Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-14-2011, 07:15 PM   #1
Nullray
IGC
Good deal?

I was out and about today and bumped into a guy that had a couple G1 bots for sale. Trypticon and a Sixshot. So the Sixshot looks extremely clean and chrome is in great shape. He is missing both guns. I am not sure what he comes with complete.
Trypticon is missing his head pylon and chest plate. I am not sure what he has that would make him complete. He is asking $140 for the pair. Is this a good deal and how do I spot knockoffs? Any help would be appreciated.
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #2
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions
Re: Good deal?

Sixshot came with 2 expensive guns. He was reissued a few years back. Trypticon came with a bunch of accessories. Unless he has them, I would pass. He'll cost a kidney to complete.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:33 AM   #3
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

incomplete? pass. trypticon will be well over 200 to complete alone, and sixshot's guns, around 50

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:12 AM   #4
Ozrein
Stunticon

Check out www.tfu.info and look up the two figures, it'll show you what each figure comes with and you can compare the list of accessories with what is included with the figures you're being offered. If most or all the accessories are missing, it's not a good deal, like others said above.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:26 AM   #5
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

The rare parts for Trypticon are the Chest Shield(Full TIlt - he transforms himself) as well as the Blunt tank parts. You would also have to be suire that he works.

I got a fully functional Trypticon with Full Tilt, ramps and a couple Blunt treads for $50 earlier this year if thats any help. Basically Full Tilt and Blunt together are worth more than the actually Trypticon body is.

As for Six Shot, I got a nice one without his pricey guns for $50 at TFcon. Cheapest complete one I saw was $110 with $135 being the most expensive.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:52 AM   #6
justprime
Animated

I wouldn't lay out more than 100.00 if there both in top notch shape,chrome decals etc with electronics working and the leg gears not stripped out on tripticon check sixshot out as he has been KO'd and there are vary good copies of this being passed off as originals.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:18 AM   #7
Plainsjumper
Machine War

For me, if it was near the top of my list for must-haves for a personal collection I'd counter offer for Sixshot alone if I could verify that it was authentic. Then, keeping in mind that I'd be keeping it for myself only, I would grab a pair of KO'ed guns for a complete looking figure. For me an incomplete genuine Tripticon wouldn't be worth the hassle.

I guess the question you have to ask yourself is how much do you value complete original figures, and then ask how much trouble you're willing to go through to complete Six and Trip with genuine parts if you want them--this is also assuming you're able to tell if the figures are genuine or not.
Plainsjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #8
Absurdity_Prime
Banned

I would not recommend picking them up. You can get them at a better price. If they were complete that would be a different story & a higher price.
Absurdity_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:53 AM   #9
Pascal
Banned

Thinking about it, wasn't Trypticon the first ever Breastmaster?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #10
Janitor
Classic

Like everyone's saying, $140 may be a bit high for both. While Sixshot's guns may be a little pricier, tbh they aren't that hard to track down (compared to say...the JR Headmaster's antenna pistols )

And iirc with the Sixshot KOs out there, you can definitely tell with it's off colours.

If you do decide to nab Trypticon, I have an extra Full Tilt (the "chest plate"/car guy) for sale, hit me up! <shameless plug>
Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote