Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-28-2016, 02:03 AM   #1
CanBot
Cybertron
Here's my new reply to negative TF fans

Have the following things ever made a difference in your day-to-day life:

Magnus' butt-flaps tick you off?

Speaking of butts...Ironhide, what are those, left and right radial cheeks?

What's that? Shockwave isn't quite the right tinge of purple for you?

Here we go again, what were they THINKING?!?!?! Blast-Off is NOT a jet. He's not. Just stop trying to talk, please, PLEASE

Mixmaster.... oh Mixy McMixMix...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AEj3LA2vSo

...just pop that in your thread and you'll probably shut up most people my age *which is kinda old, but really...who's counting.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:17 AM   #2
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: Here's my new reply to negative TF fans

I agree with your sentiment, but this is probably what the response would be for those who won't shut up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q3z4IP_nNU
Old 03-28-2016, 07:22 AM   #3
ironclaugh
Armada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP7SfpcsVhE
ironclaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:40 AM   #4
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

You guys are assuming someone is going to click on your links. Not everyone will
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:03 AM   #5
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Here's the thing, (Not going to click the links so I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a funny thread) While I try to maintain a positive attitude to what Hasbro (and others) are doing, I have also been collecting toys for 20 years and seen a measurable decline in overall quality and value across the board.

I also understand that most toys are for kids and companies are supposed to make money, but some of the decisions that Hasbro makes leaves me scratching my head.
Just to name a few:

1. Devastator- Limited arm articulation on some without original guns for the individual bots. This is ridiculous considering the molds are out there, it is clear that Hasbro just wanted to cut corners.

2. Reliance on Bumblebee- Since the movies have come out, BB has been a plague. Not that I don't appreciate the character, but they have and continue to miss what made Transformers great: all the characters.

3. The overall dumbing down of the toys in general. This is true for Transformers but can be applied to all of Hasbro's properties. Shampoo bottle looking "action" figures, limited 5 POA garbage, unpainted plastic and limited accessories all point to a 'less-for-more' business model and are really frustrating for a collector who has seen much better from the same company as recent as 10 years ago.

However, there is still a lot of good stuff too. SW Black, Marvel Legends and some decent "generations stuff" but the cost and availability is becoming worse and worse over time. This has also made me re-consider my purchases and which companies I choose to support.

Anyways: rant over.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:07 AM   #6
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironclaugh View Post
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:35 AM   #7
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Here's the thing, (Not going to click the links so I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a funny thread) While I try to maintain a positive attitude to what Hasbro (and others) are doing, I have also been collecting toys for 20 years and seen a measurable decline in overall quality and value across the board.

I also understand that most toys are for kids and companies are supposed to make money, but some of the decisions that Hasbro makes leaves me scratching my head.
Just to name a few:

1. Devastator- Limited arm articulation on some without original guns for the individual bots. This is ridiculous considering the molds are out there, it is clear that Hasbro just wanted to cut corners.

2. Reliance on Bumblebee- Since the movies have come out, BB has been a plague. Not that I don't appreciate the character, but they have and continue to miss what made Transformers great: all the characters.

3. The overall dumbing down of the toys in general. This is true for Transformers but can be applied to all of Hasbro's properties. Shampoo bottle looking "action" figures, limited 5 POA garbage, unpainted plastic and limited accessories all point to a 'less-for-more' business model and are really frustrating for a collector who has seen much better from the same company as recent as 10 years ago.

However, there is still a lot of good stuff too. SW Black, Marvel Legends and some decent "generations stuff" but the cost and availability is becoming worse and worse over time. This has also made me re-consider my purchases and which companies I choose to support.

Anyways: rant over.
I agree 100%, I also don't believe they should be skimping on the lines that are obviously aimed at collectors like the CW and Generations stuff.

Given the limited availability of these lines it is unlikely their primary purchasers are children or parents buying for kids. I don't believe them when they say collectors are not a large part of their purchase base because they have ZERO way to track that.

I know when the TRU and Walmarts in the Maritimes get these figures, the collectors are the ones who scoop them up, not kids.

Considering the Japanese releases get better paint and sometimes extra accessories I find it hard to believe Hasbro needs to skimp. The quality has gone down a great deal in the last decade and the prices have gone up.

I'd rather have better quality and pay more than pay more and have worse quality.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:11 AM   #8
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Here's a reply for those crybabies who can't take ANY kind of criticism on their beloved toys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=929s...A4AF62A1B94B40

"little children near and far
don't know where your parents are
cry directly in this jar"

LOL

There's also this one about nerd raging but it's even older.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYUMpgpLLuU

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post
Have the following things ever made a difference in your day-to-day life:

Magnus' butt-flaps tick you off?

Speaking of butts...Ironhide, what are those, left and right radial cheeks?

What's that? Shockwave isn't quite the right tinge of purple for you?

Here we go again, what were they THINKING?!?!?! Blast-Off is NOT a jet. He's not. Just stop trying to talk, please, PLEASE

Mixmaster.... oh Mixy McMixMix...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AEj3LA2vSo

...just pop that in your thread and you'll probably shut up most people my age *which is kinda old, but really...who's counting.
Bet you can find a better video than that man.

Last edited by Buhawi; 03-29-2016 at 01:16 AM.
Buhawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:23 AM   #9
CanBot
Cybertron

No love for Oddball? Tough crowd

...and yes, it was a joke thread

I was really surprised I didn't get rickrolled on one of those limbs.

But I will be using some of these links at some point, so for that I thank y'all!

I'm gonna go say something righteous.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:27 AM   #10
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Not familiar with it. Sorry man.