Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-18-2010, 11:18 AM   #61
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag
Re: Arcee, Chromia, Elita-1... combiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Ok, I just got my Elita-1, and after an hour or so of fiddling, this is what I came up with with one big cheat. See if you can spot it. And yes it does stand on it's own.
Is the cheat using more than three twins?

Either way I think that looks pretty nice.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:24 PM   #62
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Galvatron View Post
Is the cheat using more than three twins?

Either way I think that looks pretty nice.
No, there are just three 'twins' there. The cheat is I had to swap sides for chromia's arms to get the more symetrical look. The chromia molds would have been perfect if they were mirrors of each other. And it all actually holds together really well once I figured out how connectors worked. I can shake the whole thing pretty good and it won't fall apart.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:43 PM   #63
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
No, there are just three 'twins' there. The cheat is I had to swap sides for chromia's arms to get the more symetrical look. The chromia molds would have been perfect if they were mirrors of each other. And it all actually holds together really well once I figured out how connectors worked. I can shake the whole thing pretty good and it won't fall apart.
Hmm...I like it a lot. Any interest in posting instructions for us?
Old 09-19-2010, 04:52 AM   #64
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Galvatron View Post
Hmm...I like it a lot. Any interest in posting instructions for us?
I'll give you some verbal instructions now and if you need photos, I'll try and take some. but the only camera I have is on my phone so it's kind of blurry anyway.

But any way here it goes.

1 - Have all three of the figures in bot mode. See my pics above on how Arcee's spine is twisted so her chest is pretty much over her wheels.

2 - Fold Arcee's left arm behind her head so her windshield is positioned over her head like a hood.

3- Fold her right hand up and tuck her whole right arm to her side and back a little.

4 - For which ever one of either Chromia or Elita-1 you want to be on the leftside, pop the arms off at the shoulder and swap them. (This is the cheat I use). I used Chromia on the left side so swap her arms around.

5 - For Chromia and Elita-1 split their chests like you do when you transform them and tuck away their heads.

6 - Now connect the three of them using the connector pegs. There's a small trick to connecting the figures properly so they don't just fall apart. When you have all three connected, you have to push them so they open up a small triangualar opening at the center of the connections. If there isn't a hole in the middle of connection point, the figures aren't connected properly and will flop apart.

7 - Now, for the most part, it's just fiddling with things to put them in place. Fold the two big cannon arms sections of Elita-1 and Chromia toward arcee's side. You should be able to tuck the shoulders into place and they'll hold there. It won't be like they're pegged in but for display and fiddling a little they'll hold in place fine enough. If the ball joints for Elita-1 and Chromia's chest sections are stiff, the arms won't flop around at all.

8 - Fold Chromia and Elita-1's spines and bottom wheels down and behind Arcee's spine so they over lap each other a little. This will add support for keeping everything in place, and it gets them out of the way.

9 - Finally fold everything else in the back close together so it forms a bit of a backpack with a wheel sticking up over her head. This part is entirely up to you how you want it. It a bit messy back there but you can tuck arms away fairly neatly, and it adds bulk to her shoulders and body. How you do it doesn't matter. It's just folding stuff up.

Now you're done. Eventhough she's a bit back heavy, combined arcee should stand using regular arcee's foot stand if you have everything tucked right.

That's the best way I can describe what I did. It's really not that hard.

Goodluck.

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 09-19-2010 at 04:56 AM.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:21 PM   #65
bruisedlee
Robot in Disguise

Thanks for the photos and instructions. That looks much better than what I came up with.

I didn't swap the arms on either figure though. I find it looks cool with one arm extended out to shoot and the other back near the hip.

2010 Reissue Predaking, Cybertron Starscream, Marvel Cross Overs.....

Check out my feedback thread!
bruisedlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:54 PM   #66
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I have just given up on the idea that these were ever supposed to combine.

It shouldn't be that hard...
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:37 PM   #67
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
I'll give you some verbal instructions now and if you need photos, I'll try and take some. but the only camera I have is on my phone so it's kind of blurry anyway.

But any way here it goes.

1 - Have all three of the figures in bot mode. See my pics above on how Arcee's spine is twisted so her chest is pretty much over her wheels.

2 - Fold Arcee's left arm behind her head so her windshield is positioned over her head like a hood.

3- Fold her right hand up and tuck her whole right arm to her side and back a little.

4 - For which ever one of either Chromia or Elita-1 you want to be on the leftside, pop the arms off at the shoulder and swap them. (This is the cheat I use). I used Chromia on the left side so swap her arms around.

5 - For Chromia and Elita-1 split their chests like you do when you transform them and tuck away their heads.

6 - Now connect the three of them using the connector pegs. There's a small trick to connecting the figures properly so they don't just fall apart. When you have all three connected, you have to push them so they open up a small triangualar opening at the center of the connections. If there isn't a hole in the middle of connection point, the figures aren't connected properly and will flop apart.

7 - Now, for the most part, it's just fiddling with things to put them in place. Fold the two big cannon arms sections of Elita-1 and Chromia toward arcee's side. You should be able to tuck the shoulders into place and they'll hold there. It won't be like they're pegged in but for display and fiddling a little they'll hold in place fine enough. If the ball joints for Elita-1 and Chromia's chest sections are stiff, the arms won't flop around at all.

8 - Fold Chromia and Elita-1's spines and bottom wheels down and behind Arcee's spine so they over lap each other a little. This will add support for keeping everything in place, and it gets them out of the way.

9 - Finally fold everything else in the back close together so it forms a bit of a backpack with a wheel sticking up over her head. This part is entirely up to you how you want it. It a bit messy back there but you can tuck arms away fairly neatly, and it adds bulk to her shoulders and body. How you do it doesn't matter. It's just folding stuff up.

Now you're done. Eventhough she's a bit back heavy, combined arcee should stand using regular arcee's foot stand if you have everything tucked right.

That's the best way I can describe what I did. It's really not that hard.

Goodluck.
Thank you!! I will give this a shot asap.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:13 AM   #68
Jeem
Energon

Uhh... did we all get Eff'ed in the A with this?

I purposely got a three a while back and have been sitting on them, waiting for the instructions to come out.

I'd I miss it or was it all a tease?

Woot woot! My own Feedback thread!: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=24846

My For Sale thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=51577
Jeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:12 AM   #69
Hobbyist Prime
King of the Scratchbuild
Hobbyist Prime's Ebay Auctions

Isn't she from the end of the remake of the fly when the fly gets fused with the teleporter?
Hobbyist Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:48 AM   #70
Badgertron
Robot Master
Send a message via MSN to Badgertron

"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb."

This Valentines Day, say it with napalm.
Badgertron is offline   Reply With Quote