Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 02-15-2019, 01:45 AM   #1
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy
Should I go to the gym?

I have a bit of a dilemma, last time I went to the gym was last Friday morning. I did started with a 10 minutes warm up on the bike, then I proceeded with my training, my program that day was Legs (Legs Press, Leg Curl, and Calves extensions - 40 minutes. 3 set of 10 with a minute break). The problem started once I got on the treadmill for my after workout run (I usually do 15 minutes), but I only ended up doing 5 minutes, as I started feeling a bit of pain on my back. I hit the showers and went to get dressed, as I went to get my jeans, my lower back locked, for 10 minutes I couldn't move, so I stayed seated on the bench. Eventually I got up and had to go to work. I worked with my pain my entire shift (12 hours). On Friday night, I couldn't move nor get up, so I crawled from room to room as I was crying from my pain (I usually don't cry from pain, but I never felt pain like that before). Fast forward to today, my back is still sensitive, but I can move around and sit, but if I sit for a long time, my back will hurt as I am getting up. Now, should I go the gym tomorrow or wait a few more days maybe another week? I am going to see a Physiotherapist on Monday morning.

Opinions/thoughts.

Thanks
Old 02-15-2019, 09:26 AM   #2
JonoPrime
Robot Master
Re: Should I go to the gym?

Ouch man! Back injuries are the worst.

Best advice I ever got when I did something similar a few years back was wait it out until you can see a professional.

Given the severity of the pain and the hindered mobility your bod’s letting you know something aint right.

As much as it can suck having a routine thrown off the best thing would be some much needed downtime. You may end up making things worse if you try and push it too soon.

Just my opinion though ... No a doc or anything, just a dude who’s slipped one too many discs in the past from similar experiences.

Here’s hoping for a speedy recovery for you, man! All the best
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 12:26 PM   #3
Metroplex79
Little Guy with Firepower

I had a situation in my early 30s where my back just "stopped working". I wasn't in the gym or anything, I just woke up in pain. I was stuck in bed, and it was even difficult finding a position that didn't cause more pain.

I've been used to pain from sprained fingers, ankles, shoulder strains, etc from playing sports, but I've always been able to "Wolverine" it through. But that time, I was literally stuck and in pain with tears with every slight movement or breath.

By the time I got to late afternoon I was able to move just enough to get off my bed, and slowly walked like a hunch back into the shower. The hot shower barely helped, which made me mad, as usually a hot shower relaxes the muscles. I was able to straighten up a tiny bit, but I was still hunched over.

The next day went to the doctor, but most of the pain was gone, no visible injury or damage that we could see, and the doctor figured it was probably a pinched nerve.

Nothing remotely close ever since. I was freaked out, as it came out of nowhere.

Hopefully you don't have anything severe.

Good luck.

A team that's only a shell of its former self
Savage Blitzkrieg Squad [MIC]

Metroplex79 is a good and safe city to do business in!!! Take the tour.
These people stopped by:
Cybertron.ca feedback thread

New and old buyers welcome here:
Cybertron.ca sales thread
[CONTINUING POST-TFCON UPDATE]
(last update: Feb 12/14 @ 9:15am EST, slight edit)
Metroplex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 10:11 AM   #4
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeRutherford View Post
Could you tell me some more information about it? Let’s talk in PM
Let's not, no soliciting allowed on these boards.

Wow, 4 spammers to one thread, it's like bees to honey.

Last edited by Dark Rage; 08-02-2020 at 10:14 AM.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote