Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-24-2014, 01:26 PM   #11
ironclaugh
Armada
Re: If you could change something about the franchise what would it be?

I would love a kind of spin-off series. No Optimus or Megatron or regular cast. New group of bots that were either marooned on Cybertron or escaped some other way.
ironclaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:36 PM   #12
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

This is not a shot at anyone in particular, especially not the original poster. I have no problem with their post any of the posts so far.

But I would change the ungrateful fans. We're in a time were there are more good toys around than most have the ability to buy. Yet, for some, it still isn't good enough. Some think that every toy line has to be geared towards the collector. Simple transformations, WTF is Hasbro thinking. Hasbro sucks. It's like this every time a new line comes out.

Shellformer. Worst toy ever.
Kibble. Worst toy ever
Pars former. Worst toy ever.
No wrist swivel. Worst toy ever.
I don't like the aesthetic. Worst toy ever.

I mean look at all the Masterpiece and Generations stuff that's coming out. If I can get that all year long, I'm happy. I don't need the movie line to be geared towards me. Add to that look at all the 3rd party stuff. If Feral Rex was the only bot I could get all this year, I'd be pretty happy.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:38 PM   #13
FEZaid
Arabian Knight

Have a proper continuity that establishes a base for the Transformers franchise, how many "reboots" has it gone through the 30 years of its existence? Not that I have a problem with it, because that is how Hasbro can easily produce more figures and make money out of it.

But it would be nice to have a more "original" series such as TF: Animated, and less stuff like TF: Prime where it is just Optimus and crew vs Megatron and crew.

Last edited by FEZaid; 02-24-2014 at 01:43 PM.
FEZaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:00 PM   #14
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Make all of the animators work in tandem with the toy designers. No more of this inaccurate, kibbletastic, shell former bs because the figure is literally impossible to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deception View Post
i would like to see this, but the gun mode would just look like a pee shooter.
how so? it would most likely be 1:1, the old MP Megatron was huge in gun mode.

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:06 PM   #15
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Quote:
The toys' streamlined transformations also address the need for instant gratification sought by children today, she said. "A toy like this gets them where they are going faster."
Do companies really reflect changes in society?

Hasbro's saying quite a lot about children and maybe parenting today... That quote is really quite a mouthful.

Although, I think the "flick of a wrist" transformation is quite awesome feat of engineering, I disagree with Hasbro's excuse to make toys a lot less cheaper to produce. The fact that quote came from a woman and most likely a mother... come on... I see through it.

Last edited by Buhawi; 02-24-2014 at 02:17 PM.
Buhawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:14 PM   #16
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
It doesn't have to be a hand gun.
Yes. Yes it does

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
More seriously though, I would find a way to shift the focus off of Bumblebee, and cycle thru a few other characters as the "kid friendly" one. Maximum 2 years per character focus, avoids the over saturation of everything. TF is about so much more than just BB, and Optimus Prime.
+1 truth
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:23 PM   #17
Woundave
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEZaid View Post
Have a proper continuity that establishes a base for the Transformers franchise, how many "reboots" has it gone through the 30 years of its existence? Not that I have a problem with it, because that is how Hasbro can easily produce more figures and make money out of it.

how many franchises that last 30 years dont go through a mess of reboots and continuity errors.

star wars, nope.

star trek, nope.

DC or Marvel, name any major character- nope.

um--- Doctor Who- maybe sort of, cause they keep on killing the Doctor

im just struggling for a real world example of what you are asking for.

i echo the more appreciative fans post-

frankly i think Hasbro /Takara have done a great job in the last few years of meeting fans concerns - better case assortments, making FE available in the States after distributers dropped the line, more Masterpiece figs, gearing figs off the IDW designs, dividing the AOE line into kids figures and collectors figures in the Generations lines, Leader class Generations Jetfire and Megatron is pretty amazing.

oh yea- and freaking Metroplex, have we forgotten that so soon?

and beyond that, Hasbro doesnt sue the pants off third party companies (there is alot more they could do to make it dificult for those companies to exist if they wanted to) - - i think its pretty great that they seem to accept the existance of $500 combiner sets clearly based of their IP as a good thing.

We adult fans have it damn good
Woundave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:30 PM   #18
Abraxys
With full honors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhawi View Post
Although, I think the "flick of a wrist" transformation is quite awesome feat of engineering, I disagree with Hasbro's excuse to make toys a lot less cheaper to produce.
I know those toys(the flick of the wrist movie toys) dont look great aesthetically, but man they look like fun. You know those times when you were young and playing out scenarios where the bot would instantly transform into car mode and then back. I wouldve loved a toy that transformed so fast while playing out my stories. Its very intuitive that they've managed to make such simple transformations, that are very -->>FUN<<-- Thats what they are going for with these new simplified versions. No collecting, no asethetics, just simple and innocent playtime. Thats what hasbro is selling, and has always tried to sell, kids.

To answer the forum question, I wouldnt change a thing!!

Abraxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:31 PM   #19
Deception
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
Make all of the animators work in tandem with the toy designers. No more of this inaccurate, kibbletastic, shell former bs because the figure is literally impossible to make.

how so? it would most likely be 1:1, the old MP Megatron was huge in gun mode.
i have never owned mp megatron or held one in my hand lol
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:33 PM   #20
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

I agree. They do look quite fun.

What I disagree with is how they are marketing it. That quote is a mouthful if you think about it. It actually still bothers me.

I'm questioning and disagreeing their market research result on how kids today, not the kids previously, actively focus and seek... ack... instant gratification. A real mouthful.