Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-08-2022, 08:11 AM   #11081
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
Are there any well-recommended package forwarding services from US to Canada? I just realized the Christmas gift I wanted to buy my girlfriend doesn't ship internationally. Cost is a concern, but luckily shipping is free within the US so I would only need to pay for the shipping to Canada. Doubt this will happen in time for Christmas now, but her birthday's not far off lol
I use Reship sometimes to get Neca convention exclusives that don't ship to Canada.

Reship however is very expensive.
My Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=20919

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21836
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 01:02 PM   #11082
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Ah, I'll keep that in mind as an option at least.
Old 12-10-2022, 11:11 PM   #11083
timcrook
Cybertron

I saw on a3u's web site mention a new store location, "regent street". Anyone know where that is? Or what city? I did an internet search and got London England.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221210-190241_Chrome.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	53040  
Old 12-11-2022, 12:01 AM   #11084
pandaprime
aficionado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcrook View Post
I saw on a3u's web site mention a new store location, "regent street". Anyone know where that is? Or what city? I did an internet search and got London England.

My guess is in Richmond but the street is mostly residential and the one in Burnaby is mostly industrial.

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs

Last edited by pandaprime; 12-11-2022 at 12:04 AM.
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 12:31 AM   #11085
RocketGTR
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcrook View Post
It's going to be in North Burnaby where there warehouse is located.
Old 12-13-2022, 12:03 AM   #11086
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Man, I just opened Legacy Armada Starscream, and I can say as someone who owns the Thrilling 30 deluxe, it is not worth it. Sure, the articulation is maybe a little better, but the plastic just feels so cheap.

I usually feel like it's hyperbole when people complain about dollar-store quality but this really does feel like that or a model kit or something, not a figure meant to be transformed repeatedly, and especially for children. Feels brittle and flimsy, like it would shatter if it fell off the shelf. Hasbro's usual soft plastic in crucial spots seems entirely absent here.

Ironically there's nothing wrong with it out of the package other than being a little loose in some of the joints which are all pins, but it doesn't have the usual QC flaws or instantly broken bits...YET.

Anyways, I don't normally complain about figures, but I figure if someone's on the fence about it, I'd steer clear unless you're a completionist or don't have any other representation of the character in your collection. Or maybe if it's deeply-discounted.

Looks cool, pretty good details and some decent updates to the design, but yikes. Even the cheapest of the old scout and legends class figures feel better than this.
Old 12-16-2022, 10:00 PM   #11087
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Does anyone else keep losing the foot fillers for their (Red) Cog? I drop the thing a few times because the torso peg is loose and that foot filler darts off more often than not. I don't even realize it's missing most of the time until well after.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 08:27 AM   #11088
Harry Prime
Post and roll out!!

Thanks for the info, i was a little on the fence. I like that he is voyager size, but other than that I'll stick with my T30.
Harry Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 08:30 AM   #11089
Harry Prime
Post and roll out!!

Anyone else wondering who is going to take up TF comics in the new year? I haven't seen any news about it yet.
Harry Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 11:26 AM   #11090
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
Man, I just opened Legacy Armada Starscream, and I can say as someone who owns the Thrilling 30 deluxe, it is not worth it. Sure, the articulation is maybe a little better, but the plastic just feels so cheap.

I usually feel like it's hyperbole when people complain about dollar-store quality but this really does feel like that or a model kit or something, not a figure meant to be transformed repeatedly, and especially for children. Feels brittle and flimsy, like it would shatter if it fell off the shelf. Hasbro's usual soft plastic in crucial spots seems entirely absent here.

Ironically there's nothing wrong with it out of the package other than being a little loose in some of the joints which are all pins, but it doesn't have the usual QC flaws or instantly broken bits...YET.

Anyways, I don't normally complain about figures, but I figure if someone's on the fence about it, I'd steer clear unless you're a completionist or don't have any other representation of the character in your collection. Or maybe if it's deeply-discounted.

Looks cool, pretty good details and some decent updates to the design, but yikes. Even the cheapest of the old scout and legends class figures feel better than this.
oh wow
thanks for the heads up.
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote