Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #11
Gaetznes
Cassetticon
Re: Arcade Machines, anyone collect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
A relative of mine had the Space Invaders arcade machine... When they moved, the machine was moved to my parents' house and is still there. We haven't turned it on in years... It is rather loud (as Sarmick01 noted)
You know they all have some type of volume control. SI, I'd believe even has it on the pcb.

If it hasn't been on in years. I'd think it may need a cap kit on the monitor. If you turn it on and nothing happens. Please do not throw in the garbage. It could be as simple as a fuse, or somehthing more complex. either way someone would pay good money.

To reply to another statement. Depending on location. No cabinet working or other wise should cost more then $500 if it was produced from the 70-90's. With a few exception like certain cockpits, or other rare and very sought after games.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #12
Gaetznes
Cassetticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markusmaxmus View Post
I bin to castco the last few weeks and the have in system there for 2400.00 that i keep on eye-balling just because it has bobble bobble on it. Wife say it my money lol

http://www.costco.com/Chicago-Gaming....11738467.html

That is gross. On the other hand. If your looking to have all the classics and not a pc mame set up. You could pick up a working golden tee cabinet for less then $500 on CL or Kijiji. It should be wired Jamma. Then go pick your self up a ArcadeSD board. It will give you all the classics. The board is also update-able.

http://phoenixarcade.com/ArcadeSD.htm

Boom, you've now spent less then $1000, vs $2500. Maybe a little more hands on. Still every expensive in my eyes. But at this point i'm really being truly biased.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #13
steamwhistle
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaetznes View Post
You know they all have some type of volume control. SI, I'd believe even has it on the pcb.
Thanks for the tip... One day (hopefully soon), I'll try to "steal" it from my parents -- they wouldn't miss it anyway. And then I'll have to look into the volume control. I guess they would have to have it set to "blaring" if it was set up in an arcade. I never even tried looking for a volume control before.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #14
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

I have a working 1942 table top, a 4-slot Neo Geo stand-up (sadly the monitor needs to be replaced) with a decent assortment of games and a empty Gauntlet cabinet with joysticks that I plan to one day mame-ify. Oh and a Ghouls n Ghosts conversion board that I would love to one day setup in it's own cabinet with all the properly restored labels, etc.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #15
Gaetznes
Cassetticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
Thanks for the tip... One day (hopefully soon), I'll try to "steal" it from my parents -- they wouldn't miss it anyway. And then I'll have to look into the volume control. I guess they would have to have it set to "blaring" if it was set up in an arcade. I never even tried looking for a volume control before.
I'm assuming it mono. If in the case it is. You could also solder in a pot. http://www.wikihow.com/Wire-a-Potentiometer

Then you could control the volume from a second point. Say the coin door. That way you wouldn't have to move the cabinet each time to adjust the volume.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #16
Gaetznes
Cassetticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
I have a working 1942 table top, a 4-slot Neo Geo stand-up (sadly the monitor needs to be replaced) with a decent assortment of games and a empty Gauntlet cabinet with joysticks that I plan to one day mame-ify. Oh and a Ghouls n Ghosts conversion board that I would love to one day setup in it's own cabinet with all the properly restored labels, etc.
Nice on the 1942. 4 Slot. So that means, most likely at 25" or 27" k7000 series monitor. Tell me your plans with it, I may beable to give some advice.

Which Gauntlet? Also what province are you in? I could have a buyer lined up for you if its the first gauntlet. Implying your willing to sell and are close enough.

Gn'G conversion. Do you know what it was converted from? I have one that is having a sprite issue. I have yet to determine if its a rom issue (to lazy to burn a set) or if its a logic ic issue (Still haven't bothered to purchases a logic probe).
Old 11-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #17
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

I have a Super Pac-man cabinet with Twin Eagle and a Turtles in time cabinet with Street Fighter 2 CE. Both are in need of restoration but I haven't had the time/money.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #18
Gaetznes
Cassetticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkamanraiden View Post
I have a Super Pac-man cabinet with Twin Eagle and a Turtles in time cabinet with Street Fighter 2 CE. Both are in need of restoration but I haven't had the time/money.
Do you ever plan on de-converting either cabinet? I might add that i'm looking for a TMNT and TiT pcb. I figure if you had those, they'd be in the TiT cab already lol.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #19
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaetznes View Post
Nice on the 1942. 4 Slot. So that means, most likely at 25" or 27" k7000 series monitor. Tell me your plans with it, I may beable to give some advice.

Which Gauntlet? Also what province are you in? I could have a buyer lined up for you if its the first gauntlet. Implying your willing to sell and are close enough.

Gn'G conversion. Do you know what it was converted from? I have one that is having a sprite issue. I have yet to determine if its a rom issue (to lazy to burn a set) or if its a logic ic issue (Still haven't bothered to purchases a logic probe).
For the NEO cab, right now my bro is working to get the caps replaced on the monitor mobo. I'm hoping that fixes the issue it has when you turn it on the screen collapses to a horizontal white line.

I'm in Ontario, but the Gauntlet cabinet was mutilated, whomever owned it last painted the exterior blue the only remnants of Gauntlet are the Atari logo bezel and small plaque on the inside identifying it as a Gauntlet cabinet by Atari. It looks like it was last used as converted NEO GEO as it has the usual 4-button layout and a samurai showdown move list under the plexi-glass console.

The GNG I believe was converted from a SF2T Hyper Fighting, but I don't know for certain. Shamefully I have not tried it yet myself as I don't have a supergun and my 1942 isn't jamma.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:25 PM   #20
Gaetznes
Cassetticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
For the NEO cab, right now my bro is working to get the caps replaced on the monitor mobo. I'm hoping that fixes the issue it has when you turn it on the screen collapses to a horizontal white line.
That, be vertical collapse. Cap Kit is a good start. I hope that, that takes care of the issue. So you don't have to go back in.

Here is a drawn out video that does its best to describe a similar issue to what you are having. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz28ATC-PE8

Its a little long winded.

Sorry to hear about the Gauntlet cabinet. That would have been crazy awesome, if it wasn't butchered.

Yeah I think 1942 is its own set up or Classic Konami pinout. Not 100% on that though.