Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 02-05-2010, 02:52 PM   #11
Magnus
City Commander
Send a message via MSN to Magnus
Re: Retail rant thread for those working in retail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
Oh you poor bastard... How do you IT people NOT go postal before the end of each shift?
Lots of swearing and breaking stuff and drinking!! Especially drinking
Earthrise - Centurion Drone set, Thrust, Runabout
Kingdom - GS Galvatron, Road Rage
Masterpiece - MP-19+ Smokescreen, MP-20+ Wheeljack, MP-39+ Spinout
3P: MMC Commotus

"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy - okay, give me the bomb." - Ultra Magnus

My feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ghlight=Magnus
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:21 PM   #12
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Working in Liqour Retail for like 16 years of my life leaves me with a ton of stories, none of which I feel I have the time or patience to properly convey here

There are positives as well of course, but from dealing with drunks to shoplifters to the police to people driving their cars through the front of the store(twice at my current location), to POS systems that don't work and bridezilla's who want their customized wedding label just right.....well a lot of patience and thick skin is required.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:35 AM   #13
astrana
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJeff View Post
About 10 years ago as a service writer for a car dealership i had a customer that got so pissed about the quote i gave him that he stepped about 10 feet back from the counter, turned around, pulled his pants down, grabbed his butt and screamed as loud as he could something along the likes of "why don't you just *^%& me in the ass" and a few other colorful things. This was in front of at least a dozen customer & staff...
I've had people come unglued on me a few times over the years but never like this.

hands down, best story ever
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #14
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

oh totally. XD I'd have just laughed at that one if someone did it to me.

now, my first job was at a gas station, and maybe I'll edit this post on my break to include a few more stories aside from the one I'm about to give.

anyways, I worked at a gas station when I was 16-17...first job, mostly did everything else aside from cash; cleaning, pumping propane, pumping gas at the gas dock, etc etc etc.

One of my tasks was cleaning the washroom, and I will be honest, not as bad as you would think; people were good at keeping the place relatively clean so my job was easy. In any case, I won't go into the detail of the bathroom XD.

One day I was finishing up cleaning the sink and I hear my name being called by the cashier; apparently someone had to use the washroom, so I exit through the employee door.

XD I forgot to lock it. Keep this in mind as I continue lol

After a few minutes this individual walks out and says "the soap ran out. You might wanna fix that."

I figure "eh, no biggie." and go into the washroom to fill it up.

this idiot - this walking piece of scrap - tried to refill the soal disprenser by pouring the pink liquid soap all over the top of the enclosed soap dispenser, using the soap bottle (we kept soap in a sports water bottle with the pop-top near the employee sink), and then proceeded to freak out and throw soap everywhere.

XD needless to say I hated life after that
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:05 AM   #15
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

I've come to realize how stupid some people are when it comes to visiting their banks.

And no, the written number of a piece of ID is not valid ID.

That is all I have to say before getting an infraction/ban.

Last edited by Dark Rage; 07-06-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:13 AM   #16
pud333
Animated

Back when I was working at the call center, there was this guy who always called in, asking us to do stuff for him. When I got him, he first asked me how much he had in his account, so I told him. Then he told me he was in a wheelchair, and that it was hard for him to get out. He asked me if I could take some money out of his account, go to the store and bring him some beer. If I did that, he would give me cookies. Not surprisingly, I declined.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:16 AM   #17
TwinTwistR
OP's windshield scrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post

Oh, and I won't tell you what i've seen in the washrooms... Womans washrooms are a place of EVIL! So evil, Satan wouldn't even enter.
A number of years ago I worked at a certain fast food place that has served more than the population of the entire planet (figure the logic/math on that one). Being low man on the totem I ended up on bathroom patrol most shifts and yeah the women's washroom was far and away more frightening than the most psycho horror flick you've ever seen. Let's just say that no human on earth should ever have to remove every colour of the spectrum from the walls of any room, especially the restrooms...and they call guys slobs...
Old 07-06-2010, 08:31 PM   #18
aximili
Machine War

I used to work at Wendy's, and a few call centres, and a ridiculous furniture store. I've come to to realize the sheer stupidity of the general population and I have nothing but the utmost respect for those who work in retail settings. My hat is off to you because I don't think I could ever do it again.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:30 AM   #19
TFtoys
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJeff View Post
About 10 years ago as a service writer for a car dealership i had a customer that got so pissed about the quote i gave him that he stepped about 10 feet back from the counter, turned around, pulled his pants down, grabbed his butt and screamed as loud as he could something along the likes of "why don't you just *^%& me in the ass" and a few other colorful things. This was in front of at least a dozen customer & staff...
, I had another picture in mind.

If I could be there, I would be LMAO. Any method that you could hold yourself at that moment?
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:33 PM   #20
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

"What, I have to pay for a money order, even at my own bank?"

"Hi, I'm not a customer, but can you exchange for me $1000 in 5's, $1000 in loonies and $1000 in toonies?"

Wow, you have got to be fucking kidding me.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
retail rants