Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 04:30 PM   #6
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise
Re: WST Thoughts ???

I love my WST transformers. I own most of them and I'm only missing Bluestreak, Cliffjumper, and an official Thundercracker (I have a KO version).

The scaled down molds have some changes to strengthen certain parts but they are overall an accurate representation of their much larger original G1 counterparts.

I also own all of the JustiToys WSTs. These are an attempt to scale down the actual original molds and try to keep as many of the original parts as possible (albeit scaled down) and look great on display. However, I find the quality to be lacking compared to the Takara WSTs. joints are loose, parts are floppy, and pieces sometimes fall off. Also, the stickers provided are garbage. They do not stay on. I recommend investing in reprolabels for them if you want them stickered. Even then, there are certain stickers that end up being destroyed when parts rub up against each other during transformation. I feel that if they had simplified and modified certain parts, these would have ended up better. The way it is now, they are only good for display.

But what a display they make! They all look great next to the old G1 basebots. They feel much more in scale with Metroplex and Trypticon.
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.