Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

View Poll Results: Pick your favorite Transformer from 2010
Animated Arcee 7 3.83%
Animated Rodimus 13 7.10%
Fansproject Bruticus upgrades 42 22.95%
Fansproject Protector 3 1.64%
Generations Darkmount 6 3.28%
Generations Drift 13 7.10%
Generations Optimus Prime 7 3.83%
Human Alliance Jazz 17 9.29%
Leader Class Starscream 14 7.65%
Masterpiece Grimlock 61 33.33%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2010, 11:34 PM   #41
BScorpinok75
Alternator
BScorpinok75's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via Yahoo to BScorpinok75
Re: Vote for the best Transformers toy of 2010

FP Bruticus Add-Ons
BScorpinok75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:19 AM   #42
onecoin
Banned

If third party is allowed shouldn't Takara versions be listed? And if you give the argument that its about the mold or it has nothing to do with versions, then MP Grimlock doesn't belong on that list cause he's from last year.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:12 AM   #43
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhawi View Post
I'd rather support licensed products rather than borderline KO companies.
Fans Project is a borderline KO company? Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecoin View Post
If third party is allowed shouldn't Takara versions be listed? And if you give the argument that its about the mold or it has nothing to do with versions, then MP Grimlock doesn't belong on that list cause he's from last year.
Most people on the boards own Hasbro stuff anyways. Takara can be considered an alternate/luxury brand.

MP Grimlock was very, very underwhelming for me. After seeing all the other MPs before it, the T-rex looks like a legends figure in terms of transformation difficulty. I know that the MP line is supposed to be cartoon accurate, but I expect something much more complex in transformation.

Voted for HA Jazz, I considered the FP Bruticus add-on kits by themselves and not with the old 2009 ROTF Bruticus Maximus bots.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:16 AM   #44
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Takara versions were open to nominations but didn't get enough votes to place in the top 10.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:25 AM   #45
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
Fans Project is a borderline KO company? Eh?
yup. its unlicensed and isn't par with hasbro and takara toys. mind you FP is REAL close. kinda like roadbots but more expensive and does feed off trademarked names. so yes it is borderline KO company.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:33 AM   #46
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhawi View Post
yup. its unlicensed and isn't par with hasbro and takara toys. mind you FP is REAL close. kinda like roadbots but more expensive and does feed off trademarked names. so yes it is borderline KO company.
I think this discussion would be best served in a different thread. Thanks.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:36 AM   #47
SMOG
zombicon

Tough call.

I have to give my vote to HUMAN ALLIANCE JAZZ.

I think it really deserves the nod... this figure just surprised me so damn much! Excellent engineering and rock-solid in both modes, despite the high level of detailing, topped off with an exquisite paint job. I don't even LIKE Bayformers in general, but this toy just oozes class, and looks fantastic displayed. Very impressed.

Tough call, but I have to give credit to a toy that made me like it in spite of myself.

I wanted to vote for MP Grimlock, because I luv him... but I've had the Takara version for almost 2 years now, so it feels wrong, even if he's one of my favourite all-time Transformers.

Anyone complaining that Grimlock's transformation is "too simple" is missing the point entirely. He gets such high marks BECAUSE his transformation is less irritating, time-consuming, and excessively, unnecessarily convoluted. MP Megatron and the Seekers suffer from an overly fussy design that makes transforming them a chore, rather than a joy... which utterly defeats the point of a transforming toy. Transformations should be innovative and sophisticated without being awkward or tedious. In short, FUN.

MP Grimlock is fun, and one of the things I like best is the fact that he can be transformed in under 3 minutes.

* Munitioner/Explorer are great little figures, but I can't hand them the laurels. For what they are, they still cost too much, and are too dependent on the other (flawed) Energon molds. My FP Bruticus (er... "Colossus") looks fantastic, but I have too many misgivings about the price, the delicacy, the integration of the accessories, etc...

* Honourable mention goes to Leader Class ROTF Starscream. I absolutely hate that chicken-monkey Starscream design with a passion... and yet, this toy is such a pleasure to hold and to transform. The undercarriage kibble is not perfect, but it's a lot more streamlined than Leader Class ROTF Jetfire, and the wide range of moving parts and gimmicks is really appealing. Besides my personal biases against this monstrosity as far as being "Starscream", I think the only other points I would subtract would be for the lackluster deco (too little on the rest of the figure, while the tattoos are just too much) and somewhat lame sound feature. They made an attempt at a G1 Starscream voice, but it comes off sounding pretty weak instead.

Still... it's quibbling, really. Looking over this list, they are for the most part, a fantastic bunch of toys!

zmog

Last edited by SMOG; 12-30-2010 at 01:54 AM.
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:14 AM   #48
Prowl_2009
A Decepticons Downfall

Generations Drift!

"Logic is the Ultimate Weapon." - Prowl

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Prowl_2009

Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook: Infinite Earths
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:59 AM   #49
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
It was based on picks from the user base of the forum, nothing more. SDCC Blaster got a vote, just not enough to qualify him in the final 10.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:31 PM   #50
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Man, tough choice, a lot of excellent Transformers to pick from.

In the end I chose FP Bruticus because of the awe factor of its combined form, the outstanding sculpts of Swindle and Blastoff, and the variety of play value you get for it.

Runner ups would be WFC Prime, HA Jazz, and FP Protector. All worthy winners in my book, but FP Bruticus just edges them out.

And I see why MP Grimlock is a favorite choice, but something about it doesn't excite me as much as some of the others.

Tags
2010, top ten list