Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-23-2010, 09:36 AM   #31
Janitor
Classic
Re: Toys you were hoping to find/buy at TFcon but didn't buy for whatever reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanethoughinsane View Post
the blonde who was there, though extremely nice, shot my hopes down.
Story of my life!
Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:02 AM   #32
Sanethoughinsane
Derp
Send a message via Skype™ to Sanethoughinsane
Re: Toys you were hoping to find/buy at TFcon but didn't buy for whatever reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
Just as an FYI to the people that came Sunday, next time come Saturday because that's when things like Drift were available and sold out by the end of the first day.
I was there on the first day, and I still missed out on Generations Drift. I was literally trying to eagle eye Drift all day long, but couldn't find any (ended up hitting lots of people with my bag because I was looking that hard D: sorry!). I actually spoke to Vangelus/Chris for a while, and he told me there was a dealer selling Drifts, but when I got there, they were already sold out... Bawwwwlllll D:
Sanethoughinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:28 AM   #33
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanethoughinsane View Post
I was there on the first day, and I still missed out on Generations Drift. I was literally trying to eagle eye Drift all day long, but couldn't find any (ended up hitting lots of people with my bag because I was looking that hard D: sorry!). I actually spoke to Vangelus/Chris for a while, and he told me there was a dealer selling Drifts, but when I got there, they were already sold out... Bawwwwlllll D:
I was there right when the show opened, and I did a through first look through of the dealer room, never noticed the Generations stuff
Old 07-23-2010, 10:31 AM   #34
Omegatron
Gen 1

Was looking for 6" Titanium Grimlock and Prowl to complete the collection. I found them on Saturday morning but thought they were too expensive so went looking for better deals. By the time I cam back for them they were gone. I did find some other deals though so I don't know if I missed out or not.

I did find a loose but complete Brainstorm but by the time I saw him the seller said he was on hold for someone else. The only other headmasters I found anywhere near complete were at Russ's table and while I've dealt with Russ before and don't mind the guy I didn't feel like remortgaging my house.
Omegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:15 AM   #35
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

I regret of not picking up the G1 yellow Bumble-jumper minicar and the G1 Squawkbox set at first sight.

I was hoping to get a Japanese G1 Galaxy Shuttle... yes, yes, I know it is a long shot. There was none to be found AFAIK (and yes, I was there for the Early Bord Saturday).

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately

Last edited by QuadESL63; 07-23-2010 at 11:22 AM.
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:01 PM   #36
Jawz. D
That Black Guy

Fansproject table, so I could get Warbot Defendor. I found one and it was $90 I should of jumped on him when I had the chance.

Alternity Skywarp. I think I missed out.

Alternator Decepticharge or Overdrive at a sane price. I saw a MIB Decpticharge being ask for at $90. I'll pass and look elsewhere.
Jawz. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:03 PM   #37
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkamanraiden View Post
1) Let's see I was looking for a Universe Classic Grimlock and Jetfire for custom project, found them to be way too expensive.

2) I couldn't find a Universe Classics Nemesis Prime

3) Complete G1 Jetfires were going for way too much. I managed to find a complete 'broken' one for $25. It wasn't actually broken someone had just not bothered to reassemble it.

4)Was looking for a Classics Universe Dirge junker to harvest for parts (spring and rotator joints)but didn't find any.
Were you there early Saturday? I saw a couple Classics Nemisis Primes, for decent prices too ($60ish) but they went fast. Good thing I saved that Universe Dirge from you, he looked too good to be trashed, lol.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:08 PM   #38
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

[QUOTE=Mighty Galvatron;255935]I was hoping to find a complete G1 Chromedome that was both in good condition and at a reasonable price...Alas, no such luck. Same goes with G1 Shockwave...

I passed on a Titanium G1 Ultra Magnus - but now I regret not picking it up. It was loose, but seemed to be in good condition. Actually that figure really blew my mind because I had no idea it even existed. I mean, a metal G1 Magnus that transforms nicely, and you don't attach a trailer to a white Prime and then build it with Lego until it's finally Ultra Magnus! Yeah I regret not getting this...Oh, and I sort-of regret not picking up Titanium Thrust - but no biggie.

You should have got the Titanium Thrust, I got mine boxed for $25 better than the $30, $32 and $40 I saw elsewhere in the con.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:08 PM   #39
Omegatron
Gen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
I regret of not picking up the G1 yellow Bumble-jumper minicar and the G1 Squawkbox set at first sight.
You saw a G1 Squawkbox set? How much was it going for? I'll be kicking myself for missing that.
Omegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:16 PM   #40
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegatron View Post
You saw a G1 Squawkbox set? How much was it going for? I'll be kicking myself for missing that.
I saw one going for $80.

I'm glad I got my set at the Burlington Toy show in april for $30 - Both cassettes, mint, loose complete with tech specs.

Cheers!
-Ian