Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #11
chuchupika
Generation 1
Re: Prime vs. Generations

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Agreed with everything you say except the bulkhead. I find Bulkhead to "bulky" to fit into a G1 esque line. I'm not sure it it's the look or the size but to me Bulkhead just has way too much the Prime feel to fit in adequately IMO.
None of the Prime line can fit with the G1 line for sure. The G1 line are way simplify transformed to look like a human robot, more of a machine robot. If you look at the prime figure, it all looks like a human but with machine parts on them.

None of the G1 guys has any sort of organic curve in them, while you see Bulkhead is more of a robotic pumpkin shape when he is in robot mode.
chuchupika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:05 PM   #12
Vain
Spin Drive Smasher

I just meant that this is a closer incarnation of a classic aesthetic then his animated counterpart incase you wanted a Bulkhead. It's still a stretch I agree.

"They can't beat the Best"

Follow me on Instagram: @Dropdead_Charlie
Game with me on PsN: Dropdead_Charlie

-------------------------------------
Vain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #13
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

What Protoman said "it's apples and oranges" and what rhymes with orange? Nothing and aesthetically nothing rhymes with TF Prime figures they are a look all their own. Maybe I'll take some pics of Classics/United Wheeljack with Prime RID Wheeljack.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:19 PM   #14
chuchupika
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain View Post
I just meant that this is a closer incarnation of a classic aesthetic then his animated counterpart incase you wanted a Bulkhead. It's still a stretch I agree.
I agree with you about animated being way unique compare to the other lines . I think all the different lines are quite unique to itself as the others have suggested.

I totally love a Prime Bulkhead and an animated Bulkhead
chuchupika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:02 AM   #15
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus

TF Prime Wheeljack does fit in nicely with the Animated line up.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:08 AM   #16
Hellboy
Alternator

I can't say as I'd give up or swap out any of them. I love the G1 look, the Animated look, WFC look and Prime look. They have me across the board and they can continue to give me my G1 characters in all the styles mentioned. Bulkhead is a great new character and if they whip up a G1-esque version I'll be all over that too. I'd like to see him show up in The Fall of Cybertron if only for a split second.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #17
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

I might be inclined to use a Cybertron Voyager Crumplezone as a Classics/Generations stand in for Bulkhead. It kinda works if you imagine it as a pre-Earth mode.

I'm fine with mixing WFC/FOC and Classics/Generations. And maybe pulling a few specific figures from Energon and Cybertron (even less from Armada). And then the 6" Titanium figures fit nicely in here too, especially alongside the WFC/FOC figures.

Animated stands on its own, Movie stands on its own (excluding the bleed overs that should have been in Classics), and Prime stands on its own.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #18
sikkbones
Banned

that cliffjumper looks awesome,

secondly.. I think that prime and WFC/FOC should be two seperate contuinities, as it is getting obvious that they are not one and the same and the longer the tv shows goes the more obvious this fact will be.
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #19
transforminator
Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikkbones View Post
that cliffjumper looks awesome,

secondly.. I think that prime and WFC/FOC should be two seperate contuinities, as it is getting obvious that they are not one and the same and the longer the tv shows goes the more obvious this fact will be.
wait whaa??? wasnt it official that the wfc/foc/prime continutity is one in the same? i get the fact why it may seem less likely due to the varying character designs in each series but is it official?
Old 03-21-2012, 10:00 PM   #20
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by transforminator View Post
wait whaa??? wasnt it official that the wfc/foc/prime continutity is one in the same? i get the fact why it may seem less likely due to the varying character designs in each series but is it official?
It was, or, rather, it was the original intention when the concept of Prime was established. But once the ball got rolling, Prime retconned much of WFC/FOC to the point where they aren't the same continuity.

WFC/FOC is its own continuity now, separate from G1, AEC, Prime, Movieverse, etc.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote