Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-11-2014, 02:47 PM   #5911
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Guys n Gals,

Hate to start a Friday bitching session on here but I'd like to share my recent transaction with A3U:
  • per-ordered MP-12 reissue through A3U on-line on March 29th (their expected release is Mar 31st)
  • PayPal payment went through the same day and pre-order status changed to "Awaiting Fulfillment"
  • asked via email yesterday for an update as I see other places have MP-12 in stock and I may want to go elsewhere
  • response says "Don't have exact arrival date at this time" and refund/cancel offered. I say yes please.
  • response says refund put through but 15% restocking fee taken as they "have billed for this item and are expecting it shortly"
  • I respond saying a warning about the re-stockng fee would have been nice beforehand and "expecting it shortly" is very different from "Don't have exact arrival date at this time". I would have kept my pre-order if I knew this.
  • No response
I shopped with A3U on-line this time around in the wake of Spencer's departure and my desire to support local business. I was a regular customer at their brick and mortar stores at Metrotown, Oakridge and at Lougheed. Spencer himself went out of his way to help me out once and I've been a loyal supporter of A3U ever since. But this experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. I know some will say A3U on-line is different from their b&m operation but to that I say bollocks. The namesake should carry some standards that all branches should follow.

Sorry A3U, but you've lost another customer.

Last edited by jjwankenobi; 04-11-2014 at 02:58 PM.
jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:11 PM   #5912
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

I'd be upset too. It's poor communication, and at the very least they should have notified you before you canceled that it would be subject to the 15% fee if you chose to do so.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:17 PM   #5913
carissa
Energon

I don't do any pre-orders or online sales with A3U. But if there is a loose figure in the case that I want, I buy it or I get paints and other supplies directly from the store.
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:25 PM   #5914
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

^Thanks Commander, good to know I'm not just being anal.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:32 PM   #5915
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

That is one reason I don't deal with A3U online. A Canadian store listing prices and billing in US$ just turned me off. How am I supposed to know how much I'm going to pay? It's not the same when I am ordering stuff from Japan. At least the Japanese price stay the same. A3U' and Urban Samurai' s online prices changes almost daily. Not to mention that $3 in-store pick up fee. I'd rather go in person when the product is in-stock.

Other than Spencer, the other guy I dealt with and chit chatted with often is the Asian guy whose name I never know. But I haven't seen him for a while so I am not sure if he is still working there. I was at A3U 2 weeks ago. The store seems to be run by some high school kids now...Not sure if they know what they are doing. I asked about MP-12 reissue and the kid just told me to come again if I didn't see it on the shelves. So if Spencer is gone and Boris is not running things hands on. I don't know how many of us will leave.

Last edited by Darth Cylon; 04-11-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Darth Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:38 PM   #5916
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

On a positive note, someone brought Cartems Donuts to the office. It's so tasty!
Old 04-11-2014, 03:42 PM   #5917
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Guys n Gals,

Hate to start a Friday bitching session on here but I'd like to share my recent transaction with A3U:
  • per-ordered MP-12 reissue through A3U on-line on March 29th (their expected release is Mar 31st)
  • PayPal payment went through the same day and pre-order status changed to "Awaiting Fulfillment"
  • asked via email yesterday for an update as I see other places have MP-12 in stock and I may want to go elsewhere
  • response says "Don't have exact arrival date at this time" and refund/cancel offered. I say yes please.
  • response says refund put through but 15% restocking fee taken as they "have billed for this item and are expecting it shortly"
  • I respond saying a warning about the re-stockng fee would have been nice beforehand and "expecting it shortly" is very different from "Don't have exact arrival date at this time". I would have kept my pre-order if I knew this.
  • No response
I shopped with A3U on-line this time around in the wake of Spencer's departure and my desire to support local business. I was a regular customer at their brick and mortar stores at Metrotown, Oakridge and at Lougheed. Spencer himself went out of his way to help me out once and I've been a loyal supporter of A3U ever since. But this experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. I know some will say A3U on-line is different from their b&m operation but to that I say bollocks. The namesake should carry some standards that all branches should follow.

Sorry A3U, but you've lost another customer.

Ok I'll play the Devils Advocate, don't hold this aginst me though. I'm not trying to ruffle feathers

This is on their web site, If you didn't read it and now are complaining, Is it there fault???

Payment for Pre-orders
You do not need to pay for your preorder up front when you chose the preorder payment option. When we are notified that this item will be shipping to us soon (could be up to a month before we receive the item in question) we will be sending out an invoice for your order. To receive any discounts or special preorder offers on your order, this invoice must be paid in full BEFORE THE STOCK ARRIVES IN STORE. If the item arrives in stock and your invoice is not paid for your entire order will be cancelled and the item(s) you requested will be put back into inventory. You are more than welcome to place another order at that time for the full price of the item(s) in question but they are on a first come first servied basis.

If you have multiple items on your order that come in at different times, you will be requested for payment on each item as it arrives. We will hold all inventory until your entire order is in stock or you instruct us to ship out what is in stock. When the last item on your order is arriving you will be sent an invoice for the final item plus any shipping fee at that time. You will not be billed any shipping on items arrived in stock that we are holding to complete an order. If you wish to ship out items on your order before the order is complete you will be required to pay the flat rate shipping fee at that time and no part of your order can be shipped until that fee is completed.

If you order is cancelled for non payment on an item and you have items that are being held then your entire order will be cancelled and a 15% restocking fee will be applied to the items in stock. The remainder of the cost of your order and any monies paid for your order will be returned to you via paypal minus the 15% restocking fee.

If you wish to pay for your entire preorder up front then you can chose the paypal option upon checkout and your payment will be applied to your order. Your order will ship to you automaticlly when it arrives in stock.

Cancelling Pre-order Items
You can cancel your preorder at any time before your items arrive in stock. If you paid for your order early via paypal then you will be refunded in full for your order. If we have sent out notification that items are arriving and sent out invoices for items, then any cancellations are subject to a 15% restocking fee. The remainder of your funds will be sent back to you via paypal, minus the 15%.

Cancelling a preorder means you lose your place in line for this item. You are welcome to place a new order at any time if you change your mind but if an item is sold out or we are shorted on our items, then you can not just re claim your original preorder.

PS

We have restocking fees at work, they are there to cover office/people costs when a order gets cancelled.

I know it sucks though, and feel for you

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection

Last edited by Rodimus Prime1; 04-11-2014 at 03:47 PM.
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:43 PM   #5918
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

I'm so hungry...

I still haven't tried Cartems. Some of their flavors seem a little weird, but I'm sure they're good.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:45 PM   #5919
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
I'm so hungry...

I still haven't tried Cartems. Some of their flavors seem a little weird, but I'm sure they're good.

No wonder you have the most posts

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:50 PM   #5920
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime1 View Post
Ok I'll play the Devils Advocate, don't hold this aginst me though. I'm not trying to ruffle feathers

This is on their web site, If you didn't read it and now are complaining, Is it there fault???

Cancelling Pre-order Items
You can cancel your preorder at any time before your items arrive in stock. If you paid for your order early via paypal then you will be refunded in full for your order. If we have sent out notification that items are arriving and sent out invoices for items, then any cancellations are subject to a 15% restocking fee. The remainder of your funds will be sent back to you via paypal, minus the 15%.
Thanks man, no ruffling perceived, though the above clause seems to apply to me. When I ordered the expected arrival was MAR 31. When I cancelled they said they don't know when it will arrive and I did not receive a notification it was arriving. So the way I see it I paid in advance and cancelled before any arrival notification, yet did not get refunded in full like they say they should.