Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-20-2022, 01:42 AM   #321
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Outrun Collectibles - No longer in business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpulator View Post
It's funny now to read the comments from the first 10 pages or so and how people were quite satisfied and supportive... I'm also surprised people really believed that health problem excuse. The guy was clearly trying to buy some time.
I went back to read through the thread as well as I kept seeing it on the latest threads list as I?d been ignoring it until now. I didn?t have any business dealings with this shop but it was interesting to see the timeline with hindsight and when things really took a turn. I?m never crazy about paying for a pre order up front, a nominal deposit yes. I also do think the shop owners biggest mistake was being too aggressive too fast with opening a brick and mortar store on top of the online one. I feel it?s best to build one thing at a time, get the wrinkles worked out then the next step. I definitely have sympathy for all involved and hope there is some resolution very soon.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 10:54 AM   #322
CJazz
Mini-Con

This is my first time posting anything here, but I'm in the same boat as well. I had like 3 orders as part of the save and continue program spread across almost a year now and one preorder, but since they were all made more than 90 days ago, my credit card company said there's nothing they could do about it, so now I have no idea what to do.
CJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 10:55 AM   #323
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangard Ace View Post
PayPal just refunded me fully.
Glad to hear. I received an email from PayPal with them asking for more information that they already have so on the phone with them now
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 11:07 AM   #324
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

So they have what they need and will hear their decision within 10 days which SHOULD be a no brainer as he won't/can't provide proof of delivery.
Old 11-22-2022, 04:18 PM   #325
chin0bo
Generation 1

Hey guys I was in the same boat. First few deals with this guy was great. But I had about 300 bucks worth of preorders. I got a full refund cause I did my payment through sezzle.
chin0bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 05:57 PM   #326
ngnaw
Armada

I feel bad for you guys. Not something anyone needs to deal with. The only "scolding" (advice) I can give you guys after reading this whole thread IS TO NEVER TRUST ANYONE ON THE INTERNET!!!

On a certain level, you only have yourself to blame. If your gut tells you something is off, seller is making excuses, if you value your money more than the toy, then cancel the preorder before your time to get your money back is expired... If you see the seller is trying to go past that and making excuses file a claim with Paypal and forget about the toy or don't full pay a preorder...

I was made fun of for pre ordering on Amazon cause they said they weren't reliable, well there's 0 risk with my money so that's why I chose them. Business is business no one cares about you! Think about yourself and your hard earned cash, fuck the business whether their local or not, you'll avoid many headaches.

Think about it, you want to buy something from a store, why should you put 100% of the risk on a full pay preorder? Don't you think the store should be the one as it's them that wants to sell it to YOU??? I'd stay clear of any store that does that.

Still feel bad for you guys though... Lesson learned the hard way.
Old 11-30-2022, 11:19 AM   #327
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

So if it actually goes through I will receive a refund for my last order from them as PayPal closed the case in my favour. I'll just have to keep an eye out over the next 5 to 30 days to see if the money goes back onto my card. My first case was 10 days outside of the 180 day limit so that is gone but at least I did all that I could do.
Old 12-04-2022, 03:40 AM   #328
predahank
Storing is hoarding

So PP refunded me on the stuff I ordered during the POS’s last “sale” since it was within the dispute window. My preorders that were outside the window are pending a claim with my CC. They told me no gurantees but file the claim anyways
predahank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 11:52 AM   #329
Malechai
Machine War

visa gave me my money back so taking it as a christmas win
Malechai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 07:22 PM   #330
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

So the refund from PayPal showed up on my card so I did get something back at least.