Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 07:03 AM   #22
BigWillay
Robot Master
Re: Grinds my gears!!!!!!

First off... you've made some interesting points... however I take offence to the statement of "embellishment" for those who do know me on the boards, I am self admittedly anal about my figures I am spending hard earned money on higher end items. If I am buying Tr figures or CW figures I'm not really bothered (lower cost figure). Granted I do tend to clean most figures I buy, because I do understand that they are on display and can be dirty. But when I am buying an MP figure and spending a fair amount on it, there is some responsibility on the buyer to provide a product in said condition as was described. I understand the the term "buyer beware" (LMAO Primecron) comes into play and you are right most of the responsibility falls on the buyer. But that being said where is the sense of honor between fellow collectors.

I also don't quite understand how I'm "playing the victim".... at no point did I say I got played or made a fool of or am I whining that I got ripped off... the op and title is "what grinds my gears" so all I am doing is talking to the community about what bothers me within our circle. Last time I checked complaining or discussing doesn't automatically make me a victim... nor am I trying to be one. Was just trying to get feedback from the community. Not trying to get Flamed. My friends on this forum can attest that I am hardly a victim, I am however vocal in regards to issues I see.

I agree some figures come right out of the box with issues, but that being said an educated collector already knows about given issues. I don't agree with your statement of not mint... I know for myself I have figures that have been removed from box, pix are taken it's on display for a few days wiped down and put back in box not even transformed. How is that not mint in box? Again my reputation speaks for itself. It's the honesty that I don't understand. If I am selling a figure and there is an issue I let people know upfront then I can't be told I wasn't honest... that's my integrity and up to me as a responsible seller. Let's call a spade a spade, in this community reputation is everything, selling figures in great shape that are clean can make or break a sales thread. A while back I traded a figure that had issues with the paint right out of the box, I made sure I took multiple pictures of it and sent to the buyer so they understood. I could have played it off like there was no issue but that's not who I am.

I understand a dusty figure doesn't seem like a major issue, but when it's caked on in panels that are folded in... it tells you it's not maintained. When it's a figure that's hard to come by and doesn't usually come in a completed status it makes it harder to turn the figure down as I've been searching for a while. I'm not expecting perfection, that being said I have dealt with multiple board members, who's figures you could eat off of they are so clean..... you guys know who you are!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79transam View Post
No, what I'm saying is that one should assume anything advertised is probably exaggerated to some degree be it intentionally or from a different understanding of definitions. And once a buyer gets that, ask questions. Be specific. And if it's not as advertised when you see it, then use that inspection to either renegotiate or decline to buy the damn thing.
Handing over cash then playing the victim is just lame imo.
And I say "playing the victim" because 2.5 hours to clean a toy is just as big an embellishment as saying a figure is mint, if it's already opened and displayed
BigWillay is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.