Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-04-2011, 12:11 AM   #31
Absurdity_Prime
Banned
Re: ALTERNATORS UNITE

My thoughts exactly!!! Love 'em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echotransformer View Post
Got 'em all and BTs that came in different colors like Meister, Tracks, Arcee, Skids, etc. Wish I got Alert and Broadblast...maybe some day.

To me, Binaltech/Alt will one day have the 'mystique' of G1 thanks to licensed cars and a fairly extensive selection of molds. I'm a little surprised to see the low prices lately (except for the rare ones) but I could see them going up in a few years as they hit a 10-year cycle.

Love 'em.
Absurdity_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:01 AM   #32
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
I've got 'em all (Alternators... no BT for me), and they are probably my favorite part of my collection. These are still some of the best that TF's has ever had to offer.

I got lucky with some of the hard to find guys:
- I traded a Tracks (from the $10 Walmart clearance) for a Decepticharge. This was back when Tracks was still hard to find and had not been reissued yet.
- I was able to get multiple Swerves from my father-in-law when he was on holidays in the US. He brought back 3, but said he saw more than a dozen.
- Rumble and Jaguar Ravage were both from Kooltoyz. They were listed as out of stock, but I tried an email anyways and he was able to hook me up with a set.

I still wish that this line would come back.
I feel the same way. they are fantastic. and sorry guys I meant hasbro alternators not bt"s I have never actually owned one surprisingly enough. I guess cost was an issue as I did not feel buying them for little bits of metal could not justify buying those guys dont get me wrong if I could get a good deal on those guy's i might consider having all of them as well. for me they were not going to release something as accurate as far as movement was concerned not including the masterpieces. but I spent hours humming and hawing about wether it was important to me to complete them and then pondering is $45 dollars really worth it for wheeljack at a local dealer.
believe me I did that and justified it to.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #33
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

I loved this line and was sad to see it go, especially since it was one repaint away from having Red Rumble and Blue Frenzy.

I think with the scaling down of MPs and for whatever other reasons, I believe we will see a renewed interest in this line. Or at least I hope.
Transbot90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:34 PM   #34
Batman
The Dark Knight

I loved them at the time and I had them all except for Swerve and Prowl. I realized after a couple of years though that I never actually handled them, because they were not much fun as toys. I basically opened them, transformed them and stuck them on a shelf. So I sold them all and it paid for my Hot toys Dark Knight collection

I think at the time they were my Classics, before we had Classics.
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:45 PM   #35
CBII
Animated

Next to the MP line these are easily the next best transformers ever....to me anyways. I tried rebuying the toys that I had as a kid and they all just kind suck to me now and weren't as good as I remembered. But that's just my opinion.

I have one of each mode with a few repaints and the odd BT tossed into the mix. I really do like the feel of the BT's but price is a huge factor for me. The most I've ever paid for any one Alt is $50 shipped for Alt Rumble and $50 shipped for BTA sunstreaker. I'd say more then half where about $10-$25 give or take.

I do actively look for wicked deals on alts cause I suspect once we hit that 10 years there value will just continue to rise.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:46 PM   #36
CBII
Animated

Oh and there is a Alternators/Binaltech community board started already for anyone interested....or not.

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/group.php?groupid=23
Old 05-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #37
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBII View Post
Oh and there is a Alternators/Binaltech community board started already for anyone interested....or not.

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/group.php?groupid=23
sorry guys did not see that. my bad anyways good to see all the replies keep it up.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #38
alternatorfan
g1 baby

here are where my alternators sit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00331.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	10152  
Old 05-04-2011, 05:32 PM   #39
CBII
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
sorry guys did not see that. my bad anyways good to see all the replies keep it up.
No big deal at all...just trying to bring awareness is all. Post away my friends, post away!
Old 05-04-2011, 06:30 PM   #40
Autovolt 127
Animated

I only have

Dead End
Camshaft
Jazz
Grimlock
Swindle
Hound