Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-17-2016, 03:56 PM   #1
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
What are your thoughts on Titans Return so far?

So now that Titans Return has been out for a while I thought I would share my thoughts and also ask what your thoughts are on the line. Likes, dislikes, etc.

For me:

I like the overall return of the headmaster gimmick, I was always a fan of the original G1 subset. Love PMOP, can't believe how they managed to bring him to life using the Ultra Magnus mold. Also of note I like that they seem to be more willing to reuse just parts of a mold to make other characters, rather than just repainting a mold and saying "tada, here is character xxx". I also like the multilevel use of the headmasters across size class.

So far individual toys I like the most are Fortress Maximus, PMOP Galvatron and Hardhead.

Dislikes:

I find the headmasters too small. I get that to use them across size class they had to go smaller, but it still bothers me. Also I am not a fan of the Titan Masters class.

I get the need/desire to have multiple levels of "play", but I think the third mode of a lot of figures takes away from the figure itself. I think they could improve a lot of the larger toys if they didn't need to shoehorn in a third mode. Also I find the build quality lacking for the smaller figures.

As for individual figures, I find Skullsmasher the worst of the lot. Floppy legs and he is a partsformer REALLY? Not sure what Hasbro was thinking with Blurry, but that colour is awful. Also, while I love most of the Galvatron mold I think the mask/helmet thing doesn't quite work.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 04:01 PM   #2
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: What are your thoughts on Titans Return so far?

Fucking awesome.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 04:16 PM   #3
optimusb39
Animated

Very inpressed with the designs overall. Some more than others. Anyone see the grnerations nightbeat shapeways mod that allows the tr headmaster to attacth to him? Makes it worth buying that mold afterall.
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 04:23 PM   #4
Larkhainan
Robot in Disguise

My main thought is I want more of them.

The third mode thing will make a little more sense when we get more triple changer voyagers. In that, I think they should have started the line with known triple-changers, but I've heard rumor Galvatron and some of the others got shifted from designs in another line.
Larkhainan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 04:32 PM   #5
PrimalEnvy
Reverse Corte

It's pretty awesome.
Old 09-17-2016, 05:34 PM   #6
Xtreme987
Metroplex

So far so good. Sure their not perfect but they are pretty good overall.

I'm tempted to pick up Legend Wheelie. His bot mode is pretty good but alt mode is terrible looking imo.

Leader PM OP I'll pick up on a decent TRU sale or pricematch @ Walmart. The only thing I dislike about him are those hollow forearms. Other than that pretty nice figure.

So far my fav of the line has to be Leader Blaster. I like him so much I just might be persuaded to pick up Soundwave too. Voyager Galvy would be my 2nd fav of the line.

The titanmasters I couldn't care any less for. Will not be buying any of those.

As for Fort Max it looks pretty good but it's a little too big for my collection & also still too pricey @ the moment so I'll probably pass on that too.

Last edited by Xtreme987; 09-17-2016 at 05:44 PM.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 05:50 PM   #7
pandaprime
aficionado!

Overall it's okay but I am bothered by non-headmaster figures now being head-masters and it bothers me more if they were supposed to be targetmasters and now they are headmasters , guess I am just old school

Also I think the small Titan masters with little vehicle are lame, hasbro should have produced more headmasters like voyager brainstorm from the previous line (which I still haven't found yet)

A positive note is more city bots

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs

Last edited by pandaprime; 09-17-2016 at 05:53 PM.
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 06:16 PM   #8
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Really liking it so far. Brought me back to grabbing some figures.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 06:46 PM   #9
Uberman
Energon

I have no idea why, but I love Chromedome more than I've loved a TF in a really long time. And there's not even nostalgia, the only Headmaster I had (have) is Snapdragon.

But that Chromedome. It's killin' me I love it so.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:11 PM   #10
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Great question!
So far, big fan. Rumble/Rewind is great and I think the third mode works. I like the look of blaster and Soundwave, but find them too large. PMOP rocks and in hand I really tend to forget about the forearms being hollow. Galvy is good. I would do the helmet and canon mod if I had him, but I will stick with Mania King. Sentinel is fun and a nice addition eho looks Prime-y without looking like an Optimus clone. Love Hardhead and Wheelie....bloody Wheelie!
Dislikes? Not much really. I don't dig the titan master line. Gimmie a proper Brawn and Apeface I say! Still, I see the appeal for some collectors and they have terrific cross play value for kids too. Mind you, the face sculpts look amazing. Skullsmasher, slightly loose, but I have heard horror stories.
I love the design aesthetic too. And, I know he isn't perfect, but so stocked to have Fort Max. Bring on Trypticon! Less hollowness on most, like Scourge looks great. Blurr is great too, except the color.
I feel like Hasbro is actually, so far, putting real effort in here to make a great line. It seems to be showing as these are flying off the pegs.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote