Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-01-2015, 05:36 PM   #451
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: Combiner Wars/Generations

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmus View Post
Same here, I accidentally took the wing out. Have to go on Youtube and find out how the shoulder actually transform.
It's just your basic hinge joint system... You know the kind that rotates and folds up or down depending on which direction you're going. I can't think of what other figure has a similar joint, but you just grasp the shoulder firmly and carefully rotate it down.

Darn it all to hell why can't I remember what other figures have used this type of joint? It would help explain it so much more.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:41 PM   #452
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
I am going to reply to a sighting thread post here as I have no sightings to report .....

I have a bad feeling that Motormaster might be skipped or in very limited numbers as his wave mate is Silverbolt so retailers might not order wave 2 voyagers as there is a repeat in the case, and that means potential for a shelf warmer also Motormaster looks alot like prime to the untrained eye so that might factor in as well. I hope I am wrong.
This was my very fear as well and is why i gladly paid more for him at my local comic shop.. but omg this better not happen.
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:32 PM   #453
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
I am going to reply to a sighting thread post here as I have no sightings to report .....

I have a bad feeling that Motormaster might be skipped or in very limited numbers as his wave mate is Silverbolt so retailers might not order wave 2 voyagers as there is a repeat in the case, and that means potential for a shelf warmer also Motormaster looks alot like prime to the untrained eye so that might factor in as well. I hope I am wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
This was my very fear as well and is why i gladly paid more for him at my local comic shop.. but omg this better not happen.
Is he an end line product? No, so why in the pit would retailers skip over a wave 2 case of voyagers. Motormaster is obviously not Optimus Prime, they are packaged in robot mode after all and the colours are night and day practically.

Typically retailers only skip over waves when it's the end of a line, from experience. Chances of Motormaster not appearing in retail in Canada are rather slim. If nothing else I'm sure we'll see him at local discount outlets like Marshalls and Winners. But I doubt it will come to that.

There's been a massive port delay which has slowed everything down. Combiner Wars wave one hasn't even hit full saturation in some areas of Canada yet. Worrying about Wave two is a bit premature in this instant, however you're free to do as you wish. I'm just pointing out, that logically, I doubt Motormaster will be hard to come by at retail.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:11 PM   #454
Woundave
Generation 2

I just put ordered motormaster from the local comic shop, figured it's better to just pay the premium price than to waste gas driving all over the place looking for him once he hits shelves... comic shops can also order specific figures individually, so they should be able to hello you out without having to order a bunch of silver bolts along side him
Woundave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:42 PM   #455
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

I got mine so I am not worried. I also have wave 3 coming in the next 3 or 4 weeks
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:37 AM   #456
CanBot
Cybertron

Well I'll snag Motormaster as soon as I see him, anywhere. I saw a bunch of Wave 2 when I was in Ottawa, and about three Silverbolts. I thought that MM was a shoe-in but he wasn't there.

I don't really wanna go the BBTS route for just one figure, but ya never know. Wildrider is a must have in my opinion.

Any pics of what Menasor looks like if you just use the 'original' five guys (without the chest piece)?
Old 04-02-2015, 04:38 AM   #457
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

While we're talking about horrible instructions... wait until you get Leader Megs and it says "15 steps". LOL.

My HTS Armada Megs arrived a few days ago and the legs are a nightmare to go into Tank mode.

They just took 15 crappy drawings and added arrows to lightly guide you about what needs to happen. It's that bad.

But hey, he has Mini-con ports so we might see some in the future, right?
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:32 AM   #458
Supernova
Second star to the right

Quote:
Same here, I accidentally took the wing out. Have to go on Youtube and find out how the shoulder actually transform.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
It's just your basic hinge joint system... You know the kind that rotates and folds up or down depending on which direction you're going. I can't think of what other figure has a similar joint, but you just grasp the shoulder firmly and carefully rotate it down.

Darn it all to hell why can't I remember what other figures have used this type of joint? It would help explain it so much more.
Yep, that's how it works, in a nutshell!

If you still haven't got it yet, mcmus, here's what you do:

Pinch the shoulder assembly - thumb on the Autobot symbol, finger on the wing. Use your other hand to brace the figure however you'd like. Then just use your thumb to push on the shoulder. It takes a fair bit of force the first few times, but once you've done it, its not scary anymore.

I feel like I've come across another figure that does this too, but for the life of me, I can't remember which it is!

Transformers and Other Stuff For Sale

My Feedback Thread
Supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:53 AM   #459
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Just opened the CW Skydive. Does anyone find the instruction is useless on how the shoulder rotate?
Yeah I pulled off his wing before I figured it rotated.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:46 AM   #460
mcmus
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
Yep, that's how it works, in a nutshell!

If you still haven't got it yet, mcmus, here's what you do:

Pinch the shoulder assembly - thumb on the Autobot symbol, finger on the wing. Use your other hand to brace the figure however you'd like. Then just use your thumb to push on the shoulder. It takes a fair bit of force the first few times, but once you've done it, its not scary anymore.

I feel like I've come across another figure that does this too, but for the life of me, I can't remember which it is!
Thanks, I got it eventually after watching youtube video.
I am fine with the design. It is just if the instruction can be more clear with a rotate arrow instead the straight arrow.