Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-24-2011, 01:45 AM   #21
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad
Re: Problem with TRU MP Rodimus -- Broken out of package TWICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedtime View Post
I think we can all agree this is what you get for actually playing with your toys...
Yeah, that'll teach us. Hah..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:05 AM   #22
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

^except 99% of the qc issues with the figure are there before play lol

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:24 AM   #23
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

I swear I've commented on this already the other day, anyway here's what I say, again:

Re: TRU MP Rodimus - Quick Thoughts
With all the problems everyone is having and reporting I think someone should do what this video suggests:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5...feature=artist

Protoman have you got a spare Roddy you could film doing this? I'd pay to see someone do it, Maaaaan!

I think it's time for a Has/Tak MP Rodimus Mega thread, watch the video and everyone who has one and can afford it, do it. Don't forget to film it.

Last edited by The 12th Prime; 11-24-2011 at 03:26 AM. Reason: I was misquoted by me!
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:29 AM   #24
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnimus View Post
Yesterday I picked up the Hasbro TRU release of MP Rodimus. I took it gently out of the package, but the right arm didn't come with it. In the package, it had snapped off at the ratcheting shoulder joint. It was impossible to see through the box window since the fracture occurred inside the joint.

I boxed the figure up and took it back today to exchange for another one. The SAME THING happened again. Same arm. Same place.

I am very frustrated. Is this a common problem among the TRU MP Rodimus figures?

Should I try another one or try to get my money back to spend on something that doesn't cost $80 and fall apart IN the box?
Wow geez......... you now me, I have 2 of these opened (2 boxed) and I didn't have that issue at all......... maybe, JUST MAYBE, it's bad luck or a bad batch.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:27 PM   #25
rego00123
Machine War

i went through 5...yes 5! before i got one that actually held together or wasn't missing a foot or arm right out of packaging.
the one that i ended up with has a really bad bent spoiler but at least it hasn't busted.

the only "real" issues i see outside of horrible QC is engineering choices that baffle me. specifically the plastic on metal ratcheting feet. the metal eats away at the plastic every time you move the feet. eventually with "normal play" it will be so loose that he will no longer be able to stand

Last edited by rego00123; 11-24-2011 at 03:39 PM.
rego00123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #26
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Wow geez......... you now me, I have 2 of these opened (2 boxed) and I didn't have that issue at all......... maybe, JUST MAYBE, it's bad luck or a bad batch.
I have to admit, when mine broke on its shoulder, there could have been a careless moment where I might have moved the shoulder in a way that it wasn't meant to. I usually study a complex area like Rodimus' shoulder and gingerly test things out so I know how it's supposed to move. But when mine broke I neglected to study it's movements and just assumed it moved in a certain way. From my observations the movements aren't straight forward, so maybe that's what's happening in some instances, but I can't say for sure.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:45 PM   #27
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Had that happen to me with the ankle. It just snapped after moving it a few ratchets back and forth. Exchanged it and opened the new one at the store to see if that one had any issues, seemed fine. Haven't really transformed it much since and now I'm kinda scared too.

Old 11-24-2011, 06:10 PM   #28
rego00123
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
Had that happen to me with the ankle. It just snapped after moving it a few ratchets back and forth. Exchanged it and opened the new one at the store to see if that one had any issues, seemed fine. Haven't really transformed it much since and now I'm kinda scared too.

exactly what happened with my first rodimus...the foot literally just fell off of at that spot out of package. i didnt even transform him. my second one was broken in the red plastic hinge piece with the pin through it.

its possible they way in which he is packaged causes the foot to "wobble" around stressing the plastic before its even played with. that is all i could really think of

Last edited by rego00123; 11-24-2011 at 06:13 PM.
rego00123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:41 PM   #29
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post

its possible they way in which he is packaged causes the foot to "wobble" around stressing the plastic before its even played with. that is all i could really think of
OR.... the people transforming these things for packaging or the people doing the packaging of the figure being careless and just jamming the figure in, and when it breaks, they just stuff the piece in and move on.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:45 PM   #30
Batman
The Dark Knight

Seems like the red plastic doesn't have the strength to support the joints on the figure. Lots of dudes on TFW had the same problem.