Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #1
TFtoys
Animated
which card you use to purchase TF and toys?

Hi,
since the walmart is strongly promoted their master card recently, and collect in store points, I was wondering if there are actually benefit for us to haul more there? and collect points for rewards.

And comparing to the existing Zellers' master card, which you prefer to use and collect more instore gift reward points?

Or which other cards you usually use to purchase TF and toys ?
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:17 PM   #2
Code of Honor
Twitter: @Seikaku09
Send a message via Skype™ to Code of Honor
Re: which card you use to purchase TF and toys?

I use my debit card or just cash. I would never get a credit card from a store you'll just get screwed over in a year.
Code of Honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:17 AM   #3
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Honestly, the rewards systems on all those cards are so minor, it really doesn't matter which you use, because it'll take you seven forevers to earn enough "points" to redeem them for anything worthwhile.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:19 AM   #4
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aernaroth View Post
Honestly, the rewards systems on all those cards are so minor, it really doesn't matter which you use, because it'll take you seven forevers to earn enough "points" to redeem them for anything worthwhile.
This

Plus, who would want to feel tied down to one place? Sometimes TRU gets it, sometimes Wal-Mart, even Zellers occasionally... are you going to bypass an early opportunity or a sale in favor of fraction-of-a-cent point incentives?
Old 06-28-2010, 12:33 AM   #5
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code of Honor View Post
I use my debit card or just cash. I would never get a credit card from a store you'll just get screwed over in a year.
I avoid store credit cards. Most people tend to sign up and stop using them, and after some inactivity, the CC is closed, which can look bad your your credit report/rating. I find the credit cards that can only be used at a store (Like HBC/Zellers) are the worst, they're not really a real credit card since you can't use them anywhere else.

Credit cards that offer end-of-year cashback or points that can be accumulated for traveling are best IMO.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:46 AM   #6
aximili
Machine War

I learned my lesson with a Future Shop credit card that seemed like a good idea at the time. DON'T DO IT! Credit Cards in general are one of those very useful things that can be very dangerous. Once I paid them off I swore to never carry a balance again. Now I just use one Visa that gives me points no matter where I buy stuff, and pay that off as much as possible each month.

And speaking of store credit cards, I absolutely HATE Zellers for that. I've been downright harassed and called an idiot for not signing up for an HBC credit card. Because saving 10% on chips and deodorant is apparently worth the hassle. If I didn't live practically next to one I'd stop shopping there because of it.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:13 AM   #7
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

I would also never trust a CSR to process a credit card application. Especially WM ones, most of which who are incompetent.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:03 AM   #8
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

I'm not a big fan of the store credit cards either. As for what I actually use... I put everything through on my TD travel rewards card.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:31 AM   #9
TFtoys
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aernaroth View Post
I know... but I am so hang on at the getting the point and get more debt on my cards too...
The thing is also, the overall spending of my TFs and other daily stuffs for each month is not just a few bucks;then, I might choose their master card to get some "bonus" than just cash out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
This

Plus, who would want to feel tied down to one place? Sometimes TRU gets it, sometimes Wal-Mart, even Zellers occasionally... are you going to bypass an early opportunity or a sale in favor of fraction-of-a-cent point incentives?
That's the thing, so Zellers' "master card" can also collect points when you shop anywhere outside of Zellers. That's the thing I want, man. And it kind of feel good when I go Walmart clearance sale and use Zellers card to suprise them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
I avoid store credit cards. Most people tend to sign up and stop using them, and after some inactivity, the CC is closed, which can look bad your your credit report/rating. I find the credit cards that can only be used at a store (Like HBC/Zellers) are the worst, they're not really a real credit card since you can't use them anywhere else.

Credit cards that offer end-of-year cashback or points that can be accumulated for traveling are best IMO.
yeah. even master cards that I have to pay the debt etc. The thing for master card is like an upgrade version of the CC of the Zellers which can be used elsewhere. If I am not mistake, I see many people also has a president choice card which are used outside of SS, and I am not sure if it is a master card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
I would also never trust a CSR to process a credit card application. Especially WM ones, most of which who are incompetent.
but the Walmart master card right now has $15 deduction for your next purchase for certain amount, and it can be used outside of master card.

I think that they took the ideas of the Sears master card as well. To collect the points in other stores and be activited to use the cards.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:47 AM   #10
Protoman
The Legend

I use debit most of the time, but if needed (say all my online stuff), I use Visa.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote