Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 12:31 AM   #3
Dark Rage
白人看不懂
Re: [ADVICE SOUGHT] How Do You Downsize? Marie Kondo Your Collections?

You're going to have to inventory/list all the transformers you own, the condition of them/packaging if applicable.

Then decide how much you really want to keep each item. Most collectors don't keep every TF they've ever bought. It's constantly a buy and sell situation.

Your interest in certain transformers change, or you'll have to be more picky about what transformers series you buy.

Or if you keep buying mostly everything (Hasbro, 3A, third parties), you're just going to end up living in a warehouse/TF display museum, or you're going to have to rent a storage locker, which can become quite costly.

I think a difficult factor is packaging, it takes up so much space, especially worse if you display your TF and shove the box somewhere else.

If you're asking for advice, you should probably ask from those who have a similar housing situation as you. If you've got thought space in an urban condo, anyone who has a generous detached suburban house with tell you you can keep everything, which is definitely not realistic.

I myself have been listing TFs at my own home and at my parents home, realizing that I don't really have an interest in certain older toy lines, and I never even opened any of them yet. So it's gonna go, no point in my keeping them.

I've also decided to stick to official Hasbro products only now, I can't afford Hasbro and expensive 3rd party transformers.

Your partner should be understanding of your hobby, but not when it becomes an issue with interrupting your daily way of life or housing space. Something's gotta give.

I recall one member here has a rule that his collection can only fit in his Ikea glass detolf, as he lives in a tiny condo with his family. That's a difficult rule any collector would have to follow.

Good luck on your downsizing.
Dark Rage is online now   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.