Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-15-2023, 04:32 PM   #7061
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
Hopefully enough people take the same approach that they go on clearance for a decent price.
The odds of that happening is quite low... when you look at so many that are quite high priced (the reissue of Fortress Maximus, for example) that at 299$ isn't that far from the secondary market as been, and not everyone can afford such, and yet it still sold out very fast, and that's just one example.

I've learned that at this point, Hasbro has won as people are buying and selling out just about anything. It would be nice to see people join and just not buy something to send a message but to many fear that it'll turn into a scenario that Hasbro won't care in that hoped way but instead do a "screw-you" and just not put out as many figures, driving people to buy whatever comes out at even higher prices even more.

For sales to happen, it's usually more a balance of actual stock and sales being low enough to get them to lower the prices to get more out and not sit for too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
these are limited production, so probably not. Remember everyone hoping Amazon's expensive bundle for Siege Skywarp would get a deep discount? That wasn't limited and it still sold out at that high price and the price has climbed ever since.
But in any case, I think these are limited because the game is not out yet. There will probably be another run, maybe even individually packaged, when the game comes out. But in a slightly different deco to preserve the notion of this limited release.

In any case, having realized that the Optimus 2 pack is a voyager and a deluxe as opposed to 2 voyagers, I cancelled my preorder. If that means I never get that Optimus, then so be it.
Siege Skywarp? It did have a fairly acceptable sale (down in the 50$ range instead of the 80$ range or whatever it was at the time).. that's how I got mine.

The main trouble with sales is that the time windows tend to be short lived and many can miss out...

Fear of missing out has now become the norm.

I'll hope that the molds to get re-used as individual releases and go with that at the time should it happen. Otherwise, how Hasbro does it, even if they are losing my purchase, they won't care as someone else most certainly will buy one anyways and I would be surprised to see these sets sell-out regardless.
Old 11-15-2023, 10:56 PM   #7062
Patate
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post

I've learned that at this point, Hasbro has won as people are buying and selling out just about anything. It would be nice to see people join and just not buy something to send a message but to many fear that it'll turn into a scenario that Hasbro won't care in that hoped way but instead do a "screw-you" and just not put out as many figures, driving people to buy whatever comes out at even higher prices even more.
Looking at those threads (on other forums) that ask people how much they spend on Transformers, I was surprise that it's not that much for the majority of people.

I think Pulse just have limited stock for everything and they are the more popular store, specially that their North America division covers all customers from US and Canada. At Toysnowman, they have Fortress Maximus at MSRP and it's still in stock since it was first available when Pulse also had it. For a small toy store, I'm sure that they don't have dozens of FM, so I don't think people are buying at whatever price Hasbro are setting.
Patate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 12:43 AM   #7063
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patate View Post
Looking at those threads (on other forums) that ask people how much they spend on Transformers, I was surprise that it's not that much for the majority of people.

I think Pulse just have limited stock for everything and they are the more popular store, specially that their North America division covers all customers from US and Canada. At Toysnowman, they have Fortress Maximus at MSRP and it's still in stock since it was first available when Pulse also had it. For a small toy store, I'm sure that they don't have dozens of FM, so I don't think people are buying at whatever price Hasbro are setting.
I find that many end up not looking for much outside of the main branches... so Pulse, Amazon, Walmart and Gamestop are usually all some people use.

It's confirmed in part whenever I see some people ask about X site if it's legitimate or such, especially when it's a very solid/reputable site that to these people is completely unknown... and that also shows that a LOT of people don't read threads that have answered the same questions several times, sometimes barely a few posts before, which leads to the basic fact that some have absolutely no capacity to do a rudimentary search.

So sites like TSM is going to be completely off the radar of such people, so hardly surprising that such stores aren't going to be known, and also, if there is shipping costs involved, many will frown on such (as the larger stores tend to have free shipping) and such people won't want to spend anything more than they have to. That said, at the same time, those that are more "worldly" about these secondary sites have most usually grabbed the figures already from the larger stores (while cheaper) anyways.

(and you need to consider that Pulse is a bitch for shipping)

And regarding how much people spend, that goes into several factors...

Financial status, obligations/priorities/employment, how much of a collector that they are, if they have a set budget, if they have a set type of collecting, their ego, etc.

Some barely get anything, others grab everything they can, some have so much extra funds, and some keep going into debts over the hobby.

Some can barely afford them, others like to bend over and ask for higher prices.

You can't just assume... (and probably why you were surprised)
Old 11-20-2023, 01:50 AM   #7064
Vrillon77
Generation 2

it has begun!
Titan Nemesis $246

https://www.amazon.ca/Transformers-E.../dp/B0BCMNLMV5
Vrillon77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 07:53 AM   #7065
Supernova
Second star to the right

I'm not sure how 18% off can actually be considered a "deal". Try harder, Amazon!

Transformers and Other Stuff For Sale

My Feedback Thread
Supernova is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 09:03 AM   #7066
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

The second Jurassic Park collab is 19% off as a "Black Friday Deal"

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0BS4D3GMG
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 10:21 AM   #7067
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

There's a whole bunch of recent Evo figs & amazon exclusives on sale, largely 18-19% off

Some of em:

Evo Needlenose $29.51 (18% off)
https://www.amazon.ca/Hasbro-Transfo...%2C143&sr=1-11

Evo Twincast $38.87 (19% off)
https://www.amazon.ca/Tra-Gen-Legacy...%2C143&sr=1-10

Evo Dirge $39.35 (18% off)
https://www.amazon.ca/Tra-Gen-Legacy...%2C291&sr=1-40

Evo red dragon Megs $60.92 (21% off)
https://www.amazon.ca/Transformers-E...b-3e4b9bf7d0d6

86 Snarl $62.36 (19% off)
https://www.amazon.ca/Transformers-S...b-3e4b9bf7d0d6

SS The Fallen $62.34 (19% off)
https://www.amazon.ca/Transformers-S...b-3e4b9bf7d0d6

IDW (listing for Ratbat/MinerMegs; photos for SenShock/ClerkPax) $63.13 (18% off)

IDW (listing for SenShock/ClerkPax; pics for Ratbat/MinerMegs) $65.44 (15% off)

Also a bunch of the Studio Series "Gamer Edition" figs are on sale (BB, CJ, Megs, Barricade etc)
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 10:38 AM   #7068
Northerncrowe
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrillon77 View Post
FYI, this is more than what they charged for it a short while ago. A week ago they cracked the price to 300$+
Now they discounted it from 300.

Just be savy on your amazon pricing everyone, a 19% discount is not always 19% off true retail.
Northerncrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 11:29 AM   #7069
LarrySeinfeld
Generation 1

Nothing too exciting this year. Deals are definitely not as strong as last year.
LarrySeinfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 11:49 AM   #7070
Melomeca
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrySeinfeld View Post
Nothing too exciting this year. Deals are definitely not as strong as last year.

It's still the early sales, Friday is when the big things show
Melomeca is offline   Reply With Quote