Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 02-15-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
Goji_tron
Beasty
*spoiler alert* comments on Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger

The show is awesome, better than Goseiger and Kamen Rider Decade. It is like One Piece, except the Marines are excluded, LOL! Intro battle was great, although in the show, it was a bit awkward that some of the main cast rangers transformed into their past counterparts with their oppposite genders. Watch the show and you will know what I mean. But the show is still good anyway.

There is a couple of flows I want to point out in the show though:

1) Dead rangers present in battle like Abarekiller from Abaranger (White Drago ranger from PR Dinothunder). Or the green ranger from Zyuranger (Japanese counterpart of MMPR).

2) Rangers sacrificing their powers to save the world when they could've used their mecha to do so. Budget reasons? Excuse for plot? Or something writers didn't think of before?

Do you know what would make it more awesome:

1) Include seiyus of characters from Baroque Works in One Piece.

or

2) Include seiyu of Ali-Al Sarchez from Gundam 00 and seiyu of Lockdown from Transformers Animated Japanese dub.

3) Include some more elements from One Piece.

Wonder how Saban will adapt this show into the future? Past super sentai bing revealed as lost past rangers lead by another resident of planet Eltar. Or will alternate universe plot be used?

What are your opinions?
Goji_tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:08 AM   #2
cannabisprime
トーランスフォムー!
Re: *spoiler alert* comments on Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger

I've only gone through the first episode. Based on that, I would gather that it's looking like the Sentai version of Kamen Rider: Decade; the first few minutes looks like the Sentai version of All Riders vs Dai Shocker. Then again, considering it's a big anniversary series, it's kind of expected.
The pirate theme is a fresh change from the usual rehashed themes (dino, samurai/ninja, animal spirits); what I found cool was the fight scenes where they were brandishing both a flintlock pistol and a cutlass/scimitar.
I wonder though if they're going to issue (as merchandise) all of the past sentai teams for that Gokai-change gimmick.
cannabisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
Goji_tron
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannabisprime View Post
I've only gone through the first episode. Based on that, I would gather that it's looking like the Sentai version of Kamen Rider: Decade; the first few minutes looks like the Sentai version of All Riders vs Dai Shocker. Then again, considering it's a big anniversary series, it's kind of expected.
The pirate theme is a fresh change from the usual rehashed themes (dino, samurai/ninja, animal spirits); what I found cool was the fight scenes where they were brandishing both a flintlock pistol and a cutlass/scimitar.
I wonder though if they're going to issue (as merchandise) all of the past sentai teams for that Gokai-change gimmick.
I think they will issue all of the past sentai teams since it is the 35th anniversary show.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:17 AM   #4
Protoman
The Legend

So far, so good. The gimmick with the keys is due to the marketing/toy sales success with Kamen Rider's Metals gimmick. Now let's see........ over 30 Sentai themes..... ranging from 5-7 members per....... that's going to be A LOT of Ranger Keys to collect.....
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:13 AM   #5
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

I don't know wtf was going on, cause I couldn't find a version with subtitles, but holy emerald corndogs! That was freakin' awesome. I've only ever watched the North American version of the shows, but I'm thinking maybe it might be time to check out the originals.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #6
cannabisprime
トーランスフォムー!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
I don't know wtf was going on, cause I couldn't find a version with subtitles, but holy emerald corndogs! That was freakin' awesome. I've only ever watched the North American version of the shows, but I'm thinking maybe it might be time to check out the originals.
Careful; once you start watching the originals, you may not go back to the N.A. Power Ranger shows anymore.
cannabisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:27 PM   #7
Goji_tron
Beasty

Episode three just had a cameo of Magi-Red(Japanese Counterpart of Red Mystic Force ranger from Power Rangers Mystic force). Great episode.

I wonder something? Why don't the bad guys just throw all of their forces at the rangers so that they could overwhelm them? Is it because they send a few at a time to analyze their strength or wear them down slowly? Or are they just overconfident that they wll win with whatever they do? Or is it also because the writers just don't want the show to end? These questions go for the past ranger/sentai shows and this one.