Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-17-2023, 09:35 AM   #221
Kinetic Bucket
Heretic Monkey
Re: I just transformed...

Just transformed the Legacy Stundicons from robot to car to Menasor. He's a properly huge combiner who looks fantastic! I really cannot wait to see if they do any more combiner in this style down the road
Kinetic Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 01:39 PM   #222
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Legacy Skullgrin to alt. mode and back.

Jabbed my thumb with the leg finagling, and needed a bit to remember to tab in the underside of the quasi-hover tank but he's an update of what I remember most (lost the inner bot on my G1 version), so that's cool. Head ball joint snaps oddly at certain points though.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 10:43 AM   #223
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Picked up that new Studio Series HotRod deluxe from WM the other day

Not sure if I would recommend doing blind transform on this guy, there's a lot of tight squeezing involving the car roof panels & "window wings"; specifically the worst appears to be the bit where you got to swivel his waist 180 degrees, seems like it really has to shove against the clear plastic roof panels to complete the swivel, feels like its bending the plastic more than I would like

I'm probably doing it wrong, hence why I might recommend people follow the exact instructed transformation sequence of steps, just in case there's an easier way to do it that doesn't feel like you're gonna snap his parts

With all that said, he looks nice enough! And the car IS pretty sexy, too bad about that weapon storage tho
evenstaves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 12:45 PM   #224
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Transformed my ($21.42 from WM Boxing Week sale) wave 3 Legacy deluxes, at least the two that shipped, yesterday

Pointblank is fine, I heard people don't like him? Sucks that he doesn't have wrist swivel, and sure his shins are hollow af, but he looks really "noble" if i could say that? He's nice & tall for a deluxe too, and I think his arms were always gonna be a challenge, to recreate his "hanging down from the big shoulder pauldrons" look
I'm sure that Spoilsport will be done in the same fashion as this Peacemaker, and now having him in hand, I mean I guess it's not the worst fate he could have? idk, I guess Peacemaker's not terrible - the Siege battlemasters were just kind of "mangled bodies folded into guns", and I suppose going back to a more blocky G1-style, gets them looking slightly more like "bulky guns", idk - not my favourite path but it's tough to imagine a better option honestly

Skullgrin, got to say right off the bat I'm incredibly surprised that the tanks treads AREN'T partsforming - only his swords & tank barrel guns (and the mount that supports them) are removable, so this guy impressed me a little more than I expected
Wish his entire head/horns weren't rubber though
Also ofc, as anticipated I hate the rubber gunblades - 1st opportunity to sub em out with a sturdier 3rd party offering, I'll be jumping - for now, just leavin em mounted on his back while he dual wields his tank barrels, ha ha
They shoulda done Blood like this
Old 01-22-2023, 03:28 PM   #225
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Every single member of the Cang Toys Predacons. Three times each! My hands and fingers hurt, jus sayin!
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 04:21 PM   #226
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Transformed my ($21.42 from WM Boxing Week sale) wave 3 Legacy deluxes, at least the two that shipped, yesterday

Pointblank is fine, I heard people don't like him? Sucks that he doesn't have wrist swivel, and sure his shins are hollow af, but he looks really "noble" if i could say that? He's nice & tall for a deluxe too, and I think his arms were always gonna be a challenge, to recreate his "hanging down from the big shoulder pauldrons" look
I'm sure that Spoilsport will be done in the same fashion as this Peacemaker, and now having him in hand, I mean I guess it's not the worst fate he could have? idk, I guess Peacemaker's not terrible - the Siege battlemasters were just kind of "mangled bodies folded into guns", and I suppose going back to a more blocky G1-style, gets them looking slightly more like "bulky guns", idk - not my favourite path but it's tough to imagine a better option honestly

Skullgrin, got to say right off the bat I'm incredibly surprised that the tanks treads AREN'T partsforming - only his swords & tank barrel guns (and the mount that supports them) are removable, so this guy impressed me a little more than I expected
Wish his entire head/horns weren't rubber though
Also ofc, as anticipated I hate the rubber gunblades - 1st opportunity to sub em out with a sturdier 3rd party offering, I'll be jumping - for now, just leavin em mounted on his back while he dual wields his tank barrels, ha ha
They shoulda done Blood like this
I would not have bought Pointblank without the sale. He's definitely flawed. The Nonnef elbow replacement kind of makes the argument for... why did they even need to make that elbow/front end so obtrusive? If he had full range on the elbow, OR, the wrists could swivel so you could just flip the big plastic lump to the other side, it would solve one of the biggest issues. I'm def getting the Nonnef set. The actual arm/hood transformation is quite clever and he's a solid chunky dude.

I'm of two minds on Peacemaker (and ZigZag and Sunbeam and any future use). It's kind of hilarious that they literally are the same as G1 targetmasters. However, I dislike the Siege targetmasters. I really dislike them. They're fucking HUGE, they don't look good in gun mode, they look stupid in the hands of deluxes cos of the size. Spinister with his two "official" siege targetmasters looks bad. Pointblank is the right *size*. However, I wish he had articulated arms at the shoulder. I don't care about having leg articulation. But arms would go a long way.

I think T30 Scoop's were better than both, albeit they tended to fall apart easily. But their size was better. Obviously we don't get the LG targetmaster molds. RTS Cyclonus' targetmaster was the best IMO of any chug TM.

Last night I realized: he should have the little foot holes that Ttan Masters do so he can use the little pegs on lots of guys in the last gen! Ah well.

I agree on Skullgrin; his transformation is actually quite involved and fun. The legs are clever. The huge gaps on the side obviously aren't great. Swords don't REALLY cover them that well haha. biggest issue is probably... either put some little treads on front or don't have treads at all. lol.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 10:47 AM   #227
Marcotron
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Every single member of the Cang Toys Predacons. Three times each! My hands and fingers hurt, jus sayin!
He does look very sharp and pointy.
I've got the Jinbao version of MMC's Feral Rex. I actually fiddled with it this weekend, pulled apart the sword and swapped Divebomb for the Cat guy as the arm. Then my son pewed him with some other bots.

I transformed Studio Series Bonecrusher last night. It's so much better than the original version. The way it unfolds is better, and everything tabs together so nicely.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 10:52 AM   #228
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
He does look very sharp and pointy.
I've got the Jinbao version of MMC's Feral Rex. I actually fiddled with it this weekend, pulled apart the sword and swapped Divebomb for the Cat guy as the arm. Then my son pewed him with some other bots.

I transformed Studio Series Bonecrusher last night. It's so much better than the original version. The way it unfolds is better, and everything tabs together so nicely.
I've had the JB before and sold it. The CT version is far more complicated and consists of 8 bots instead of the 5. It was a pain but totally worth it for the end result
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 01:30 AM   #229
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Legacy Dead End, I wish the back end clasped together tighter but it still looks good.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 11:48 PM   #230
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Evo HotShot, those legs aren’t quite as bad as I heard - they’re certainly no Kingdom Rhinox legs
Maybe a touch shellformer-y? At least the legs/feet have him beating out ER Arcee, though I hesitate to mention him in that company, for some reason

Evo Scraphook, I’m really into the concept of extra “new” junkions, and goatee here does the trick great - shoulder joints are a bit crowded for more dynamic posing, and I wish his face had one extra shade on it, but he’s pretty fun, can’t wait for Crashbar