Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 02:55 PM   #472
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Hasbro Pulse Transformers Sightings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
That's because shipping is the same regardless of how much you buy. At a certain treshold, this becomes the deal of the decade. Here is how much it came out for me:

Deluxes are $13 USD, so 17 CAD instead of 35 CAD if bought locally
Voyagers (and that exclusive fossilizer triceratops) is only $20 USD, so 25 CAD instead of 48 CAD if bought locally
And the Jurassic park set is only $63 USD so 80 CAD instead of 138 CAD if bought locally

I bought 3 voyager priced figures, 5 deluxes and the Jurassic Park set for a total of 323 CAD shipping and taxes included.

If bought locally, that would have been 525 CAD taxes included.

So I just saved $200 CAD, so 40% off the local prices.

Plus I now have a Pulse exclusive that was never available here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
I'll agree; based on my perception of how much toy prices have raised, it certainly seems like "sale pricing" is pretty heckin' similar to "just, what toys used to cost"

With that said, I'll take it
Well that's just it... it really depends on how much you're getting before it hits that number of turning into the savings, but how many are going to be spending over 200-300$ to make the most of it.

I considered getting a Titan (Ark or BZ) but both have issues that for me I'd have to get the kits to fix them, so I just stopped considering either of them.

If they had a few older figures, I probably would consider getting more, but when even the three I selected are "pushing" it for me (one that I already have, one that I'd get if cheap enough, and one that was a "sure, I need to hit that 75$") it kills it.

But anyways, my post is just to provide the perspective that the deal doesn't add up that much with just the minimal 75$ worth of figures (of 2 Voyagers and 1 deluxe) and that one needs to consider a large enough purchase to truly take advantage of it.

Considering that we've had sales that took Voyagers and deluxes at anywhere from 5$ - 14$ -20 $ -24$ in the last year, it might be worth it to hope for such sales for any "maybe" figures.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 06-02-2022 at 02:58 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.