Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-12-2009, 04:13 PM   #1
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models
Priority Mail International - is online tracking included?

Hope this is the right forum - it isn't promoting or sharing an auction so I figure it doesn't really belong in the ebay sub-forum...?

Anyhoo, I bought a small TF lot on eBay before X-mas (about 8 basic sized TFs) from a US seller, and paid $19.50 for "USPS Priority Mail International" shipping. Well, here we are at over 3 weeks later and nothing has shown up. Seller says it was sent Dec 20th. Now, I know USPS and Canada Post (especially the latter) can be a little slow at times, especially over the holidays. This isn't really the problem.

The problem is that, wanting to track my package online, I asked the seller for the tracking number because USPS's website *seems* to indicate that (other than the flat-rate envelope), tracking is included in the price. The seller responded that online tracking is extra with Priority Mail International so there isn't a tracking number.

I'm suspicious that online tracking is indeed included in the price of a "Priority Mail Interational" parcel... Can anyone confirm or deny for me for sure whether Priority Mail International from USPS has online tracking included in the price? I'm sure lots of us have had items shipped to us here in Canuck-land from our Amerifriends via this method before...

Again, I can't tell for absolute sure from the pages I found at usps.com - can anyone else?

Thanks all!
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!

Last edited by Goaliebot; 01-12-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #2
Pascal
Banned
Re: Priority Mail International - is online tracking included?

Priority should come with a tracking number. The thing is, several US sellers don't know how the tracking number should look like (AA 000 000 000 AA), they might just think it's a random code. That tracking number might not give you much information on your parcel though. Sometimes the only readings you will get are when it's put in the mail and when it's out for delivery.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:44 PM   #3
astrana
Nexus Maximus

also, custom might hold it longer than 3 weeks, since the seller sent before christmas and new year, u might have a longer delay
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:51 PM   #4
Silverbolt
Generation 1
Wink Re: Priority Mail International - is online tracking included?

I searched over the web and i couldn't find an answer. You could ask a friend to ask the seller you bought from about another item "If tracking costs extra" and then you will know if he is lieing to you!
Old 01-12-2009, 05:06 PM   #5
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag

Priority has a tracking number. The seller needs to check the receipt if they still have it kicking around. Plus there would have been a barcode on the customs form or the Priority shipping label. The seller is either dumb or hes BSing you.

As for your parcel getting here you should have received it already. At least in my opinion, I work at a PO retail outlet. I have processed parcels shipped later than the 20th from US and International that have been delivered or attempted to be delivered.
Tech Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:25 PM   #6
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

I don't tend to buy from the US because I've had 2/3 sales go bad for me. Fortunately in one of those cases the seller refunded me the whole amount.

Now, if I have to buy from a US ebay seller, I request insurance.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:37 PM   #7
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Tracking number is included in that service and you can track it via USPS or CanadaPost website (although the latter works only after it arrived in Canada). You should have received it by now unless Custom put it on hold.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately

Last edited by QuadESL63; 01-12-2009 at 05:45 PM.
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:46 PM   #8
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Spec View Post
Priority has a tracking number. The seller needs to check the receipt if they still have it kicking around. Plus there would have been a barcode on the customs form or the Priority shipping label. The seller is either dumb or hes BSing you.

As for your parcel getting here you should have received it already. At least in my opinion, I work at a PO retail outlet. I have processed parcels shipped later than the 20th from US and International that have been delivered or attempted to be delivered.
I'd have to agree 100%. Priority comes with tracking, and you should have the product by now. Customs can be a bitch and hold items for a while, but not that long. I ordered something from Georgia on Dec 31. It was shipped priority, and I got it Jan 8th. It was in customs for one day. The most I've ever had Customs hold a package was a week.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:03 PM   #9
Mega_Zarak
Generation 2

The tracking number is included. If I'm not wrong the seller must also have a copy of the customs declaration dispatch. The tracking number is clearly shown on that form. Priority mail=xpresspost, yes Canada post will even put a xpresspost label on your box, therefore it's a pretty fast service. If your items were shipped by first class mail, then this long delay would be normal.
You should have received your parcel a long time ago regardless of the holidays and customs delays.

Last edited by Mega_Zarak; 01-12-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Mega_Zarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:22 PM   #10
Pascal
Banned

That might be what really happened: seller said he would ship priority but only shipped first class to make a few extra bucks. And that would explain the missing tracking number and the delay.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote