Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 06-30-2011, 04:05 AM   #71
pulsedragon20
I win
Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon Review Thread (Spoilers)

The best movie of the three and TFTM & ROTF combined! I expected Shockwave to do more and Ironhide to die later like Jazz did in TFTM.

The movie reminded me of Megatron's Master Plan and The Ultimate Doom combined, which is probably why the movie actually had a plot for once!
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:37 AM   #72
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl. Chrissandwich View Post
II just want to know why Optimus killed Megs, and how he did it.
Optimus is down and Sentinel has torn off one of his arms. Sentinel is about to finish off Optimus. Megatron Saves Optimus by shooting Sentinel in the back mortally wounding him. Optimus thanks Megatron by tearing off his head Mortal Kombat style. Optimus picks up a gun and executes a defenseless and mortally wounded Sentinel with a point blank shot to the head.

Totally brutal.

No joke.
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:31 AM   #73
alternatorfan
g1 baby

all this blah, blah, blahing all three movies were good. although 1 and 3 were they best and dont really make sense for 2 but saying that I watched all the trailers, spoilers if you will for 1 and 2 that when I saw the toys. did not spend so much time on finding out what was going on with 3 and in my opinion made it better. and was truly shocked when sentinel offed iron hide. and on that note when megatron says to prime "where would you be without me" hencs I thought a truce was surely plause able here and could continue as a G1 esque plot. awesome movie glad it is done. now the autobots can live free on earth.

oh yeah on a side note how many times does megatron have to die before we see the new villan GALVATRON?

Last edited by alternatorfan; 06-30-2011 at 05:34 AM.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:14 AM   #74
Absurdity_Prime
Banned

Let me start by saying this, haters going to hate!

Saying that, I really enjoyed this movie and I felt it was a good fit when compared to the first movie. The action was non-stop and the surprises were great! The g1 throwbacks were nice (the ultimate doom and Megatron's Master Plan). If this is the last TF movie I feel it ended on a good note.

I wish a little more was done with shockwave and that megatrons defeat didnt look so easy, but all in all a great and entertaining movie!
Absurdity_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:27 AM   #75
Perceptor
Alternator

Is this movie selling out in GTA? Should I pre-buy tickets if I want to see it?
Old 06-30-2011, 02:08 PM   #76
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

While I've enjoyed all three movies for what they were, all of them, DOTM included, have had something that just makes them "wrong" on so many levels. In this film, for me, it was the Decepticons taking the Autobots as prisoners, and the humans telling them to just go ahead and exucute the holy fuck out of them. Seriously?? Soundwave needed Dr. McDouchebag to enlighten him to the fact that leaving the Autobots alive might be a bad idea? Why are the Decepticons so retardedly ineffectual in these films? They have machines that blow up the sun, giant mecha tapeworms that can eat entire buildings but they fail at common sense. Even with Chicago burning in the background and the body parts flying around in some of the "slaughter" scenes, it really is hard to take them serisouly as a threat. Over 200 Decepticons and they can't manage to bag themselves all 10 Autobots.

I don't know. I don't want to come across as a hater. I did enjoy the film. CG was flawless, 3D was great everywhere except the beginning, where the old news footage that was in regular 2D kept clashing with the actual film in 3D. It was well worth the ticket price to have my mind blown away for 2 1/2 hours, but it just irks me that we still have the same story telling problems and weirdness as ROTF. DOTM was a visual orgasm of super masterfulness, but still an assholerific mockery of a well written story.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #77
Cpl. Chrissandwich
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessKnight View Post
Optimus is down and Sentinel has torn off one of his arms. Sentinel is about to finish off Optimus. Megatron Saves Optimus by shooting Sentinel in the back mortally wounding him. Optimus thanks Megatron by tearing off his head Mortal Kombat style. Optimus picks up a gun and executes a defenseless and mortally wounded Sentinel with a point blank shot to the head.

Totally brutal.

No joke.
I know, I already posted that I saw the movie. Lol, anyway, I understand why now.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:26 PM   #78
Vain
Spin Drive Smasher

So now that I have a bit of time to post something else. Any one notice the same decapitation death for most of the characters? Everyone loses their head, or almost.

Ironhide,Wheeljack,Soundwave,Starscream,Megatron,C rankcase,laserbeak,etc.

It also really bothers me when a really important characters dies and there's no mention of it afterwords. I was really looking forward to a scene where Prime looks over the remains of Ironhide and saying that he'll avenge his old friend or something.

Also the fact that bay actually opted for Dyno and Q really actually annoyed me, it's almost like he went through with it out of spite. Seeing as other forms of media have them stated with our classic names.

Another annoyance is seing the twins in the hangar scene andnot seeing anything else of them.

Other then that, I really enjoyed the movie.

Anyone else really loved Brains? I totally want a figure of his.

P.S Why exactly weren't the twins in the movie other then that one scene, someone mentioned something about the comics explaining it.

"They can't beat the Best"

Follow me on Instagram: @Dropdead_Charlie
Game with me on PsN: Dropdead_Charlie

-------------------------------------
Vain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #79
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Just watched the movie and it's pretty much exactly what I expected. It was neither great or bad. Rating it in terms of purely an action movie, tt was just MEH. The plot barely held everything together, but it did the job. The hurmor was handled well, nothing to rage over. Sideswipe got some more screen time and actually more than one line, but it still felt like the secondary Transformer characters were getting shafted on screen time in favor of the human military. For a 2hr++ movie, not fair for the robots.

Shockwave was pretty much MEH. He rode around the movie on this giant Bay-Robo-Penis while it pretty much fraked everything in sight like a dog in heat. Seriously. And they only thing I remember him saying was Grrrrrrrr. The wreckers weren't given much to do. They had a few lines and were in the fight but didn't do anything that mattered. Every so often they'll cut to a clip of a wreaker shooting in car mode but that's pretty much it. Did they save the life of a main character or achieve some important objective, No.

Lastly, three things that made me go, what the hell? First, the bloodthirsty autobots literally ripping a decepticon to pieces limb by limb. Good guys don't do that stuff and enjoy it. I shake my head. Second, why are the decepticons killing harmless, human civilians when it's explicitly stated they want the humans as slaves? Third, why did they make Megatron kill Sentinel before the battle was won? That was stupid. Sentnel is about to turn Optimus to junk, but idiot Megatron kills him before he can finish Optimus off, which then allows Optimus to get up and kill Megatron. Stupid death considering he could have just waited for Sentinel to kill prime before blasting him in the back.

Anyway... Overall an ok film. Probably an 11 on the geek-gasm scale for most TF fans

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 06-30-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:14 PM   #80
Batman
The Dark Knight

Well Prime certainly did kill them all.
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote