Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 05:31 PM   #389
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag
Re: Hasbro Pulse Transformers Sightings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
Is it such a great value though? I don't regret my backing the project or anything but all told, converted to CAD currency, it's $300 for me. Even if I inflate the prices of those since they seem to have more engineering and deco, it doesn't equate $300 in my mind.
As a backer I can say that I don't see it being great value. While this may be unfair, here is how I have chosen to see this:

Victory Leo (with that big gun) looks like something I would pay leader prices for at retail.
Star Saber looks like something I would pay commander prices for at retail (I can see a comparison to Rodimus Prime, for instance in terms of what's involved in it)
Then you have a custom limited stand and a micromaster set both of which we can price even more easily than the rest.

With all that added together, I still feel I am overpaying about $30-40.

But I then chomp that off to saying that I am getting a limited item and as with other limited items, there is a price to offset the limited factor. So I am comfortable with what I paid. Granted I don't care to pay more to have something limited, but in the end that was the price Hasbro was comfortable selling this toy to us and I was comfortable paying for it.

But yeah, I would never call it great value. You are paying for exactly what you are getting.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.