Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-08-2022, 12:08 PM   #9
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions
Re: [ADVICE SOUGHT] How Do You Downsize? Marie Kondo Your Collections?

The easiest way I downsized my collection (it's been awhile since a massive downsize) was these two ways:

1. Selling an entire lineup of figures I decided I was not as interested in (in my case, I sold my Beast Machines first, because they are Beast Machines... Then Unicron trilogy figures as my CHUG figures were taking up more space and I was more fond of G1/CHUG). Later, I downsized my 2001 RID to just one version of each character in the TV show (I sold the toy-original versions like the Cerberus bruticus) and recently I sold all my Beast Wars except for the show appearance characters, and eventually they too shall go, I suspect, as I'm enjoying Kingdom for the season one characters (which appear will be completed in Legacy) although I really like Transmetals/Fuzors/etc from later seasons.

2. Sell duplicates of the same character. This path may be most useful to you, as you sound like how I used to be. I used to buy every new CHUG type release and never sold any, which ended up meaning I had a lot of duplicate Primes and Megatrons and others. I ultimately trimmed to one of each character that I felt was definitive for me. Prime is a funky one because I still have Earthrise Op, Galaxy Commander Armor Seige Op, Ginrai as Powermaster Op, Star Convoy, and Legacy Laser Prime. Prime and Megs tend to be full of exceptions compared to say Starscream or Prowl, as they have alternate body forms that tend to have significance to me. As opposed to simply comparing Universe Prowl, Siege Prowl and Earthrise Prowl - they are all basically the same car done different ways. So I only need one.

I think #2 is probably your best and easiest way to downsize, IMHO, if you really have a "collect 'em all" CHUG collection, you definitely have the same character in different forms.

Last edited by NightshadeX; 02-08-2022 at 12:12 PM.
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.