Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-09-2022, 08:58 PM   #21
dak
Master Creator
Re: Haslab Victory Saber qc issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 View Post
I got the QC issue of too much plastic in where the sword goes into Saber's jet mode. So I decided to contact Hasbro Pulse about it.
Just checking?. I noticed it was really tight for mine too? but then pulled the handle and it extends moving down that blue part where the sword goes?. Did you pull the handle?
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 09:10 PM   #22
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

other qc issues:

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...y-saber/47410/
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 10:07 PM   #23
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

This thread is giving me anxiety for mine...
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 12:47 AM   #24
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

OK so I opened mine:

- Star Saber grey painted mouthplate has similar curved scratches to what everyone shown
- thought Star Saber yellow painted crotch & painted knees had dings, but turned out they were just schmutzes that rubbed off easily enough
- Victory Leo chest gold chrome parts, the right side one has some extra gold chrome “flash” on the surrounding black plastic (this can probably be scratched off)
- when removing Brain of Courage from Saber’s chest compartment, noticed a teeny tiny bit of blue clear plastic came off - wife speculated it may have been a minuscule tab on the top of Saber’s visor piece, possibly to tab it into the underside of Saber’s helmet? If so, it’s about as relevant as Kingdom Cheetor’s neck tab thing (in that BoC prob connects in fine without it), but figured it was worth pointing out
- the painted blade of (Star Saber’s “star saber”?) has a tiny paint bubble on one side, which sucks, but I guess whatever?

Haven’t transformed them yet, though I think I stressed out Brain of Courage’s red circular neck bit there where the pin for Saber’s face flips, so be careful flipping him around too

Might contact Pulse & see if they could replace Star Saber’s headpiece, maybe the blade too? We’ll see

EDIT: OH SHIIIIII I just found a double use of same part! Star Saber’s hands, the articulated “four fingers” piece? It’s the same piece on both sides, instead of two symmetrical pieces - it actually is interfering with that whole “closing fist 5mm peg out” gimmick that Siege Jetfire started, on one side

Last edited by evenstaves; 12-11-2022 at 11:54 AM.
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 04:33 AM   #25
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDragon10K View Post
This thread is giving me anxiety for mine...
Me too.
Ill post on Monday.
Yikes.
alternatorfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 12:59 PM   #26
DanicusTF(cdn)
Armada

Mine arrived this morning, but I’m now too nervous to open him just yet. He’s Schrodinger's Victory Saber until I sit down tonight and go through everything
DanicusTF(cdn) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 01:40 PM   #27
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

FedEx dropped off VS this morning. Nothing major cosmetically from first looks. Need to wait for it to warm up now. LOL
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 04:16 PM   #28
DanicusTF(cdn)
Armada

I took the plunge and opened Victory Saber. The paintjob is great, nothing missing, with some minor bleed from the red paint on the shoulder cannons. All parts are there, and nothing broken or missing. I don’t think I’ll be making a habit of putting that black cover piece over Victory Leo’s face, however. That the joint on that piece is tight/scary.

However, I got the issue where the sword hilt/cockpit won’t tab in to Saber when transforming to vehicle mode. Too much red plastic in one of the slots. I’m debating on whether I should contact customer service, or unscrew his back and see if I can shave it off with a scalpel.

Last edited by DanicusTF(cdn); 12-10-2022 at 04:20 PM.
DanicusTF(cdn) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 04:44 PM   #29
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicusTF(cdn) View Post
I took the plunge and opened Victory Saber. The paintjob is great, nothing missing, with some minor bleed from the red paint on the shoulder cannons. All parts are there, and nothing broken or missing. I don?t think I?ll be making a habit of putting that black cover piece over Victory Leo?s face, however. That the joint on that piece is tight/scary.

However, I got the issue where the sword hilt/cockpit won?t tab in to Saber when transforming to vehicle mode. Too much red plastic in one of the slots. I?m debating on whether I should contact customer service, or unscrew his back and see if I can shave it off with a scalpel.
Wow that should not be what is being sent out for a crowd funded toy.
alternatorfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 11:54 AM   #30
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
OK so I opened mine:

- Star Saber grey painted mouthplate has similar curved scratches to what everyone shown
- thought Star Saber yellow painted crotch & painted knees had dings, but turned out they were just schmutzes that rubbed off easily enough
- Victory Leo chest gold chrome parts, the right side one has some extra gold chrome ?flash? on the surrounding black plastic (this can probably be scratched off)
- when removing Brain of Courage from Saber?s chest compartment, noticed a teeny tiny bit of blue clear plastic came off - wife speculated it may have been a minuscule tab on the top of Saber?s visor piece, possibly to tab it into the underside of Saber?s helmet? If so, it?s about as relevant as Kingdom Cheetor?s neck tab thing (in that BoC prob connects in fine without it), but figured it was worth pointing out
- the painted blade of (Star Saber?s ?star saber??) has a tiny paint bubble on one side, which sucks, but I guess whatever?

Haven?t transformed them yet, though I think I stressed out Brain of Courage?s red circular neck bit there where the pin for Saber?s face flips, so be careful flipping him around too

Might contact Pulse & see if they could replace Star Saber?s headpiece, maybe the blade too? We?ll see

EDIT: OH SHIIIIII I just found a double use of same part! Star Saber?s hands, the articulated ?four fingers? piece? It?s the same piece on both sides, instead of two symmetrical pieces - it actually is interfering with that whole ?closing fist 5mm peg out? gimmick that Siege Jetfire started, on one side
Alright just fired off an email to Pulse about the above issues

Some of the paint QA issues are negligible, but that (two same piece for the articulated hands, that prevents one of the hands from closing/operating the 5mm port gimmick) issue, on a piece that's pinned to the figure, I'm thinking will be best odds to get a replacement figure

Because honestly the other issues are all related to vestigial pieces:
- Star Saber's mouthplate -> SS' helmet is a fully removeable/replaceable part
- Star Saber's blade -> an accessory
- Brain of Courage -> tiny lil guy, replaceable (but critical to Saber's face)
- Leo's gold chest paint flash, again, I can probably just scratch off

Haven't actually transformed any of them, other than the micromasters
I removed Saber from StarSaber's chest compartment, because he's honestly the reason for my season, and he looks great with the whole saber weapon

So it's possible I may find more issues during conversion, but we'll see
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote