Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 08:58 PM   #4
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: [ADVICE SOUGHT] How Do You Downsize? Marie Kondo Your Collections?

I’m in the middle of downsizing too. I’m separating things into categories. Keeper. Goner. Maybe. A lot of my goner pile right now is doubles. Those are the easy choices. Next is stuff that I look at and know if it disappeared from the collection I wouldn’t notice or care.

Also at the same time I’m pulling everything off a bunch of the shelves and tossing them in rubber totes. Seeing and feeling the toy clutter go away a little feels good and motivates me to make the hard choices. I’m going to put the displays back up in a bit. And what sticks out as extraneous gets put in the goner pile.

I already kind of know character/mould doubles are probably going to be part of that as well as oversized figures that don’t scale with anything. I don’t need 4-5 movie Optimus Primes. Maybe two will do. I don’t need Cybertron Roadbuster. I have the Generations one. That giant Bumblebee, it’s cool but it doesn’t scale with anything. It’s probably gone.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.