Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 03:03 AM   #1
astrana
Nexus Maximus
Brief NFS: Undercover Review

One of the board member Jaysmith asked me how is the game and I decided to write my own little short review. ( no spoiler)

First thing first, I am not a hardcore racing game fan. I like all kinda of games, like Gears of War, God of War, Final Fantasy, Shadow of Colossus... I loved Need For Speed Underground I and II, I would spend hours customizing my skyline ^^

Graphics: 9/10
the graphics is amazing, I am pretty sure they combined a lot real life sceneries into the background. The only thing to pick on is in some tunnels or shadowed area, it is almost impossible to see when u use slow motion.

Music: 8/10
Got variety of music from salsa to techno to rock n roll. I enjoy every track they played while roaming around the city.

Game Play: 9/10
This game is definition of free roaming. Everything is opened up from the start. The map is huge and very detailed. I can spend all day roaming around the city or on the endless highway. there are a lot of races, chekpoint, escape from the cop, cost of state( destroy public property while u have cops on your ass and you have to get away from them after) take the lead, sprint, circuit, highway battle, car heist.... haven't seen drift yet, but I am only few hours into the game, maybe they will have it later on. This game may not have as many cars as Grand Turismo, but it sure has a lot of nice ones. They are categorized in American/European/Japanese... now guess which ones are in it^^

Plot: ??/10
Well, the title gives away the plot already, Need For Speed UNDERCOVER. what more can you expect. But maybe they will have some interesting twist. So far it has been boring, but i can see they are building up for something. Plus they got hot babes like Christina Millian and Maggie Q. so I cannot give the plot a rating yet.

total: 8.6/10
If you really liked Need For Speed Underground I would say the game is worth every penny. If not, maybe should try rent it from somewhere and try it out first.
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.