Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-19-2010, 01:17 PM   #41
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com
Re: Overall Exerperience at TFCON...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Galvatron View Post
Very good experience! A fun, well-organized and run event for sure! The dealer room was pretty good, not as good as last year imo though. But everything else was even better. My favorite panel was the "Toys that Never Were." I'm not sure who was hosting it but they did an excellent job despite being out of breath lol.
That was hosted by Mike "Steeljaw" Jobba, he's Aernaroth on this forum. And I saw the beginning of it and it was cool!
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:18 PM   #42
Teal Deer
Derpscream
Send a message via AIM to Teal Deer

This was my very first TFCon as well! I had an absolute blast; truly one of the most entertaining conventions I have ever attended. You're all like best friends I've never met. I'm still not sure how I got roped into the costume contest (I was the Starscream) but I'm glad that I did.

Hope to see you all next year!

Teal Deer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #43
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

3rd tfcon, but first one i stayed all weekend at the hotel with cliffjumper69, cybermnky, and malwave. a lot more fun when you stay there, spent a lot of the weekend hanging out with cj69, nemesis predaking, plowking, and chans, had a great time, and many laughs were had, especially with vangelus

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #44
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

*Sighs*Amazing.

It pretty much was perfection when it all began.Being volunteer for the first time made me attend to the Panels far better than I did last year(Though I had to sacrifice sitting in the front sometimes).Still,I had a great time with old and new friends.Here are the highlights of the weekend.
  • Getting my first Holy Grail of Beast Wars TMII Megatron
  • Being molested by Mindy in her Shattered Glass Prime costume
  • Seeing Vangelus,Guber,and all the crazy TF Fans again
  • Being kissed,hugged,and bowed by the charismatic heartbreaker,David Kaye
  • Having drinks with Mark Ryan,Phil,and Steph
  • Finally paying Matt Moylan
  • Almost accidentally strangling Alex Milne for my commissions (I hugged him around the neck,not a good idea)
  • Almost accidentally strangling Chris for giving me David Kaye (Once again,hugging him around the neck)
  • Hanging out with Derrick Wyatt after the Con ended and getting a Reissue G1 Smokescreen in the process
  • And last,but definitely not least,the epic dance from Meesum as G1 Ultra Magnus.

Truly worth it this year.Can't wait for the next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:50 PM   #45
Pascal
Banned

That was my 2nd TFcon (the other one was in 2008), had a great time, got to meet lots of great people from the boards. Especially glad I could finally meet Super_Megatron, soundwave.ca and GMfan face to face, they seemed like genuinely cool guys, I'm glad they took some time to chat with me and my semi-lousy spoken english (haven't practiced in months) even if they were busy.

Haha! My younger brother and a friend came with me out of curiosity (and in case I couldn't make the 14 hours of driving required that day). My brother even ended up buying his very first Transformer. That was unexpected, I thought that was pretty cool. It's funny, he and my friend came to me after a couple hours and said "Ok, we need some advices now." My brother first asked about Movie 1 Leader Megatron (Premium), but the price was a bit too steep. Then he asked about Movie 1 Voyager Deep Space Starscream, I said nice paint, bad mold. Then he asked about ROTF Leader Shadow Command Megatron (a toy I don't have myself - yet), $40. That's what he ended up buying and he was pretty happy with his purchase. He tried to buy a Leader Prime to go with it but the MISB one we spotted earlier for $30 was gone and all the other ones we saw were too expensive. I told him just to wait for another sale at W-M or something.

My friend was planning to buy the reissue Insecticons but the ones he spotted for $50 sold out by the time he decided to got for it and that other seller wouldn't sell the set for less than $65. Too bad for him.

Last edited by Pascal; 07-19-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:18 PM   #46
talon4ce
Generation 1

Despite roasting in both costumes and having to disappear very quickly after the Saturday costume contest, I had a blast!

I'll never forget:
-doing a 'fangirl' dance over David Kaye while dressed as Blackarachnia
-the looks on David Kaye and Derrick J Wyatt's faces when they saw me in my Blackarachnia costume. Dull surprise? I don't think so
-The impromptu dance during the costuming panel
-JLvatron in vehicle mode when the Swerve toy rolled out and landed on his crotch
-Mark Ryan
-Prime's damn sandwich
-the baby that screamed and started crying when its dad came over to me (as Bumblebee) to take a photo

The best part was being Bumblebee again because there were so many kids! It's a great feeling when a parent says "Thank you so much, you've made my kid so happy!" I loved the family of four kids, all wearing Bee shirts, and the little girl who had a kiddie leash on, and all the kids hiding behind their parents' legs, oh god they were all so cute!

I can't wait until next year!
talon4ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #47
Iacon
Noted Gadabout
Iacon's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsedragon20 View Post
Love the panels but I wished I can hear the announcements in EVERY room, not just the dealer room (especially for the door prizes )
Yeah, that was my only real complaint. I spent 70% of the time in the Panel Room, so I missed almost all the announcements-- I could've won something without knowing it!

Also, for the few rare cases where things were behind schedule, more far-reaching announcements would've really helped. I was planning on being able to catch both the video game panel and TFTM, so I was a little miffed when I walked in to the movie and it was already thirty minutes in (I figured when somebody played "Bad Spark" when TFTM was originally scheduled to start that the movie start time had been pushed back). Don't get me wrong-- these are *very* minor quibbles, and a lot of it is probably dependent on how the hotel is set up, but a better PA system might be something to consider for next year.

Oh... and the amateur MST3King during the TFTM screening was really starting to get on my nerves... but I realize that type of thing's inevitable when you get enough fanboys in a room together (maybe a separate MST3K section in the seating plan?). Some folks just can't resist trying to mock perfection... ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsedragon20 View Post
A good example was on Sat when I was looking at a Galvatron but wasn't sure it was complete, so I walked to different sellers about 2 rows away (or less) to make sure he was complete and when I returned literally 2 mins later, he was gone!
The boxed Galvatron nearby Dan Khanna's table? Yeah, I totally feel your pain. Caught a glimpse of it but thought I was hallucinating (It was like $90, right?), and then it just vanished. If that baby had working electronics, that one's gonna haunt me...
Iacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:51 PM   #48
Uberman
Energon

I only regret I didn't get Heinlad when I had the chance. I waffled on a lot of stuff, ended up not buying nearly as many things as I would have were money a free-flowing thing, but seeing Heinlad for 40, being unsure if that was a good price [I'm still not sure], circling and circling again and then on the third time seeing it had been purchased made me sad. Also Dragon Knight buying my Big Convoy a mere second before I noticed it.

Other than that, good times.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:10 PM   #49
Sanethoughinsane
Derp
Send a message via Skype™ to Sanethoughinsane
Talking Re: Overall Exerperience at TFCON...

Oooo, boy, where to begin? Well, like alot of people, this was my first TFcon, and I actually chose to come as a volunteer (I was the asian guy wearing all black checking for badges and wristbands, stood in the same spot for 3 hours on Saturday and 5 hours on Sunday; my upper torso is incredibly sore from keeping arms folded, lol). Even though the other volunteers were sometimes allowed to go off and see the panels/get autographs/go to the dealer room, I can say that without a doubt, I had the most fun in the longest time at TFcon 2010! The staff was extremely nice and patient with me, the other volunteers were a blast to work with, the attendees were nothing but exceptional, and I even had my little moments with Kaye and Ryan (Kaye, I talked with for a while about the process of becoming an actor as a whole, not just voice acting, and Ryan, there was an akward moment where I found myself taking a leak next to him, which was absolutely hilarious talking to him briefly). The only panel I was able to go to before I was at the door (The David Kaye Q&A) was excellent.... Yes... But to the staff members, attendees, and guests who were nice enough to talk to me personally to see how I was holding up, I can only say thank you so much for taking that time to show concern, it really made the day greater than it already was! I even managed to haul in a load of transformers merchandise, which I am more than happy with (even though I missed out on getting my number one priority, Generations Drift D:). To the people cosplaying as transformers characters, I can only say that your costumes were all amazing! I only regret not taking pictures of all of you (I only got Jazz, and recorded Boxitron transforming! Damn you Jeremy for uploading onto youtube first!). To all the friends I made, and to all the random attendees who I joked around with a few times, I can only say that you all made my experience the best I've had in a long time. To the staff, thank you so much for letting me be a part of the convention, you should be proud of the incredibly awesome job you've done in making it all happen, and to everyone, take care, stay safe, and see you at TFcon 2011!

- Jamie
Sanethoughinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:36 PM   #50
hupla
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises View Post

• Being molested by Mindy in her Shattered Glass Prime costume
Is that her name? She stole my seat at the David Kaye Panel >:O
hupla is offline   Reply With Quote