Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-08-2009, 02:48 PM   #11
Network
Machine War
Re: "Evangelion: You are (not) alone" review by a Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusko View Post
Thanks for the review. I'll look for this.

But just to clarify, its the original animation updated with better CGI? Is there a blue ray version?
it's actually all new animation. however it just looks like the older animation. my theory is they just traced the old cells, lol. a side-by-side of some stills shows that the new colours are slightly darker in some places such as the first fight. I found it fairly dark.as far as I know, there is no blu-ray yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
Whatever happened to the live action EVA movie that was supposed to have come out in like 2008? Did it get pushed back enough and eventually get replaced with these movies? Or is it still on the books and just delayed?
that was pretty well put in Movie hell. it's unlikely that it will come out anytime soon. I'm not even sure I would enjoy a live action eva movie all that much now. especially with those concepts that are floating around, they look to be worse off than the TF movie designs T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aernaroth View Post
I was going to see it when they showed it in theatres here in Hamilton, but those monsters decided to show a dubbed version only.
I normally watch all my anime dubbed (I like reading but when I watch a movie I would rather to WATCH it, not read it). However, I think I will watch this in the original japanese. it might be a little more bearable...to me at least.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:51 PM   #12
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Network View Post
there is no blu-ray yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were soon.
April 2010, there's a big hub-bub about it as it's an obvious attempt to make people buy it twice who cant wait.
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:45 PM   #13
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Network View Post

I normally watch all my anime dubbed (I like reading but when I watch a movie I would rather to WATCH it, not read it). However, I think I will watch this in the original japanese. it might be a little more bearable...to me at least.
Good dubs are, sadly, few and far between. I really recommend watching stuff in the original language, not just for anime, but all foreign media.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:11 AM   #14
Phalanx
Generation 2

I watch both, but I'll take subs 9 times out of 10... The voice acting, in most cases, isn't up to par, and compromises have to be made.

There've been a few good dubs in the last few years, though, and it's improving overall.
Phalanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:15 AM   #15
Network
Machine War

My plan is to take some japanese courses when I get to college and then I can just forgo the subs altogether and if all works as planned, I can land in japan at some point too. but that will have to wait til I get money T_T
Old 11-11-2009, 01:12 AM   #16
Ninjatron
Overlord of all Ninjas

Saw this at Fan Expo and thoroughly enjoyed it. I had seen the fansub many ages ago, but had mostly forgotten it. It was a total blast watching it with a big bunch of fellow fans. Even though we all knew what was going to happen, being so close to the original series, it was still a lot of fun to watch. I thought the dub was pretty decent all things considered. I'll buy it on Blu Ray when the time comes.

Sayonara.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:00 PM   #17
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

Also about the second film as well I bought the official movie program wile in Japan as well. I just wish I could read Japanese as there's a couple of interviews in there I wish I could read Pretty pictures though

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/7633/evaprogram.jpg
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:00 PM   #18
Goji_tron
Beasty

[quote=Network;186518]it's actually all new animation. however it just looks like the older animation. my theory is they just traced the old cells, lol. a side-by-side of some stills shows that the new colours are slightly darker in some places such as the first fight. I found it fairly dark.as far as I know, there is no blu-ray yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were soon.

that was pretty well put in Movie hell. it's unlikely that it will come out anytime soon. I'm not even sure I would enjoy a live action eva movie all that much now. especially with those concepts that are floating around, they look to be worse off than the TF movie designs T_T

I would also like agree with that. I am comfortable with the anime just fine. At least they can animate whatever they want in the cartoon where the live action might be difficult to make CGI battles with Evangelions and the Angels. In my opinion, I feel the live action move should be sticking to its Japanese actors and its roots instead of western.
Goji_tron is offline   Reply With Quote