parents/kids. So I have a feeling that they are going to apply a similar model to their other toy lines, including Transformers. Smaller, cheaper design; simpler transformation; to them it is a toy meant for kids, collectors are a small part of their market.

A little off topic, but I guess it means more money for 3rd party companies, from those collectors who want more well-designed, transformation-intensive robots and are OK with supporting those companies.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #7
Pascal
Banned

A bit disappointed too because:

1. It took forever to ship.
2. Transformation is a bit too simplistic.

A combinable trailer will probably change my mind...
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #8
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

No complaints here. I love mine.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #9
astrana
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post

A combinable trailer will probably change my mind...
that.. hope it makes up for the simple transformation.
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #10
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave View Post

I'm disapointed in steelcore for his simplicity... but I know that in a near future, FP will release the trailer armor and this is where SteelCore will shine... for now he'll sit on my shelves... until FP releases the trailer that will make a kickass armor for it.
Sorry to let you down but there was a post yesterday buy Venkstra saying that the trailer for steelcore was his concept and not byh Fansproject I will post the link when I find it.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...ml#post8091793
It is here and I got it from the Steelcore Pre-Order Forum
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote