Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #21
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Classics Starscream vs Universe Starscream

Damn this thread...saw Universe Starscream at TRU yesterday, thought "$10?...oh what the hell". Got it, and starting to like it more then the Classics version. The colours are much closer to G1 only thing he's missing is some yellow and silver highlights (can personally be fixed) but an ace figure overall. I think what I like most is how the back of his head is white and hides on the cockpit better then on the classics version.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:16 PM   #22
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

i have both as well, the universe one is displayed with tc and skywarp as his wingmen, classics is just there, i like the universe one better

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:02 PM   #23
Icetron

I sold my Classics 1.0 SS because I didn't like the colours, and didn't even think about rebuying it until 2.0 SS was announced. I prefer the 2.0 one since I like the white (don't really care about G1 show accuracy but I like the colours). Just found one today too.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:51 AM   #24
TFtoys
Animated

I might not care about the color of SS if close to the original 80s' animate, but I definitely like the white color of the US MP SS @ Walmart exclusive. Usually I don't like white toy, but this white is super lovely.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:07 PM   #25
C_Shewins
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rid View Post
Hi all,

Anybody has both of these and can give a quick summary of how/where they differ? Or are these just the same thing being re-released?
Pretty much got all 3 versions. I think you can consider it as a re-released. There is only different color and detail.

To get a little off-topic.
I dare to say Henkei version is overated especially if you consider about the 10-15 dollars difference. After all it is just a toy...does it worth an extra 10-15 dollars for something with different color? It is for you to judge, I haven't purchase any Henkei ever since the sale in last X'mas from Walmart at 6.92 a deluxe. I would say get either classic or universe. Right now, just get universe, it is everywhere now anyways especially 8.92 at Walmart.
C_Shewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:13 PM   #26
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

OK bought the Universe one for the hell of it. I REALLY REALLY like 1.0 version better. SO much more effort and detail put into it. The only think I like better with Universe is the silver face. The red chest was a little more G1 accurate but it just seemed made half assed IMO.
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote