Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #11
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus
Re: ALTERNATORS UNITE

I have what I consider a complete collection to me but it only equals 18 Alts (well 17 Alts and 1 BTA).

I have all the on screen character Autobots plus Red Alert (my BTA) and the two original mould Decepticons.

I did not buy the Decepticon repaints or the non show Autobots.
And although it is unofficial I still add Alternity BB and CJ to the collection because they fit in so well.

With a smaller prime (the size of the newer MPs) the Atls fit in perfectly to create a G1 MP line. I would love to see the return of this concept...who knows right?
Transbot90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #12
STI 2NV
Energon

I have 14 of them so far. Now I'm passivly after the harder to find ones. Hoping one day to have them all.
STI 2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:48 AM   #13
alexsaurus_rex
Don't Panic!

I hate to admit that I paid eBay prices for Nemesis Prime when he first came out but I really like that mold! The rest I got lucky with the prices. I really love this line. I didn't care for the Alternity series though.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #14
Ozrein
Stunticon

I think I have all of them. But I've made a few customs and used some of the 'filler' characters as other characters with some head-swaps and such. For example, Rollbar is now Huffer in my Alt. collection, Battle Ravage is now Scamper and Camshaft will be used as a base for a re-shell eventually (he's already missing his head and accessories).

I've got a total of 29 Alts and 3 BTs plus 3 or 4 Subarus in various states. There's only one repeat character after I complete the customs that I have in mind (one day when I have space again). And about 14 of those are Decepticons, I like to have close numbers for bots and cons, so I had to fill in the 'Con ranks with some customs which include a non-combining set of Stunticons.

Like others this is the line (along with MP-01) that got me back into collecting TFs and is still one of my favorites lines. Unfortunately, like most of my collection, they are currently packed up until we get into a house where I'll have room to display my full collection.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #15
Hound
Robot in Disguise

While the first movie line got me into getting a few TFs, it was the Alternators line line that really got me into collecting. I'm what I consider a fairly patient person so I still need six of them.

They are still the 'jewels' of my collection in my eyes and just love having them displayed.

Also looking for Alternators: Decepticharge, Swerve, Prowl, Rollbar, Nemesis Prime, Rumble.
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:29 PM   #16
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

have the complete alt collection, might eventually get the binaltechs that never got an alt release, but that's not too important for me,

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:52 PM   #17
Mumps
Canadian Slag

I have most of the Alternators. My Shockwave and Windcharger are Binaltech though. I am missing Decepticharge, Swerve, and Nemisis Prime.

The reason I have all the repaints is because I got most of my Alternators at Superstore for $5, because they are stupid and put out products without pricing them first.

The only Alternator I overpaid on was Wheeljack, and I didn't pay that much for him. $55 after shipping, or something like that.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #18
Absurdity_Prime
Banned

I have 26 of the 27 alternators and only missing 3 of the binaltech figures. I love the car modes and I dont think they will ever make transformers using real car modes of that scale again. The alternators and binaltechs are some of the only transformers I will never sell.
I spent many hours getting all these beauties and because I think they are the nicest transformers made in many, many years and because of that I would not try selling them.
Absurdity_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #19
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by chovner View Post
I aimed to collect one of each car mold... I have done so, and now I'm done collecting Alternators. I remember that day Walmart had them on sale for $10, me and 2 of my buddies piled into my car and drove 15 mins to the nearest Walmart during our lunch break and bought a shopping cart full of Alternators.
Eventually my puppy ate them the 1st time we left him home alone outside of his kennel... Walked in the front door and just saw pieces of Alternators everywhere. The only one I could save was Hound, he just had Hound in between his paws and was about to chomp him up when I burst in and kicked him off... Sad Sad day (my wife thought it was aweful and hilarious.... I should have smacked her in her smart ass mouth).

Since then I've replaced the ones he ate, and got the other molds, all were purchased at very decent prices. A local collector was selling off his entire collection of 500+ TFs and I bought 8 Alternators off him at $10 a piece and then found deals on here for the rest.
that's awesome I remember doing that too driving around to every wal mart and letting people know that the alternators were on sale. poor bots i guess till all are one for them.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #20
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbacon View Post
Just like almost every line of Transformers, the waves were so inconsistant in their availability that some were very hard to collect.
Like many, I need Rumble and Ravage (jaguar version) but not willing (yet) to pay the insane ebay prices.
that is true for inconsistant bots aka shockwave, decepticharge, swerve just to name a few that did not make it up here.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote