Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 11-01-2022, 02:20 AM   #81
athanato
Generation 2
Re: Toys R Us Canada Announces all Collector Items Products as FINAL SALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Prime View Post
My take here is that TRU is trying to mitigate the trolls returning improper figures. It would not shock me if Walmart follows suit. They may have to modify the policy for honest people.

It is kinda funny how Hasbro knew they already had a problem with figure swapping YEARS ago - and they went ahead and made it worse for themselves.

Having said all that I don't blame TRU or Hasbro for this. YES the inflation of prices on both sides is out of control - and YES I would concede that high costs may be driving the increase of figure swapping - BUT - those individuals who figure swap are still Shop Lifters - Hard Stop. You have no valid reason to do it and you are a horrible person for doing so.

I like to think most people in the collecting community are awesome - it is a shame we have people out there who need to ruin it for everyone.

There is never an excuse for figure swapping or scalping. At least scalping is not illegal, figure swapping is not only fraud it is theft.

Netflix Bumblebee
Earthrise Conehead 2-Pack
athanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 02:30 AM   #82
athanato
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
I think the major issue is they're passing the buck onto the responsibility to the customer.

I remember people complaining about their Black Zarak's with incorrect antennas on the head.

GameStop was super helpful with helping buyers with this issue to find a replacement.

TRU is going to tell a customer you contact Hasbro Canada on the issue and mail a hulking huge TF to exchange?

Returns comes with the cost of doing business, deal with it.

I would rather shop somewhere else with a return policy, not that their higher than MSRP prices haven't already shot themselves in the foot already.

Also, stop giving your money to blind boxes as you are feeding fuel to the fire of the toy swap problem - if Hasbro sees they are no longer moving they will stop releasing them.

...also stop buying blind boxes, you are just feeding fuel to the fire of the toy swapping problem. If Hasbro sees blind boxes are not moving they will stop releasing them.

The employee reviews at the Putman distribution company sure shows what a shitty work environment and culture it is in his companies: https://ca.indeed.com/cmp/Everest-Toys/reviews

Kind of shows your what direction they're taking it to.

TRU recent markups help them cover losses with returns, they are just being lazy with enforcing a balanced return policy...instead of properly training their staff to detect fraud they are just choosing to make the legitimate customer the victim of fraudsters. Just stop giving TRU money and they will learn the lesson the hard way and if that means they fold then so be it because at that point they are no different than the fraudsters they gave up trying to deal with. Protest with your wallet, money is what forces a business to change.

If you know someone toy swapping then call them out for it because that is theft and fraud and they are hurting everyone by doing it.

Netflix Bumblebee

Last edited by athanato; 11-01-2022 at 02:35 AM.
Old 11-01-2022, 02:38 AM   #83
athanato
Generation 2

My recommendation to help combat toy swapping is to stop giving your money to blind boxes as you are feeding fuel to the fire of the toy swap problem - if Hasbro sees they are no longer moving they will stop releasing them.

Netflix Bumblebee
Old 11-03-2022, 11:35 PM   #84
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanato View Post
While not a direct comparison example look at PS5 sales, now that they are finally sold in stores you can actually find them in the wild because the scalper bots can't get to them.
You lost me there, I have no clue why we are talking about scalper bots when discussing people buying and returning items found in stores. And can't the PS5 still be scalped in stores?

Quote:
I've only seen swapping at walmart as well, I even reported it to staff and they failed to understand basic English as they looked at me as if I was talking Klingon to them and they just put it back on the shelf.
Then just open the box and leave it there where you found it, discouraging any parent from falling prey to it. If ever you get caught, or they ask you about it, you can say it's because it was not removed from the selling area.

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 11-04-2022 at 11:54 AM.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 12:49 AM   #85
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
My recommendation to help combat toy swapping is to stop giving your money to blind boxes as you are feeding fuel to the fire of the toy swap problem - if Hasbro sees they are no longer moving they will stop releasing them.
Lol they're not gonna go back to plastic windows and I don't want leaders to have their heads exposed to be pulled off

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 01:59 PM   #86
athanato
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
You lost me there, I have no clue why we are talking about scalper bots when discussing people buying and returning items found in stores. And can't the PS5 still be scalped in stores?

Then just open the box and leave it there where you found it, discouraging any parent from falling prey to it. If ever you get caught, or they ask you about it, you can say it's because it was not removed from the selling area.

LOL not my responsibility nor am I taking the blame for someones toy swap.

Netflix Bumblebee
Old 09-18-2023, 06:39 PM   #87
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Can anyone confirm if this final sale policy for Transformers was implemented or not? Been ages since I shopped at TRU. Just don't see any reason to go there except for Buzzworthy Bumblebee stuff or if thry have something I want that is unavaliable elsewhere.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 07:20 PM   #88
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereDragon EX View Post
Can anyone confirm if this final sale policy for Transformers was implemented or not? Been ages since I shopped at TRU. Just don't see any reason to go there except for Buzzworthy Bumblebee stuff or if thry have something I want that is unavaliable elsewhere.
Transformers were never considered collector toys, so the policy never affected them.
Old 09-18-2023, 07:44 PM   #89
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Transformers were never considered collector toys, so the policy never affected them.
Interesting. A buddy in BC attempted to buy some figures he was on the fence about, and asked about the return policy, in case he needed to return anything. He was told that Transformers were collectors items and thus final sale. Though it could be at the discretion of the customer sales rep to accept a return or not, depending on how closely they adhered to company policy and the condition of the item.

Of course, this caused him to back out of the purchase and reconsider his options, because that's a lot of money to potentially lose if you cannot do a return. I found this curious, and thus wanted to check if it was a Canada-wide thing, or something on a store by store basis, which would be weird as well.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 03:34 PM   #90
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereDragon EX View Post
Interesting. A buddy in BC attempted to buy some figures he was on the fence about, and asked about the return policy, in case he needed to return anything. He was told that Transformers were collectors items and thus final sale. Though it could be at the discretion of the customer sales rep to accept a return or not, depending on how closely they adhered to company policy and the condition of the item.

Of course, this caused him to back out of the purchase and reconsider his options, because that's a lot of money to potentially lose if you cannot do a return. I found this curious, and thus wanted to check if it was a Canada-wide thing, or something on a store by store basis, which would be weird as well.
definitely not canada wide