Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-30-2016, 07:48 PM   #31
Pgianos
Banned
Re: "I only want complete figures" and other hurdles of selling.

I love it when they say 99 percent complete... Lol...how'd you calculate that number bc missing 1/4 accessories is 75 percent complete
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:52 AM   #32
xbrawn
Banned

buy MISB or MIB or expect missing peices esp missles...

and damage...

theres a reason most dealers have a junk bin cheap of stuff thats inexpensive or incomplete at cons.
xbrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 01:59 AM   #33
steamwhistle
Crossover

The important thing is for both buyers and sellers to be clear and open about condition and completeness of figures, prior to agreeing to terms and completing the transaction.

As a seller, if a buyer claims to want something that is 100% complete, I won't pretend that what I'm selling is 100% complete. I will list what's missing, and/or everything with which it comes.

As a buyer, if I want something complete, I will ask for MISB or MIB (and expect the figure to be complete with all accessories, stickers, instructions, just as it was package in factory -- but maybe without some original interior packaging if not sealed), or ask for "Complete" (with or without box), and expect all accessories and perhaps instructions, about which I would ask.

It is wrong for a seller, after terms are agreed, to say "hey, it's missing one of the extra missiles, but it's not a big deal".

It is wrong for a buyer, after terms are agreed, to say "hey, it doesn't have the plastic frame the guns were attached to, so I'll pay you $20 less if you still want to sell".

Just be clear, on both sides. If you're selling, and you know the buyer wants "complete", list all the accessories. If you're a buyer and you want complete, list and ask about everything you expect. Both sides will appreciate the clarity. And then, don't change the terms after an agreement is made. Simple.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 02:12 PM   #34
xbrawn
Banned

And in kijiji, always get pics of both molds, I had a major trade fail because I bought a first edition Starscream only to discover it had a giant scratch on one of the wings the seller had neglected to mention.
xbrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:30 PM   #35
CanBot
Cybertron

Communication is the key here. Sellers also need thick skin to deal with tire-kickers. I've made my share of faux-pas over the years, both buying and selling. But most of these things are manners...either you learned them or you didn't. As long as the seller clearly indicates what they have for sale, the prospects can say or do what they want, because unless they buy, they're pretty much meaningless. Get to the point and carry on. This is business, lol.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:26 PM   #36
Stormrave
Machine War

The basic moral of the story is don't act like a horse's arse. Respect the other person.

It's perfectly fine to only want to buy complete, as long as you accept that many toys won't be and it's not appropriate to badger or shame the sellers who aren't selling complete items, so long as those sellers in turn are honest about what is and isn't included in their item for sale, and what shape it's in.

A lot of my stuff isn't complete any more...because in my 20s I was on the road a lot, with my toys in one bag and my other belongings in another. It sure isn't mint. But it's been through the wars with me

I also lost a number of weapons and accessories to the psycho cat from hell. You know you love your pets when they eat bits off your toys and survive unscathed.

Being old is great, I have my own house, with my own glass-fronted cat-proof cabinets, to keep my toys in.
Stormrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:41 PM   #37
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
I love it when they say 99 percent complete... Lol...how'd you calculate that number bc missing 1/4 accessories is 75 percent complete
I think you lose 1% per accessory missing. Meaning a toy can have a maximum of 100 accessories. Or something like that.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 01:32 PM   #38
Janitor
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I think you lose 1% per accessory missing. Meaning a toy can have a maximum of 100 accessories. Or something like that.
Not quite, I think it just looks better for the seller (and makes things easier instead of doing the actual math) when the listing deducts 1 "per cent" per missing accessory.
Missing 1 accessory = "99% complete"
Missing 2 accessories = "98% complete"
And so on...
No accessories = "body only"

I've even seen it go higher than 100% ie. extra guns/missiles tossed in = "110% complete" lol
Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:17 AM   #39
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janitor View Post
I've even seen it go higher than 100% ie. extra guns/missiles tossed in = "110% complete" lol
I've only ever seen this when they are including the paperwork and/or packaging.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:52 AM   #40
blindsorcerer
Generation 1

The people that irks me are
1) people who show up short on money
2) the one that ask a zillions different way what's your lowest price and refuse to make any offers.

As a buyer I want mostly complete because finding that elusive gun or launcher is so expensive, but if something isn't to my liking I don't pester buyers. I just move on.

I had extremely positive transaction on this board. Very much less so on Kijiji and Facebook.

See you at TFCON !!
Cheers
Blindsorcerer
blindsorcerer is offline   Reply With Quote