Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 07-17-2007, 08:15 PM   #1
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
**** God Damn TEENS!

So I come home from school and it turns out some little f*cks decided to kick in our door and try to rob us; fortunately we have an alarm, but they still managed to snag my three TNG Box Sets after the alarm went off as they ran out the door.

Obviously it was a coupld of teens/young kids or maybe really thin and short men because the hole in the door wasn't wide enough or big enough to service someone of a stouter, bulkier nature ala rippling muscles or the like. And the neighbors were just robbed on Sunday; so yeah it's obviously the same pricks, the neighbors weren't so fortunate though they didn't have an alarm system.

************************** Lousy Bitches; if it were possible when/if they were caught I'd demand the death penalty, teach all those break and enterers out there that we're sick of this shit... I mean seriously; no body steals from me and lives to tell about it. (Or at least in my mind its' like that... Rage/Frustration.)

At least they didn't take any of my games; they weren't even smart enough to grab the DS sitting out in the open, they probably were doped up so high they didn't even know what it was or figured they had all the time in the world to make off with stuff because they obviously weren't expecting an alarm.

Man I'm so keyed up right now I can't even enjoy my Classics Soundwave to the fullest extent; at least they didn't break any of the TFs they knocked over trying to MAKE OFF WITH THE ENTIRE DVD STAND FULL OF DVDS. ??? Seriously; how the hell did they figure they'd get that out of that little hole in the door and NOT GET SPOTTED BY PEOPLE OUTSIDE...
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:57 PM   #2
chisau
Re: **** God Damn TEENS!

So they committed a major crime at risk of jail time and a record for few star trek DVDs?? yup, they where high on something.

then again, you do live in Winnipeg, i lived their once myself and the police force is less then adequate. i got my place robbed once too. then i moved out of winter-peg.
chisau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:13 AM   #3
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisau View Post
So they committed a major crime at risk of jail time and a record for few star trek DVDs?? yup, they where high on something.

then again, you do live in Winnipeg, i lived their once myself and the police force is less then adequate. i got my place robbed once too. then i moved out of winter-peg.
Um, yeah, Um, I think they have break and enter thefts and crime in general in places other than Winnipeg. I think it has more to do with being unlucky than the level of policing.........

Sorry to hear about that Scrapper6, hopefully all they got was a couple DVD's. Isn't it amazing how no one in the neighborhood ever sees anything?????? Hope they catch them and at very least give them a sound thrashing.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:03 AM   #4
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Death penalty for breaking into your house and snagging a few star trek dvds? As much as I advocate the removal of morons and jerks from the gene pool, I think that's a little too far.

Still, sucks that it had to happen to you. Have you considered starting a neighbourhood watch? Or really laying into the police department as a neighbourhood for either catching these misanthropes or providing more patrols?

I also think its a little rash to assume those goll-durned teenagers are responsible, as you dont have much evidence besides the hole they used, and their relative ineptitude at robbing you. I'd warrant it is more likely due to, as you alluded to, a thinner man. Perhaps one on the drugs. On the drugs such that he robs houses to feed his habit.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:14 AM   #5
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Well I don't know if they got any other DVDs; the stand is still a mess because the cops haven't been able to check it out yet. Plus that was just my stuff, my dad had a video camera stolen from him which he'd borrowed from a friend to use.

Aernaroth I don't think it could have been a thinner man; then again who knows, but quite frankly I'm going to stick with my first instinct and say it was teenagers... I mean if the cops catch them/him/her maybe even one of these days then we'll know for sure, but right now. TEENAGE SCUM! LOL

Police in Winnipeg aren't worth much; my dad's friend can attest to that considering they broke into his house while he was out of the province on the word of a neighbor who was highly misinformed. (And he has signs on his doors saying to phone this contact if unable to reach him, so they should have at least tried that first before busting down the doors under the pretense of helping.)

Anyway; as long as it doesn't take too long for an insurance claim to be processed I'll have my possessions back and that's all that really matters to me, I am a packrat after all.

Last edited by Scrapper6; 07-18-2007 at 07:16 AM.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:35 AM   #6
RandomFerret

I don't know that your town's actually like, but if that happened here, the evidence would definitely point to fully-grown crackhead, not dumb kid.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:17 PM   #7
BadJeff
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Scrapper6, I feel your pain. As an ex Winnipeger, it saddens me to see the amount of crime there and sadly the worst police force in all of Canada. Seems every time I talk to someone that just came back from Winnipeg either their house, appartment or car was robbed or they were physically assaulted. How many of you living in Winnipeg had someone you know murdered? Sorry to say, but I bet the percentage is quite high. If the local police force operated by the book and not the old west style they seem to preffer, my bosses' son would still be alive and I would still have a younger brother.
It is a beutiful city, I miss the big trees, the hot summer(except mosquitos), the cold winter, bumpershinning (back in the day and all of the other positive aspects but something must be done about the crime, police corruption and coverups.
BadJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:08 PM   #8
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

I've lived in Winnipeg for thirty plus years, never been mugged, don't know anyone who has been murdered. I've lived in the North End and West Kildonan and the worst I've had is minor vandalism on my car.
As for our title as murder capital of Canada, its a little skewed considering if you do your home work you find that a lot of these murders are tied to the Hells Angels, or are gang related, not random acts of murder. People who are involved in gangs don't get a whole lot of compassion from me.
I mean last year some fool in Toronto opened fire with a gun at random people on Young street, killing a poor young girl and wounding several others. Alberta had a monster with a rifle killing police. Montreal had a major incident at a university with a gun man. Thankfully nothing like this has ever happened here.
Give the police a break, their doing the best they can. You can't have an officer on every street corner.
There is no where I'd rather live, I feel completely safe. Could a major crime happen? Sure, one could happen anywhere.
I'm not taking shots at Toronto or Van city or where ever, so I don't want people slagging my home town either. Rant over, nuff said.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:57 PM   #9
chisau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I've lived in Winnipeg for thirty plus years, never been mugged, don't know anyone who has been murdered. I've lived in the North End and West Kildonan and the worst I've had is minor vandalism on my car.
As for our title as murder capital of Canada, its a little skewed considering if you do your home work you find that a lot of these murders are tied to the Hells Angels, or are gang related, not random acts of murder. People who are involved in gangs don't get a whole lot of compassion from me.
I mean last year some fool in Toronto opened fire with a gun at random people on Young street, killing a poor young girl and wounding several others. Alberta had a monster with a rifle killing police. Montreal had a major incident at a university with a gun man. Thankfully nothing like this has ever happened here.
Give the police a break, their doing the best they can. You can't have an officer on every street corner.
There is no where I'd rather live, I feel completely safe. Could a major crime happen? Sure, one could happen anywhere.
I'm not taking shots at Toronto or Van city or where ever, so I don't want people slagging my home town either. Rant over, nuff said.
Robimus, you are very defending your POV very hard. You don't happen to be a police officer in Winnipeg, are you?
chisau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:08 PM   #10
BadJeff
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Hey Robimus, you did hit the nail on the head with your comment about the violent crimes/murder being related to gangs, especially hell angels. That's precisely where the Winnipeg Police Service needs to clean up their act. A Friend of mine was with the Winnipeg police force for 2 years and could not believe the amount of BS that was going on within the force. In the end she transfered to Toronto to get away from it.
I should note though, the man (kid) that killed my bosses' son was in a "gang" but the victim was an innocent, educated young man with a bright future. The exact same applies to my brother's situation.

Last edited by BadJeff; 07-18-2007 at 08:35 PM.
BadJeff is offline   Reply With Quote