Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 10-11-2011, 09:36 PM   #21
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus
Re: Fansproject Causality "Insecticons"

I got my three FP 'Insecticons' today.

And after some fiddling with them, they are fantastic. I really like how they seem to be just insanely articulated, with ball joints everywhere. I would think you could pose them pretty much anyway you would like. The only thing I noticed is that Kickback doesn't seem to have a twist able waist.

The transformations seem to be a little complicated, and the plastics on these guys don't seem to be as tough or flexible as past FP items have been. They feel a little brittle, or it could also be that it seems to be thinner than I expected.

Because of this, I didn't attempt to transform them. I started to with Thundershred, but maybe it was the instructions not all that clear, coupled with the seeming fragile nature to me. I decided to just check them over and look for anything broken or stressed, and leave them in 'bot mode since I was going to display that way anyway.

I'm sure the video reviews would make transforming much easier than going by the instructions.

I didn't have any problems with the claws on Thundershred. They were tight going in, and I am glad to have that extra set just in case.

They really are a phenomenal modern take on the classic three original Insecticons.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #22
RageD
Energon

I found the plastics on thundershred rock solid and of very good quality. I think they feel better than anything hasbro has produced in awhile!

Also transform them It's well worth it. Amazing Updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akroyer View Post
I got my three FP 'Insecticons' today.

And after some fiddling with them, they are fantastic. I really like how they seem to be just insanely articulated, with ball joints everywhere. I would think you could pose them pretty much anyway you would like. The only thing I noticed is that Kickback doesn't seem to have a twist able waist.

The transformations seem to be a little complicated, and the plastics on these guys don't seem to be as tough or flexible as past FP items have been. They feel a little brittle, or it could also be that it seems to be thinner than I expected.

Because of this, I didn't attempt to transform them. I started to with Thundershred, but maybe it was the instructions not all that clear, coupled with the seeming fragile nature to me. I decided to just check them over and look for anything broken or stressed, and leave them in 'bot mode since I was going to display that way anyway.

I'm sure the video reviews would make transforming much easier than going by the instructions.

I didn't have any problems with the claws on Thundershred. They were tight going in, and I am glad to have that extra set just in case.

They really are a phenomenal modern take on the classic three original Insecticons.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:46 PM   #23
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageD View Post
I found the plastics on thundershred rock solid and of very good quality. I think they feel better than anything hasbro has produced in awhile!

Also transform them It's well worth it. Amazing Updates!
this^ they are less fragile than the rts deluxes

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:05 AM   #24
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
this^ they are less fragile than the rts deluxes
Maybe it's the feel of the slicker finish to them?? I dunno, they just didn't seem / feel like the same quality as Flameblast or Warcry.. And some sections seemed to be a little thin..

I fully admit this just could be an odd impression I'm getting from them.

And I have had no issues with anything from FP before. Everything has always been great quality. So I have no reason to actually think that these should actually be any different.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #25
Megatronimus
Beasty

Oh I hope they arent fragile. Im hoping to get Bombshell by next week.
Megatronimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:39 PM   #26
Bountyan
Cybertron

^I broke off my Bombshell's foot trying to pop it off the ball joint. Just be reasonably careful and it should be ok.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:01 PM   #27
Sideswipe
Break it down!

Has anyone received their Ca - 05 Backfiery pre-order yet from Automaton? I pre-ordered 04 and 05 but only ever recieved 04. and that was back in sept/oct. I figured they would just ship 05 when it arrived, but.......has it? There are no longer any listings in either the in stock or pre-order sections....meeessa worried.
Sideswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #28
AUTOMATON
Mariomus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideswipe View Post
Has anyone received their Ca - 05 Backfiery pre-order yet from Automaton? I pre-ordered 04 and 05 but only ever recieved 04. and that was back in sept/oct. I figured they would just ship 05 when it arrived, but.......has it? There are no longer any listings in either the in stock or pre-order sections....meeessa worried.
Please write to us directly at
info@automatontoys.com

Please also notify us with your full name in your message.

We'll solve the issue, if any. By now, all CA-05 should have shipped out.

Mario

www.automatontoys.com
AUTOMATON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:40 AM   #29
Sideswipe
Break it down!

Thanks Mario!
Sideswipe is offline   Reply With Quote