Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 04-08-2012, 11:10 AM   #21
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com
Re: Transformers Prime Episode 34 - Nemesis Prime - Discussion

I agree, it would've been good to have a human fatality.

The whole "robot-human hybrid" garbage has been so overdone in sci-fi, it just makes me roll my eyes.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #22
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

I also find it slightly weird that they concluded it was Mech right from the start. I mean, Makeshift made an exact double of Wheeljack, but they didn't even entertain for a second the idea that the Decepticons might be behind this one.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #23
joshimus
Metroplex

Well, considering what's been happening, like BD being examined and BB having his t-cog stolen by MECH then got it back and SS's is stolen, it's pretty obvious MECH was up to something. I actually would have been more annoyed had they thought it was the Decepticons.
Overall, nothing special of an episode. I liked the slowed down NOP transformation. Reminded me of the movies.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #24
ARCTrooperAlpha
Beast Machine

sorry, but my most dislike characters are bumblebee and starscream

other than that, the ep is quite alright. The prequel to the Prime version of DOTM.
ARCTrooperAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #25
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Loved the beginning of this episode. Optimus has always been portrayed on this show (or any show minus the Bay movies) as this benevolent gentle giant, and it was really cool to see how intimidating and destructive his giant semi truck form really is when it's portrayed as a evil being. I was getting T-1000 vibes of the scene when he was driving the semi truck at the end chasing everyone. I don't usually buy repaints, but if you back it up with stuff like that, I'd buy it in a heart beat.

The line Nemesis gave when he entered the military base "I am Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots, and I bring you this message," was very reminiscent of the speech Optimus gave at the end of the first Bay movie. Even the way the camera was doing a 360 while Nemesis transformed was like in the movie and the ensuing "bot on human violence" battle following that. Job well done on another sorta spoof of the Bay movies like that.

It was kinda BS Nemesis Prime kicked everyone's ass including Optimus's, but I kinda like to think of it as Optimus is so powerful, not even he could defeat himself lol. Still, could of been done better.

MECH though... I think they are Mary Sue like... Transformers are like toasters or computers, but just super advanced. No problem, we can reverse engineer that, minus the T-cog, because humans can do anything! I don't buy it. Even then, Mech can produce a chassis and armour equal to a Cybertronian's? I don't buy that either.

How did MECH even perfectly duplicate Optimus's robot mode and weapons? Insert the T-cog and bam? Whatever, I can let that go.

I donno. Whenever humans are fighting Transformers, it doesn't work for me in a believable fashion.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #26
Sokar
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightscrabbler View Post
I also find it slightly weird that they concluded it was Mech right from the start. I mean, Makeshift made an exact double of Wheeljack, but they didn't even entertain for a second the idea that the Decepticons might be behind this one.
Well, they were aware that Mech was trying to build something resembling a transformer and were very close. Similarly, I don't think there would be much sense for the decepticons to go after agent Fowler, so Mech would be a logical conclusion.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #27
Grimlock4Prime
Alternator

The scene where Nemesis Prime transformed and then proceeded to lay waste to the base reminded me a lot of the 2007 movie's opening. The few lines he dropped before opening fire is very reminiscent of movie Optimus.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #28
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokar View Post
Well, they were aware that Mech was trying to build something resembling a transformer and were very close. Similarly, I don't think there would be much sense for the decepticons to go after agent Fowler, so Mech would be a logical conclusion.
Not to mention that had the Cons send the Prime copy after Arcee, I doubt they would've just left it at a simple hit and run.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #29
AP Prime
Generation 2

Any sight fr skywarp to show up?
AP Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #30
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP Prime View Post
Any sight fr skywarp to show up?
Skywarp, as of right now, is not expected to be on the show.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote