Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-17-2011, 07:28 PM   #21
bedtime
Nexus Maximus
Re: Public Transportation to TFcon 2011

i dont want to be rude, but tfcon doesnt owe you any favors... its up to you to get to where you want to go, tfcon or otherwise. they've done a lot to help you out already!
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:39 PM   #22
Black Cat
Animated

There is a discounted fare if you're using GO and Mississauga Transit.

And yes, unless you are in Mississauga, it does take more than one system to get to the hotel.

GO Transit fares are dependent on your age and whether you are buying a single ride ticket, two ride ticket, etc.
TTC is again dependent on age, but cost is $3 for an adult, single ride, but you can obtain a transfer and change buses, so long as you don't go backwards on the route, and only for 2 hours. 5 tokens/tickets for an adult is $12.50.
Mississauga Transit is again $3 a ride (although it seems to be $2.50 now with a PRESTO e-purse), with the ticket valid for 2 hours. 5 tickets is $12.50.
All this information can be found on their websites.

There is no mention of time because depending on what time of day you're using these routes, it could take an hour, it could take up to 3. The websites can estimate the time, but traffic will always change that.

And coming from the east doesn't say much. There are many cities east of Mississauga, and depending on where from the east, there could be multiple routes.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:38 PM   #23
RavageX-9
Generation 2
RavageX-9's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedtime View Post
i dont want to be rude, but
but you're going to anyway.

This new location is a cluster-@#$%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
There is a discounted fare if you're using GO and Mississauga Transit.

And yes, unless you are in Mississauga, it does take more than one system to get to the hotel.

GO Transit fares are dependent on your age and whether you are buying a single ride ticket, two ride ticket, etc.
TTC is again dependent on age, but cost is $3 for an adult, single ride, but you can obtain a transfer and change buses, so long as you don't go backwards on the route, and only for 2 hours. 5 tokens/tickets for an adult is $12.50.
Mississauga Transit is again $3 a ride (although it seems to be $2.50 now with a PRESTO e-purse), with the ticket valid for 2 hours. 5 tickets is $12.50.
All this information can be found on their websites.
It's deciphering the websites that's the challenge.

What's an e-purse? Is that something only GTA residents would have?

Does the GO train only go West-bound? This schedule seems to suggest so. I guess that's why the trip there is 1 hour and the trip back is 2 hours.

Quote:
There is no mention of time because depending on what time of day you're using these routes, it could take an hour, it could take up to 3. The websites can estimate the time, but traffic will always change that.
Well, at least the trains aren't effected by that.

Quote:
And coming from the east doesn't say much. There are many cities east of Mississauga, and depending on where from the east, there could be multiple routes.
I should have just said downtown Toronto. Someone coming from the west or south-west would be coming through Mississauga.
RavageX-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #24
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageX-9 View Post
Does the GO train only go West-bound? This schedule seems to suggest so. I guess that's why the trip there is 1 hour and the trip back is 2 hours.
I should have just said downtown Toronto. Someone coming from the west or south-west would be coming through Mississauga.
Milton train-bus is a train on weekdays rush hour, in the direction of the "rush" only (i.e. towards Toronto in the morning, and away in the evening). On off peak times and on weekends and holidays the service is only a bus, as the ridership does not justify a train.

If you look at the schedule, trains are in green, and buses are in yellow, letting you know which it will be that you're taking.

Oh, and taking the train daily, while it's immune to traffic, it can have its own delays (signal issues, weighting on freight trains, medical emergencies).

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!

Last edited by Bruticus82; 07-17-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #25
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

ok, i'll try and be helpful this time. you say you're coming from downtown toronto? use http://www.myttc.ca to see how to get from union station (or any other subway stop, etc) to islington station. then go to http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/miway and plan a trip from islington subway station to the address of the delta meadowvale... its a little bit tricky, but overall i think the directions are pretty easy to follow. this is how i'll be getting there and i'm pretty confident that i'll pull it off without much trouble.
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:50 PM   #26
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:

Not to mention that there's also fewer buses on Sunday.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #27
Black Cat
Animated

Quote:
It's deciphering the websites that's the challenge.
What's the challenge? Go to the website, and click on fares.

Quote:
What's an e-purse? Is that something only GTA residents would have?
https://www.prestocard.ca/en/

Quote:
How does a train only go westbound? It needs to get back to the other station somehow. They go back and forth. Trip times are usually determined by what times you've chosen. Rush hour times will always make the trip longer.

Quote:
Well, at least the trains aren't effected by that.
Trains are susceptible to delays.

Quote:
People coming from the west or southwest have to find ways to get to the hotel. Only difference is if they use the routes posted, they will have passed the hotel. And sometimes that may be required depending on their transit choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedtime View Post
ok, i'll try and be helpful this time. you say you're coming from downtown toronto? use http://www.myttc.ca to see how to get from union station (or any other subway stop, etc) to islington station. then go to http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/miway and plan a trip from islington subway station to the address of the delta meadowvale... its a little bit tricky, but overall i think the directions are pretty easy to follow. this is how i'll be getting there and i'm pretty confident that i'll pull it off without much trouble.
That route is also on the first post of this thread. So it's even easier!

Last edited by Black Cat; 07-17-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:06 PM   #28
RavageX-9
Generation 2

Quote:
What's the challenge? Go to the website, and click on fares.
One challenge is trying to find out how to tell Mississauga's website that I want to go to Islington station. It apparently isn't a landmark, so I'll have to find a specific address or stop # for it.

I did a google search and found it.
3286 BLOOR ST W
Also, the website's very, very, very particular about how you type it. Only type in the street name "BLOOR", not "ST or Street" or the number address or anything. It wants to autocomplete it for you.

Oh, the stop # is also on the TFCon transportation info. stop #0801

Damnit. I've been at this for hours.

So it's only for people who would would use it more than a couple times. (either people who live in the GTA, or people who want to go sight-seeing.)

Last edited by RavageX-9; 07-17-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:27 PM   #29
Black Cat
Animated

Quote:
One challenge is trying to find out how to tell Mississauga's website that I want to go to Islington station. It apparently isn't a landmark, so I'll have to find a specific address or stop # for it.
Landmark. Under type, pick subway. Islington subway will appear under that. The directions from Islington station are also in the first post of this thread. I cannot make it any simpler for you.

Quote:
So it's only for people who would would use it more than a couple times. (either people who live in the GTA, or people who want to go sight-seeing.)
There's an Ottawa transit line listed there. Ottawa is not in the GTA.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:53 PM   #30
RavageX-9
Generation 2

Quote:
Landmark. Under type, pick subway. Islington subway will appear under that. The directions from Islington station are also in the first post of this thread. I cannot make it any simpler for you.
Well I've been at this for HOURS. It's easy to miss that in all the details. That's why I was posting here.
Also, the directions in the first post are for one way, so I had to look up a travel plan for a return trip on a Sunday. It doesn't seem to use the same buses.

Quote:
There's an Ottawa transit line listed there. Ottawa is not in the GTA.
Well, it says that's not until spring 2012, and it might not be that useful if you use a bus pass instead.